WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Weekend was a little tough to stay on track. Spent a good deal catching up on work since m-f I’m juggling more than work. I’m finding It’s tough to be home with everyone and try to think up meals with limited selection. Today I was able to make a great protein packed soup - Asian meatball soup and for dinner I made salmon cakes over a salad. Had a good run and got a lot done for work as well as some outside time for with the family. Hoping tomorrow goes well tooo. Supposed to get groceries Wednesday so we will need to be creative til then. Who knows what will arrive of the online order but hoping at least some fruits and veggies. I may avoid the actual store for another 2 weeks because we are hitting record numbers here in New York and the grocery store is prob the worst place to be germ wise. Stay well everyone. Going to go pretrack tomorrow food now.
    -Dawn
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    JillyBT
    Week 2
    Monday
    Previous weight: 157
    Current weight: 155

Yippee.... the scale moved in the right direction, however because I have not been exercising, I worry it is more muscle loss than fat loss. Tried some online videos today. Got a little sweat in. I have to get back into walking.

@Cafelelia count me in on the 20 lb team weight loss this week! I just contributed 2!

@sleepymom5 so happy to hear that Jim is making tiny steps in the right direction. Glad to hear you and your family are still symptom free. Such a relief.

@IJdanny Happy Birthday!

@ProfDawnLee Stay safe. So impressed that you can juggle all that with such stress all around you!

@tryingagain5 I feel ya..... I have so much to do even though we are stuck at home.... it is overwhelming and tough to figure out which items to tackle first

Tomorrow I have to do a zoom call with my father (who has dementia) and his doctor. That should be interesting. Going to try some more online classes. I so miss my boxing and HIIT classes at the gym. Not the same at home!

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @JillyBT
    Great job on the loss this week!
    Yes, it seems like it should be less overwhelming not more. I have nowhere else to go so you'd think I could get everything done at home since I have no other obligations.

I hope your zoom call with your dad and the doctor goes well.

I'm with you on missing the gym. I'm still doing some form of workouts at home but definitely not the same as at the gym with my trainer. Since I don't have any weights at home, pretty much everything I'm doing is cardio/conditioning types of exercise. I miss my trainer making me lift heavy weights, even though that's hard for me.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa Yes still growing but his feet have been the same size for a year or so. I really hope they've stopped! It's difficult but not impossible to buy shoes here in his size, but a cheap pair is going to cost over $100.

@sleepymom5 I am so happy that Jim is improving. Don't worry about the small stuff right now, it will still be there to get done later.

@Mrsbell8well I doubt I would have made it to 9.30 on only a grapefruit! I love that your grandkids are getting into vegan cooking. We eat mostly vegetarian meals and a lot are vegan, I get my kids cooking dinner at least one night a week each. Tonight we had a really nice eggplant lasagne done in the slow cooker. I put a little edam cheese on top so not vegan, but it can be made vegan I think.

@ProfDawnLee I take my hat off to you, coping in New York. It feels bad enough here and we only have 1100 or so cases with 1 death. I don't want to go out in public here, you couldn't pry me out elsewhere in the world. Realistically I do have to leave the house for groceries etc, as our online deliveries are fully booked for weeks, but it really makes you think about what is an essential and what you can make do without! At least we have toilet paper - just no flour or yeast anywhere in the country!

• brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/05 steps 9362
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food: 16:8 IF; Didn't snack off plan. Can't believe how many times I had to remind myself to not eat something as it wasn't on my daily plan. Clearly mindless snacking has crept up during these uncertain times. Only two servings of fruit. Usually not a problem for me but I'm only going to the grocery store 1/week so need to be more creative.
    Water: 75 oz
    Exercise: 20 mins Bowflex, 30 mins JessicaSmithTV strength training, 35 minute dog walk; 12,785 steps

Just for today... 14 hr fast; plan my food and stick to plan; increase daily servings of fruit/veggies and amount of fiber; drink 70-80 oz of water; take dogs for a walk.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Username: jedaschultz
    Week: 2
    Weight in day: Monday
    Previous weight:199.8
    Current weight: 199.8

Right now I am just thankful to be staying the same. Looking forward to going back to the gym when this is all over. Thankfully it's warming up so I can get some outdoor walking in and also gardening.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Yesterday was a good day, I ate on plan, had my water and just did gentle walking. Virtual school started for my kids and it was not good. My older boy is in grade 8 and has multiple teachers. His schedule was very confusing and there were some technical glitches. But he is very happy to spend time with his classmates and have things to do. My younger son’s teacher is a bit disorganized (It must be difficult getting everything set up remotely). He posted assignemnts without required texts or explanations. I was impressed how he could get a group of 9 year olds to behave well on a video call. So day 1 was about working through all of these issues. I am grateful that I don’t have to put together lessons anymore, but it looks like I will have to stay quite involved, at least for this initial period. The boys continue to do virtual work outs several times a week with their hockey coach and that has been a godsend. His fees are minimal and he is doing it to keep the boys active and keep their skills up. We are just so grateful. As the weather gets nicer, the boys can plan properly distanced street hockey, at least just the two of them. There are absolutely no cars on the roads, which is so weird when you live in a big city. I have to look at restarting my legal practice virtually. I conduct workplace investigations. It is a challenge to do online, but will give it a try if there is a need.

@nstephenson01 - Fantastic exercise and IF! I find that the IF really helps. Even with my weight loss slowing, I find that the IF helps me to keep eating in check and also prevent big gains. Snackng really can be an issue right now, I get totally get it.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - I am a baker and I find this trend of home baking fascinating. Aside from bread or other baked good shortages, baking is a really calming activity. I just read somewhere that one of the most search phrases on Google right now was “banana bread recipes”.

@tryingagain5 - Good day yesterday and admire your dedication to exercise! We just have to lower our expectations on productivity a bit and set those small goals, like you are doing.

@JillyBT - Fantastic loss! Thanks for contributing to the 20lb loss challenge this week! Hope that the zoom call goes well (or as well as can be expected).

@ProfDawnLee - I think it is a good idea to avoid the grocery store for a few weeks if you can. Online ordering here is a real hit and miss as well. I was injured last year, so used it a lot for weekly groceries. Back then, I could even do same day ordering if needed, which just feels like a huge luxury now. Hope that you get most of your items tomorrow.

@ljdanny - I am so sorry about your son’s girlfriend’s grandfather. I hope that he is stable in hospital and that is wife has not caught it. Sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday and it was great that you could just sit outside (raking the yard can wait).

@lennoncpa - Thank you for the daily Sunny photos! I love his ears!

@Mrsbell8well - That is so nice that the kids are cooking during this time home! It all sound delicious!

@sleepymom5 - So happy that Jim is improving a little each day. You are right that spring cleaning can wait a bit. So glad that you are prioritizing some exercise and rest.

@GingerPwr - Thanks for the Noom info! Hope that it continues to go well!

• tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Glad Jim is continuing to improve.

Happy Birthday to Mary Kate! It's nice that she'll be getting some of her favorite foods even though you can't have a normal celebration right now.

Don't worry about cleaning/organizing right now. You need to take care of yourself too.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @ljdanny
    Happy Belated Birthday!

It's ok if you didn't do anything, sometimes just sitting and relaxing is what we need.

I hope your son's girlfriend's grandfather will be ok and that her grandmother doesn't get the virus. I will add them to my prayer list.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    I hope your son's teachers figure out the online teaching. It has to be a big learning curve for the teachers just as much as the students.

Thanks, I don't know why exercise is the only thing I'm keeping consistent. Sometimes it's high intensity and sometimes low or medium intensity.

I guess I"ll just consider that being productive when I have no motivation to do anything else.

I hope your legal practice goes well if you decide to try and do that online.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 - We posted at the same time! Happy Birthday to MK!! Glad that Jim continues to do well
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I just checked posts. I am so sorry to hear about Jim! This is such a scary time for everyone! Happy birthday to MK! I hope you are able to enjoy her birthday!
    My hubby's good friend is on a ventilator right now. He has leukemia & non-Hodgkin's lymphoma as well as COVID-19! He seems to be improving slowly! I am keeping everyone in my prayers! Glad you & the girls are ok! Hang in there!!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team - I hope everyone is doing well.

@tryingagain5- just like you - my exercise has been very consistent - almost to the point of boring! I do the exact same Youtube video every weekday morning at 5 am (same time as I used to go to the gym). On the weekends I do some dancing in my living room to some live webcasts and sometimes I just replay the webcasts to enjoy them again.

I used to dance 3 to 4 times a week, so I really miss the dancing and the friends!! I love when they do the live clogging webcasts because then I know that all of my friends are dancing at the same time that I am!! This last Saturday the webcast was from Australia and they featured several instructors from all over Australia - they even showed us on the map where they were located which was very interesting.

I haven't figured out why I don't do other YouTube videos on the weekdays - its almost like a neurotic thing - like why don't I mix it up - there are probably thousands of them online! I am such a creature of habit. Right now my eating habits have been good - other than I pretty much eat the same thing almost every day. I have my 27 year old son staying with me right now - so there are all of the foods I shouldn't eat in the house - but I'm not eating them - which is really good. I pretty much know that if I allow myself one little bite of the junk he eats - it will be off to the races!!
  • kirsten11872
    kirsten11872 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope you are all hanging in there!

I am feeling a little better. I got myself back on track with my food & exercise. I am also back to 18:6 IF. Trying to get through this without gaining a ton of weight. It would be so easy to just eat crap, but I know eventually we will be allowed out again & I don't want to have to buy bigger sized clothes.

Try to have a good day! :smile:
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    today was a productive day, i can't have any more sitting around. i exercised, cleaned my car, picked up all the branches that fell in the front of the house, raked the grass on the side of the driveway, picked up all the dog poop, yuck!!, and made a lasagna. I still have lots of raking to do, i picked the smallest section of grass for today. i didn't get my walk in but thats ok, i did my 21df and country heat videos. for dinner i had a small piece of lasagna, salad and a slice of bread, for lunch the kids got take out and asked if i wanted anything and i turned it down, that was a win in my book. it's supposed to rain the next few days, tomorrow its not all day but i have to wait for the repair man for my freezer so hopefully i can squeeze something in. i do plan on getting up early to at least get my videos done because they give you the 9-12 time. i am hoping he comes at 9 but my luck it will be 12. Have a great night.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    I am somewhat varying my workouts but do agree, they are getting boring. I really want to work with my trainer and have him make me do things that I think are to hard for me but he makes me do it anyway since he knows I can do it.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Tuesday 4/7
    Food: over
    Water:64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes low intensity workout, 30 minute walk

I was somewhat productive today. I made myself do some cleaning/going through things for about 45 minutes this morning.

My neighbor and I only walked 30 minutes today. She had taken an hour long walk with her dog in the morning. On our walk we saw a couple of our neighbors and their dogs. There were also lots of people we didn't know out walking. After we got back I spent some time talking with some other neighbors who were sitting outside.

I did okay with food until I had supper and wanted something sweet. The only thing I have that's sweet is chocolate chips. I put some peanut butter and chocolate chips in a bowl and made that my dessert. I did that last night too. I'm going to have to stop doing that.
This discussion has been closed.