WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny
    I get it. I've been sitting around way to much too. I really need to quit that. When I'm at my job, I may not be moving around much but I'm standing, which has to be better than sitting all the time. I might just have to make myself stand instead of sit.😉
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia I am a baker too, and my kids. I actually have 8kg of flour still in my cupboard, plus yeast and bread improver - don't tell the rest of the country! I knew we would use it so it's one thing I did stock up on before lockdown, we've already gone through 6kg I think? The kids make muffins, cakes, cupcakes, cookies, puddings, scones etc, I mainly make bread because I can't eat store bought bread, but the kids make bread too. I used to have to bake everything but I started baking with the kids when they were really little, and they've kind of taken over now!

I'm still "at work" for today - it's only 3.30pm here. Got a really solid 20 mins on the spin bike before work this morning, but think I'll give it a rest after work. Got some nerve pain in my eye that I don't want to escalate. I've also been feeling really cold and shivering today but hubby and kids tell me it's not cold - don't think I have a fever and hope I'm not getting sick!

The battery in my food scale also died and I don't want to be without it, but I also don't want to go out to get for a battery. Of course I have a similar but not quite right battery in the house!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @hope002 - Nice maintain! Do you have a new goal, or are you now in maintenance? I cannot remember.
    My first goal was 83kg - I reached it mid February.
    Now I have a new goal - 75kg. My plan is to lose weight slower, weight lifting to maintain muscles.
    From August to February I lost on average 2.1kg a month. Now I want to lose 1kg/month.

• hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Food: IF 20:4
    Water: 10+glasses
    Exercise: 60 min weights, 25 min walk on treadmill

Steps
    4/5 - 12,386
    4/6 - 5,243
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Everyday has its positives and negatives. I keep trying not to get to overwhelmed but it is impossible!

Call with my Dads dr was good, increasing his antidepressant medication. He’s been crying a lot and he is not a cryer. My mom is not recognizing him and she constantly tells him he is not her husband. They have been married for 55 years. He can’t understand why she says these things. And that is so sad bc he was a brilliant lawyer, graduated top of his class from Harvard Law.

The good today was I tried to get back into a routine and started getting up at my normal time and trying to exercise. Felt great today

Then found out one of my parents caregivers went to the hospital today to see if she has the COVID 19 virus. Regardless of her result I can’t have her back her for 2 weeks bc she was at a hospital .

Positive was getting to have dinner with my husband and 20 year old son
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    User ID: Freeglerock
    Week Number: 2
    Previous weight: 190.8
    Current weight: 192.1

Hi everyone. Ok.  Could be worse. Am dragging myself out of hiding for this weigh in.  I am finding staying motivated to eat healthily and exercise difficult.  I think the good weather isn't helping!  Over the last few days we have had outdoor pizza oven pizza on a couple of occasions and a bbq.  Another bbq planned with our neighbours today (an over the hedge, each in our own respective gardens bbq type party....).  These have been teamed up with chilled fizzy wine.  I seem to start the day with a good attitude, but come late afternoon that disappears. 

Hopefully this weigh in is my wake up call - I do not want to end up back at square one, and less than half a stone to go until I am out of the obese BMI - would love to get there by the end of May.  

I think my first plan of action is to catch up on the posts here, and make sure I read and post everyday.

@sleepymom5 glad Jim is seeing improvements.  Despite not being active on here, you and your family are in my thoughts. xx
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/07 steps 6719
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    Week 2
    PW: 184.2
    CW: 190.4
    +6.2

Well, this isn't good. I'm not too surprised since the last couple of nights I've been eating over. Also, a lot of canned soup this week. I'm going to have to get back on track.

My scale also measures muscle mass and that showed I gained 7.4 pounds of muscle mass this week but I'm not sure how accurate that really is. I'm not doing any strength training since I don't have any weights at home so it probably isn't correct.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Food: not good
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 min walk, PT,strength and stretching

Mary Kate's birthday was good. It was weird celebrating something when Jim is in such critical condition. I am trying to make things as normal as possible for the girls. I know in the beginning they were worried I was going to get sick too. They are also very worried about Jim's condition so I am trying to keep everything positive and as normal as I can. No big change in his condition. He is improving a little each day but it is taking so long. I am ok with it as long as his condition continues to improve.
    I had my lowest weight in a long time Monday morning and now I am back up. I did have a drink last night and I have not been as careful with the treats. I need to reel in my eating. Water, steps and exercise good.

Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts being sent our way! I can't thank you all enough. It means the world to me to have your support!

@annliz23 Welcome to our team! I am looking forward to getting to know you! I love the pics of Alfie. I hope he feels better soon. I love how you have jumped right in with our team. You are an awesome addition to our team. You seem to be doing well working out. Plus you had a nice loss this first week!
    @ProfDawnLee Welcome Dawn! If you are friends with @1theresamcvean then I am sure you are going to fit right in with us! It is a crazy time but I am glad you at least are with us and hopefully we can be a source of support for you. I am glad you are able to still get out for your runs. I like you go in the morning, it sets the tone for the day. Sounds like you have been very productive during this time. I am sure you have to be with all that you do. I am glad you are being safe too. No worries about not commenting, just check in when you can. It is awesome to have you here!
    @srw32 Welcome! Another cute doggie too! We love the pets here! Looks like you are almost into the 180s! Great job this week with all that is going on in the world. Come introduce yourself!
    @Cafelelia I just can't thank you enough for taking care of everything. Hopefully I am back fully soon. You are the best! xoxo. Love all your pictures too!
    @lennoncpa I am loving all the pictures of Sunny! What a cutie! Early on you mentioned about your son drinking in the basement while on Face time. I think that is what they are all doing, virtual happy hours with their friends. I think everyone is trying to find ways to stay connected.
    @tryingagain5 I am happy that you didn't go on the volunteer list for work. I am sure it was a hard financial decision to make but it was for the best. You really seem to have gotten into a good routine during this quarantine. For some reason, you posting your fruits/veg reminds me that I really am not getting enough myself. Be careful with that peanut butter and chocolate chips. Make sure you measure it out and put it all away before you have it. That can be a slippery slope so be careful.
    @ljdanny Happy belated Birthday! What a crappy time to have a birthday but it sounds like you had a nice one. It sounds like you have gotten into a good routine too with exercise during all of this. Those Leslie Sansone tapes rack up a lot of steps. Maybe you can do a quick mile with her for 15 min and then do one of your videos. I will keep your son's girlfriend's grandparents in my prayers. What a scary time.
    @Mrsbell8well I am not surprised you are taking this all in stride and getting things done. I love that you brought Lula Mae to work! I also enjoy all the pics you post. And I still have a hard time believing you are an introvert ;)
    @pacsnc6 Thank you for continuing to check in with us. I would miss you if you didn't. I am happy that you were able to start chemo with all this going on. I still can't believe how abdominal pain ended up being this. I am so glad you got to the doctor and were able to start treatment. I am also happy that the symptoms so far are tolerable. I pray that it continues. Thank you also for the suggestion of caring bridge. I wish I did that. I really was hoping that he would be out sooner and I would be done.
    @nstephenson01. I can't believe you are still getting snow. We really didn't get any. Maybe some flurries that didn't stick here and there. This is a crazy time but you seem like you are making a point to develop healthy habits during this time. It isn't easy but you really have been doing great! I just love where you live! It must be so nice to have all that land to explore and hike through.
    @podperson1 Happy 50th Anniversary to your parents! This will be over at some point and you all can be together and celebrate. Wine and chocolate sound like a good way to celebrate in the mean time. It sounds like you are doing a good job with being in. It isn't easy but you are making a point of keeping up your healthy habits. Keep it going!
    @Freeglerock I am glad you took note of how your healthy habits are slipping and you are taking steps to change it. Even if you are slipping up in the evenings, it is good that you are doing better during the day. Each day just try to do a little better. Maybe try to have a salad with dinner or some kind of veggie so you aren't eating as much of whatever you are having. I actually think that it is good to get into a routine of getting ready for the day as we usually do. I think it is good mentally and also puts a little structure in the day. I am not wearing makeup but I am doing my hair. But you have that big beautiful mane and mine is very thin lol! It is a little easier for me to say.
    @phoebe112476 I am so happy to see you posting. I thought we lost you!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am glad that your job is going to continue without the limited hours. Hopefully this will be over soon. I like how you have been hopping on your bike quick before work to get a little workout in before you are pulled into work each day. I also have to say the pic of your kids working out. Your son is so handsome, if my daughters were younger and we moved to NZ ;) Your daughter also could be my oldest from her planking pose with her hair. My other daughters agreed. Down to the glasses and hair tie on her wrist. Lol!
    @jedaschultz Being quarantined makes it difficult to stick to our healthy routines. I am glad that you are refocusing on your goals. I am also happy you can get outside and do some gardening too.
    @GingerPwr Those weights are nice! I was thinking maybe that would help me with Shannon leaving the hand weights all over but she would probably still do that lol! Looks like you are also getting into a good routine with all you have going on. I am interested how you like Noom. Sounds like you are learning from it already. If there is anything you find interesting please share with us.
    @Fi45 How is it going? This is a hard time and being home makes snacking an issue. Hopefully you can sit down and make a plan now that you know what some of the problem areas are. I did that. I was grazing all day on treats that I normally don't have in the house. I was also not getting my water or exercise in. I think making a plan takes you from being overwhelmed to having a path. Hugs!
    @KUMEcyclingteam You make me laugh every time you post! Lol! I am glad your Mom is recooping nicely and that you are staying safe and healthy :)
    @hope002 Looks like you are still doing great even with what is going on in the world. Nice loss! You are so close to the 170s!
    @Zumba_Luvah You are doing great! Keep it going! You will hit your goals!
    @brown6267 The scale doesn't always reflect what you are doing. Sounds like you are doing well and that you are seeing your progress in other ways. You are doing great! Keep it going!!
    @1theresamcvean I hope you are hanging in there with everything. I was wondering what ever happened to your exchange students? Is the girls still with you? How is your online Simon Says going? I just love that story!
    @kirsten11872 This "new normal" is tough. Hopefully you can carve out a little time for yourself. I know you would feel a little better if you could get even a small workout in and eat a little healthier. Thinking of you, I know it is bad up there. xo I am sorry to hear of your husband's friend too. Very scary times. I will keep him in my prayers.
    @JillyBT How horrible about your parent's night caregiver! How did you find out? It sounds like you have a good plan going forward but it is going to require a lot of time and I am sure money. I am keeping you in my prayers with all that you have going on. Be sure to take time to take care of yourself through all of this. I am glad you are finding positives in your day. I know you are dealing with so much. Hugs!
    @timibotkin I really wish that you didn't have to go into work with all you have been through. I know that you are being as careful as you can on your end. I am keeping you in my prayers. Hopefully you can get into a little exercise routine while you are home, especially since your gym is offering it online.
    @CassieGetsFit2013 You have really turned things around. It is awesome your weight is down so much. Keep it going!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I have been dealing with the online schooling, so just a quick check in today. I know that as a group, we are all over the place with our weigh ins. This is just an unprecedented and challenging time and all we can do is try our best. Some days are going to be better than others, same with the weigh ins. Big hugs to everyone! @sleepymom5 - great to hear from you and good news that Jim is doing bit better day by day. @GingerPwr - I am so glad that your husband is ok.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Oh how scary @gingerpwr!! So thankful your husband is OK. Hugs!
    @sleepymom5 Oh hea Pam is in the house!!! Its so encouraging to hear Jim continues to improve. You are doing great managing everything. Hugs Momma!
    @tryingagain5 Oh Linda... that's a tough gain. Canned soup can contain a lot of sodium. Don't let this uncertain time derail your wellness goals. You know what to do to lose weight.. you didn't lose 50 pounds by accident. Make your health your job during this time. Hugs to you too

Oh heck hugs to everyone Team Weight No More!!

Tuesday Check In
    Food: 14:10 IF Met my mini goals. Got in a better # of servings of fruits & veggies and amount of fiber was very good. Ate on plan until... I set up my camera last night and was waiting for the full moon when my hand found its way into a bag of Peanut M&M's. I may have had the room for the calories but what really made me mad was I had set my IF app and had to change it. Grrrr... So passing the time until my fast finishes trying not to think about food
    Water: Good
    Exercise & Steps: Dog walk, shoveled gravel; 13,340 steps
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    xopo29vbd85t.jpeg

He is always keeping an eye on me😀
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @sleepymom5 I’m so glad to hear that Jim is improving. My thoughts and prayers are always with you and your family. I was thinking how upsetting this whole situation is for us as adults, but so much more for children to process. Especially if they see their parents are scared. It’s wonderful that you can keep some things normal for your girls. You sound like an awesome mom😀
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @JillyBT I love how you have the positives and negatives in your post. That’s a great way to get through this since right now we can’t avoid the negative. So hard to watch what your father is going through. It’s sounds like he truly loves your mom. That’s so sweet yet so sad at the same time.
This discussion has been closed.