WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - It’s ok and your cycle could very well have an impact. I checked back to January and February and you were just about at 216, so you are still down 7. Just keep your eyes on the prize and refocus this week. You have been doing great and you can do it!!

That's good that I am still down 7lbs! I want to try and lose at least 3 more this lonth so I can be down 10lbs! If more, that will be even better! Thank you for the encouragement! 🥰😋😘

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Yes, the plant is lovely! I'm not good with plants so I hope I can keep it alive for a long time. It was very kind of them. My random acts of kindness is happening through social media and phone calls right now.

The peanut butter pie I had was really good. I've never made it myself but I can follow a recipe so I probably could do it.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    That's a beautiful view! And a cute doggie!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    l25paqjdv3c3.png
    MODERATOR'S CHALLENGE

The challenge is simple. Lose 20 lbs as a group this week.

WEIGHT NO MORE have 25 members - so less than one pound each.

Who would like to participate?

Count me in :smile:
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Today's mini-goal was to get at least 10 mins of movement before work, so I hopped on my Spin Bike. It was a grand total of 12 minutes, but it was *something* before the day started. I then wound up sitting on my backside in meetings almost the whole day and barely got 15 mins for lunch, it was just a weird day. Straight into the gym after work however, and got in 45 mins elliptical with 10 mins warm up and 10 mins cool down on the bike.

Yesterday I did a very similar cardio workout, but also thought I'd try my luck at a basic strength workout. I've been super cautious about strength training after all the nerve pain I've dealt with - I miss it so much, I want to maintain my muscle as I lose weight again and force my body to burn fat not lean muscle mass, and tbh, I want my visible muscles back (ahh, vanity). But I am not willing to go through the hell of the pain I have lived through again when I have it mostly under control right now.

But, some basic chest press, squats, resistance band rows, bicep curls, tricep extensions and some very careful planks and I can feel my muscles today but I don't appear to have set off any nerve pain. Pretty happy about that. Now to just stick to very basic a couple of times per week.

Food is all on track, water is good. Stress levels are still pretty high, but pretty sure that's the new normal.

@ljdanny Happy belated birthday!

@lennoncpa We do have fairly tall genes. My husband is 6' 2", his sister is 5' 11". Her son is 6' 5! My son only turned 15 a month ago, we're all wondering what height he's going to get to - his feet are a size 15 US! Nobody in the family has feet that size lol.

@tryingagain5 Some apps will use a lot more power and will heat up your phone more. I don't use Zoom, but that doesn't sound unusual to me that it would cause that. Similar apps like Skype or Teams when on video call have done that to my phone.

@CassieGetsFit2013 Do you track all your fluctuations? There are apps that you can use that plot weight loss over months and show overall progress, precisely because TOM and so many other things can make the scale jump up and down. It's very likely TOM causing a jump now, but I used to find it reassuring to know how my weight would jump around consistently each month. Funnily enough I'm on a hormonal med now for my migraines that means I don't really get my period, and my weight doesn't fluctuate monthly like it used to. I don't get the monthly debilitating migraines either, so no complaints really lol.

@nstephenson01 I love your photo. I totally understand that antsy feeling, I get it all the time right now. I often wind up in my gym when that happens, I hope your walk helped!

@Cafelelia Board games have been out in force here with the lockdown, I've been playing Bananagrams with the kids a bit. Lots of fun, even if they haven't quite worked out yet that they got their good skills with spelling and words from me!

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Love that you made yourself get a little bit of time on the bike in the morning! Sometimes, that's all you need to get yourself in the right frame of mind for the day.

Things are going good with Noom. Yesterday was the first time in a while that I felt really in control of myself and my eating. It's amazing how much difference food choice can make, even if you're in the same calorie budget. I'm already down a little on the scale, but I have a couple more days before weight in here to see if I can maintain the loss.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/05 steps 6078
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx

Thanks for the information on Zoom heating up my phone. I guess it doesn't surprise me too much but it was strange to me since it had never done that with anything else I used and it was so warm. I think I was on it about an hour. I guess I"ll just have to watch and limit my time on it.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Yesterday was a nice day. I was on track with food, water and just did some gentle walking. I let the kids have another laid back day because online school starts today. My husband did more delicious & healthy cooking, including a really nice veggie soup, pulled pork and some spicy tofu for me. We have been binging on Netflix on and off. We finished the English Game, which we loved. We also have been watching the docuseries, Sunderland til I Die, which is excellent. Our family trip to Europe this July is very likely cancelled. But I had promised myself to brush up on Spanish and learn some Portuguese. So as a distraction from the news cycle, I started with Duolingo this weekend. I speak Italian because of my family, and my French is pretty good. So other Latin languages should be not too bad for me. I have taken Spanish classes in the past, so that is going pretty well. But Portuguese is not coming that easily, mainly because of the pronunciation. I also tried a few Japanese modules for fun, and that is really tough.

@tryingain5 - It is hard to be productive at all these days and you are doing really well. I have to dig up that peanut butter pie recipe, and I can post it. It is not hard and I think that I found a way to make it reduced calorie too.

@GingerPwr - That is great that things are going well with Noom! Do they focus on types of food or macros? I have heard so much about them, but don’t know a lot about the approach.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Fantastic work out and nice that you tried out the strength training. Yes unfortunately, higher stress levels are part of the norm right now, so that’s why the exercise is so important now more than ever. Your home gym has me rethinking our set up here (ours is a corner really). When our kids were born, we reduced to just an exercise bike, punching bag and some weights. I think it would be nice to get a few more things when quarantine is over.

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @nstephenson01 Sometimes you gotta indulge. Waffles and bacon sounds amazeballs!

@cafelelia For your Noom question: With food, it breaks things down by caloric density. So, veggies have less density, therefore you can eat way more of them with fewer calories. Almonds, though good for you, are much more dense, so you consume way more calories eating way less - this makes you hungrier later. So it gives you a daily goal to eat as much "green" or less dense food as you can, while controlling your portions of denser food. I discovered pretty quickly just how much "dense" food I was eating, and while I wasn't going over my calorie budget, I really should've had more veggies in my diet. The second thing it does is help you recognize and avoid the triggers that make you over-eat. My biggest pitfall is afternoon and evening snacking, so the app coaches you into how to set up strategies to avoid those things.
  • tryingagain5
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Yes, it is hard to stay productive. I had really good intentions to be productive today but it's not going well. It's already noon here and all I've done is a workout, a load of laundry, had breakfast, made one phone call, and wrote a couple of checks that I have to send out today.

I think my problem is looking at how much I actually need/should be doing and since it seems overwhelming, I'm ignoring it.🤔
    Looking at it won't make it go away. I better do what I did last week and just work on one thing for a little while. Maybe I'll set a timer for 30 or 45 minutes and make myself work on something until it goes off.

If you can find your recipe for peanut butter pie that would be great. If not, that's ok too.

That's nice that your husband is cooking for your family. Have fun with learning the other languages you're studying.
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Spent the day yesterday in the kitchen. Made medicinal mushroom tea, elderberry syrup, GF Vegan chocolate chip brownies for wifey, Chinese "chicken" cashew (sub tofu) over brown jasmine rice and snow pea pods with roasted sesame oil and a splash of unpasteurized soy sauce. I felt like I ate all day. pretty tasty. I brought leftovers to work. I had a grapefruit for breakfast and couldn't stop thinking of my lunch so ate it at 9:30. Oh well lol. Pam glad your back and Jim is doing better.
    I gave the kids vegan cookbooks for Christmas. Since they are in shutdown they decided to continue with cooking. They make a long list and send my daughter to the store. I got a call from Robin asking me what she could sub for fava beans, fennel bulb, and amaretto lol. They made a homemade mole sauce (my favorite Mexican dish) and raspberry tiramisu cupcakes among other goodies. I love it! Skylynn is 10 Hannah 13 and they are off and running!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I didn’t even know they made shoes that big! And he’s still a growing boy!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    Aww! Sunny is so cute and adorable! He's almost looking at you and saying "would you quit talking my picture already" I say don't listen to him .😉Keep taking his picture. It's something to make us all smile.

My sister used to have a photography business and she drove her husband and boys crazy because she was always taking their pictures. She still loves taking pictures even though she closed her business quite a while ago.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Monday 4/6
    Food: over
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes high intensity, 20 minutes medium intensity, 60 minute walk

After I had lunch, I made myself get some work done. I ended up walking by myself today. The neighbor I usually walk with was waiting for her daughter to come over with some things she had gotten at the store for mom. As I was getting back there was a mom and some kids on bikes passing me. It turns out it was my neighbor's daughter and grandkids. All of us stood outside and talked for a while. After I went inside I read for a while. Now I plan on calling some people from church to check up on them.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the Birthday wishes. Today I did my videos and went on an extra long walk, when i got home i sat outside. It's a beautiful day. That was all i accomplished today. I was going to rake the yard but I sat there staring at it instead, I figured it will still be there tomorrow. I did better with my eating today.

My sons girlfriend got a call that her grandfather is in the hospital, he has the coronavirus and her grandmother is isolated with him. They are worried because they both do not function on 100 percent of their hearts. He caught it from a friend while they were camping.
This discussion has been closed.