WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    I'm glad that Jim is doing better and will hopefully get off the ventilator soon.

I think everyone is doing things we wouldn't normally do with regards to eating and snacking, including me. We just have to do the best we can.

Yes, my pastor was who brought the plant. He is doing the best he can with everyone's spiritual needs while doing it by phone, text or Facebook. Thank you, I do have a pretty great church.

You're right, talking on the phone, text or other forms of technology is really the only way we can communicate with each other right now.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @hope002
    You're probably right. I didn't check the sodium on the soup I had but they were lower in calories. I'll have to drink a lot of water to flush it out.😁

Even though it's snowing where you are, glad the sun is shining , that always helps. Where do you live?

The last few days in West Michigan have been warm enough for shorts and t-shirts, around 60 degrees. Today's high is only going to be mid 40's.

I'm in Alberta Canada
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia
    Hopefully you and your kids can figure out the online classes.

Yes, I'm going to try upping my water intake to see if that helps. You're right we're all feeling the same way. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm going to have to focus on those things that help me. Gaining weight because of this isn't going to help me at all.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    I just watched our governor on TV. She extended the stay at home order until April 30th but the way it was worded it may extend beyond that. She tightened some things, big box stores may only sell certain things now and will have to block off nonessential items. She didn't say we couldn't still order food for take out and delivery so I think that's still ok. She said no gatherings of any size can happen. We are still allowed to go outside and walk as long as we continue to social distance.

I assume I will get a message from my boss about work. I don't know what they plan on doing now. I honestly don't want to spend another 3 weeks at home by myself. I may volunteer to go back to work but will wait to make a decision until I hear either from my boss or get the weekly email.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @hope002

I've never been to Alberta. The only place I've been in Canada was Niagara Falls and that was with my family when I was a kid. Honestly haven't traveled very much. Usually ok with being home but now that it's an order it seems so much different. Kind of like when you tell a kid he can't do something, that's all he wants to do.

The sun is shining in West Michigan right now but it's cold outside. It was sleeting a couple of hours ago. Michigan weather can be unusual.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 - I am getting you excused from the weigh in this week, so you don’t get an NWI on the spreadsheet. It is crazy how simple things like batteries have become more challenging to buy during a time like this. Fall off the wagon weeks are kind of the norm right now!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 4/9
    Food: good
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise: kickboxing interval training video on fitness on demand, 20 minutes low to medium intensity exercise, 30 minute walk with my neighbor

Another pretty lazy day, spent watching TV, reading and playing on my phone.

My neighbor and I walked at a different time today. It was sleeting/snowing at our normal walk time. It was sunny and had stopped when we decided to go, then 5 minutes later it was sleeting again. We just walked around our complex a couple of times.

My pastor did a livestream service for Maundy Thursday. It's really strange watching it on my phone and not being together with everyone. I don't think I"ll ever get used to that.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw: 171
    Cw: 168.8 💃

Congratulations! Great loss. :blush:
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food IF 20:4
    Water 10+ cups
    Exercise: 60 min treadmill running intervals
    Steps 11,143
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @hope002

Wow! That is beautiful!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @hope002 holy cow that's gorgeous!

Yesterday was a good day food wise, not so much on steps the last 2 days but I'm ready to do some exercising today.

NOOM is still going really well. Almost done with the 2 week trial and I'm trying to decide if I want to continue or if I'm on my way to my goal without it. It's helped me lose 5lbs so far when I hadn't been able to move the scale at all for almost a year. Looking forward to Wednesday's weigh in!

Still love it here, though. Here we have a community.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/09 steps 3140
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW 150.0
    CW 150.3

I am just frustrated with my stall this morning. I feel like I have been all over the place since this quarantine began. I have been working hard to maintain some normalcy for the family, but it comes at a cost to me. That’s not a new pattern though for me. We have the nest 4 days “off” for the Easter break. I am going to take some time to focus on me, my planning and what changes I want to make going forward.

@sleepymom5 - That is awesome news! It must have been so wonderful to speak to Jim, even if he was exhausted. What an amazing Easter present! I know he still has the rehab to do and I will keep praying for him.

@pacsnc6 - That is terrible that you tripped. Hope that you are feeling better today and that you feel good overall.

@mrsbell8well - Sorry that you are having long days. Those blossoms are just beautiful! We are a few weeks behind here in terms of our growing season, so it is nice to see some blossoms!

@lennoncpa - Ok I want to adopt Sunny or any dog that looks like Sunny. Forget about my allergies, you broke me!

@tryingagain5 - We watched our Holy Thursday mass on Facebook live. I know it is odd to watch our services online, but it is better than nothing. I find it happy and sad at the same time. Our priest is on his own & he is not technologically inclined but he is doing his best. We will watch the 3 pm mass today for Good Friday as well and of course, Easter Sunday.

@hope002 - Great day yesterday! There are a lot of beautiful places across our country, but Banff is the most beautiful in my opinion. I look forward to being able to travel again beyond my postal code!

@GingerPwr - I am so happy that Noom is working for you! I totally get the feeling stuck thing, especially today!
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fi45
    PW - 203.6
    CW - 204.3

I am really struggling to focus on healthy eating. I am still working (which is probably a good job!) but my afternoon/evening snacking is not good. All the FB posts about coming out of lockdown 28lbs heavier, could be me at this rate 😫.

Stay safe everybody xx
This discussion has been closed.