WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    Week 3
    I aim to get more workouts in this week, so far a busy day, gardening, cleaning windows , 1 3 mile walk and cleaned the house from top to bottom,!
    Hope your all having a lovely Monday and staying safe!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @tryingagain5 what a thoughtful take home meal your friend put together for everyone. And that pie looks delish. I don't think I could trust myself around it. I just discovered white chocolate Reese peanut butter cups and they are quickly becoming my new obsession.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I hope you get some relief soon. I suppose knowing how to manage it is key at least
    @mrsbell8well your brunch and tablescape look lovely
    @sleepymom5 So wonderful that Jim's continuing to improve and is able to handle the phone by himself so soon. His recovery is such a blessing
    @Cafelelia I hope you feel better today. and very sorry to hear that about @1theresamcvean. She has certainly had more than her share of hardship of late.

Sunday
    Food: Not good... didn't IF, didn't log. Cooked a breakfast that was greasy, salty and fatty. At 9 degrees it seemed like a good idea to add a nip of Bailey's to my morning coffee. Rest of the day was better and my husband made chili for dinner that was spicy and had an assortment of beans. Not our typical Easter fare but its not a typical Easter. Also I didn't snack on any sweets. I need a sign on my husband's candy stash that says "Not for you today" LOL
    Water: 80 oz
    Exercise & steps: dog walk; 11,130 steps

Spent a little time yesterday drawing up a rough plan. My focus this week will be on fruits/veggies & fiber, 80 oz water, and no sweets (except a square or two of dark chocolate, on occasion)

Happy Monday all!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    dy2ccpyx2bce.jpeg
    I just read in the news that instead of toilet paper, hair dye and other personal grooming products are now flying off of the shelves. Here is a new F2F group challenge. We want to see it all from you, the success stories, the greying roots, the crazy beards, the long bangs, the tussled hair. Post photos of your grooming successes, challenges or fails relating to you, your family or your pets. Maybe you have discovered your inner hairdresser or pet groomer? Maybe you went a little to crazy with the scissors? Maybe your roots are in high contrast right now? Show us what is going on!

You can post photos and commentary at the thread link here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10792163/the-good-the-bad-the-really-not-good-grooming-photo-challenge#latest

Have fun and we will keep this challenge going as long as you like!

We have already seen some amazing photos here on our team thread!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Monday 4/13
    Food: I haven't had supper yet but have only eaten 600 calories so far today so I think I'll be fine there
    Water: 16 oz so far, guessing it will be about 32 or 40 oz total
    Exercise: 10 minutes low intensity, 30 minute walk around condo complex

I'm going back to work tonight so I tried sleeping this afternoon. I didn't sleep well so I may have to nap again before work.

It was really windy and cold here today so we just walked around the condo complex.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @nstephenson01
    It sure was a nice gesture. That's the way she is all the time. She always takes in "strays" at holidays or any other time. You're have no place to go for the holiday, now you do, come over at 1pm.

Everything was wonderful. I should probably have saved the pie for another day but couldn't control myself. If I had been with my family I would most likely have eaten more than I normally would too. I love Reese peanut butter cups, can't have them in the house, I'd eat the whole package. I haven't had the white chocolate ones. I'll have to try them sometime but will have to buy an individual one.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/13 steps 3774
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Started painting the young one's room yesterday. Hopefully finishing today. Nibbled too much instead of planning meals.

So today I have a plan. Gonna start with fruit and yogurt then go for a short run. Then we're painting the rest of the day.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @sleepymom5 seems like you have a good plan, now just to make it work! Good to hear that Jim is steadily improving, hope he can come home soon
    I go in for round 2 chemo on Friday - hoping it goes as well as the first - I am ready!
    @1theresamcvean sorry to hear your got the virus, hope you get the right treatments soon and recover quickly
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hope that everyone is having a good day so far! I have recovered from my migraine, but still feel a bit tired. I was able to do as plan yesterday and stick to it. I need to get my water and exercise back on track this week. I am starting with water today and will start up my walking program tomorrow. School is back in session today online and the assignments are rolling in. The online learning is really largely self-study. I still have to do a fair bit of child wrangling and supplemental teaching to get the assignments done, but at least the kids are learning and busy. Once I get things going a bit more smoothly with the schooling, I can turn my mind to my part-time legal practice again. A lot of legal processes have been moved hastily into the virtual world and our professional body had to make a bunch of rule changes to let it happen. I need to figure out some of my technical requirements and the privacy aspects for the investigations work that I do. My husband does a lot of hearings and negotiations. When the quarantine first happened, he just deferred a lot of things, but as this goes on, he started to resume a lot of that work virtually, which has been a bit of a challenge.

@pacsnc6 - Good luck with round 2 and keep us posted when you can!

@GingerPwr - Getting some things done like painting is a nice way to stay occupied during all of this.

@tryingagain5 - I hope that your first shift back at work went well.

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - It is amazing that you can still do a workout with that nerve issue. I hope it resolves soon.

@nstephenson01 - Hope that the plan is going well today. Baileys in coffee is so good! I limit it to Christmas, otherwise I would consume way too much!

@lennoncpa - Thank you for being such a great team member! You are doing great! We all have our deep, dark eating secrets, trust me. Doritos ruled me for a long time!

@annliz23 - Fantastic plan for the week!

@podperson1 - Great loss! You will see the 180s very soon!

• tryingagain5
    Options
    Tuesday 4/14
    Food: on track
    Water: 64 oz
    Exercise: 30 minutes low intensity, 60 minute walk with neighbor/friend

I worked last night for the first time in 3 weeks. It was strange being back. So much has changed. They gave us a mask to wear and we will get a new one each night. Gloves used to be optional, now they're required. Tape on the production and breakroom floors so we know how far apart to stay. They gave everyone a stylus pen to use on the computers and testers that are touch screen.

Only one chair at each table in the breakroom. We have to clean it after break and wash our hands before going back to work so they're giving us an extra 5 minutes at each break.

Each shift leaves 30 minutes earlier than normal so the one shift can be out of the building before the next shift comes in.

Everyone is doing pretty well with staying away from each other but it's sad because it's almost like we're afraid of each other.😥

I didn't sleep well today but I'm sure that's because it's the first time switching my sleep schedule from night back to days. I'm going to take a nap before work. I'm assuming we're still working tonight. They told us to plan on going in unless we get a text from our boss telling us not too.
  • ProfDawnLee
    ProfDawnLee Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think I posted a discussion board thread instead of a reply for weigh in day. How mortifying . Hope it doesn’t get posted outside this for all to see. Anyway here is goes a gain.

Profdawnlee
    Starting weight 142
    Second week 142
    Third week 141.2
    Weigh in day Wednesday

Hope everyone is safe and healthy! I’ll check back in later. Xoxoxo
    -Dawn
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/14 steps 5350
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 That's awesome news. I know you are happy Jim will be home. It will take some adjustment to the changes though I know you are up to the challenge.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Sooooo glad Jim is coming home!

Weigh in
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 143
    CW 141

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    All veg seeds planted hopefully will be harvesting curly kale this week. So far exercised every night Monday did weights and yesterday crunches, tonight plan full cardio it time allows.
    @Sleepymom5 - Glad Jim is coming home.
    @Mrsbell8well -Lovely foods, sometimes it's slow progress but you will get there in the end.
    @GingerPwr - Grest lose well done
    @ProfDawnLee - super lose week 3
    @brown6267 - Well done getting those steps in
    @tryingagain5 - Good luck at work and stay safe
This discussion has been closed.