WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - April 2020

Options

Replies

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@1theresamcvean - sending good vibes and hope you're feeling better soon x

@lennoncpa - I had to laugh at 'midnight trips to the gas station', dear God, have been there :D As always, loving the Sunny pics

@pacsnc6 - hope the chemo goes ok x

@tryingagain5 - sounds like work is pretty different but at least they seem to be making the effort to keep you all safe

@Mrsbell8well - it sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now, so try not to be so hard on yourself, a few pounds during stressful times isn't the end of the world - I hope things have quieted down a little for you

@Cafelelia - sounds like you are back on track the past few days :) have fun braving the snow lol

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - he's just adorable, I agree we may need to balance out the puppers a bit, shall try and add some of mine later :)

@sleepymom5 - I was totally welling up watching that video, so glad you have him coming home. Also how lovely to see the reaction of the staff, can tell they really care and am sure he was very well looked after (tho no doubt happy to be home!)

Have been doing ok, calories mostly on track. Had a bit of a biscuit blip the other night, which reminds me why I shouldn't have them in the house (they weren't even mine, have had to go buy the flatmate more and tell him to keep them in his own room lol!). I have been trying to cook more rather than just grabbing lazy food, made a huge pan of veggie spicy noodles last night so have plenty of leftovers at least.

Sleep pattern is still a bit all over the place, didn't sleep well last night so was 'at work' at 5.30am. Thought I might as well do something useful and suppose it got some stuff out of the way. The government is finally putting their 'coronavirus employee retention' system online next week, so need to sort out all the claims for the company so we can try and get some money back for the wages paid since we've been closed. How long it will take to come through though is anyones guess :s

Exercise has been a bit rubbish, have been attempting a 30 days yoga program but I will admit I'm pretty terrible at it :D I don't know what it is with yoga, I can do pilates okay but I just don't seem to bend right for yoga! Ah well, perhaps if I stick with it I may improve. The cats are very nosey about it though, keep winding round and under me, which is not helping the concentration (but is very cute so I can't really mind).
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 it’s good I can laugh about those “midnight trips to the gas station” now. Glad to hear I’m not the only one! I had such guilt about those trips. Throw on my jacket over my pj’s and drive on over. I tried to spread it around town so I wouldn’t be seen at the same store too many nights. That’s assuming the employees were even paying attention to my shopping habits. Maybe I thought I was more important than I really was. It’s not like we knew each other by the first name or anything like that!! Nowadays I could wear a mask so I’m glad I’m not into making those trips! Lol
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa
    That is so adorable! Sunny even looks like he knows he's in trouble but is also saying ""hey, I'm cute and adorable, doesn't that get me out of time out"
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 4/16
    Food: didn't track
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes low intensity, 60 minute walk with friend

I had to scrape ice and snow off my car after work this morning. Only 3 people are working tonight. I'm not one of them. They went by whoever was next on our OT list. My boss said he'd call or text us to let us know what's happening next week.

I didn't have much motivation to do anything today. After I slept I did a quick low intensity workout and then walked with my friend. It was sunny today but really cold and windy but we still went for our hour long walk.

I was debating about going to the grocery store but decided that since I still have food in the house I can wait for a while yet. (I picked up some food for supper and also ordered a quart of soup and some dinner rolls to eat next week.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Glad you guys liked Bazinga, he certainly has a cool personality. I got a photo of him today passed out looking comatose from my daughter feeding him too many treats. There were still treats sprinkled around him. So I did what anyone would do - I piled the treats right on top of him and he didn't even move lol.

I don't know what's up with me, I haven't been feeling great at all in the past few weeks. Just nerve pain, some migraine symptoms on and off, and a lot of dizziness as well. It's not completely unusual, I've had all these issues before, but I don't usually get them for so long at a time now. I started getting a proper migraine this morning so I took my med for that and went back to sleep for a few hours. It mostly went away but I've been dizzy for a few days straight and I'm still getting nerve pain. I managed to get a full day of work in, but it's almost 6pm and I don't even have 600 steps for the day, nor do I think I'm going to manage many more.

I'm calling today as a maintenance day and eating more, I think my body might need a bit more nutrition to stop feeling so dreadful.

@podperson1 Your cats are awesome, love the almost bat-symbol on Dresden's nose! My cats are nosy around Yoga too - Drax (my black cat) tried to climb on my head the other day. And every time I stretched my arms out, I seemed to hit him! I found with yoga that it really is the more I do it the easier it is, and if I don't get something at first I just give it my best go. I don't always bend the right way either lol.

@lennoncpa You are certainly not the only one with "midnight" trip habits. Years ago for me it was it was the drive-thru at 11pm, but I have so many many many years of hiding food and secret eating, making excuses for how much I was buying, always going to different shops so I didn't get questioned etc. These days I know that if I start feeling like I need to hide what I'm eating, it's a sign of my ED thinking taking over, but it's apparently something that many people do! Also, that baby Sunny pic - adorable!

@1theresamcvean I'm thinking of you, hope you're doing okay and kicking some virus butt!

@sleepymom5 Yay for Jim coming home, and love the video :smile:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/16 steps 8303
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Username: lennoncpa
    Weigh in Week: week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 135.0
    Today's weight: 134.2
    Weekly Steps: 52,613
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    So glad that Jim is back home.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @1theresamcvean
    So sorry to hear about you. Prayers for healing for you.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @pacsnc6
    I hope your chemo treatment went well on Friday.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    Sorry you have to work such long days. That has to be tiring. Eating is important to stay healthy, which is extra important right now, as we all know. I do understand eating well can be difficult. I so easily fall into old eating habits and not having the motivation to push myself to do a hard
    workout, especially with regular routines not happening right now. Also, your body is still recovering from the surgery you recently had.

I know you really like to see that particular number on the scale but if you feel good and are healthy does the number really matter? No judgment, just trying to understand. I once asked my doctor what he thought I should weigh but he wouldn't give me an answer. He told me he didn't care about the actual number, he just wanted me to be healthy and feel good. He won't give his patients a number because he doesn't want anyone fixating on it and possibly doing unhealthy things to get to that particular number. I'm a long way from a healthy weight for my height. I'm short, just under 5'2". I don't have an actual number that I want to see on the scale. I have a rough weight goal range, which may change as I get closer to it.

I know we're all trying to do our best with everything going on in the world and our own individual lives.

Hugs to you and your family.
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fi45

PW - 204.3
    CW - 204.7

Yet another gain! Another 3 week lockdown here. I’m still working but stress eating when I’m home. No excuses, just really struggling and no inclination to do about it 😞.

I hope you are all well and staying safe xx

• srw32
    srw32 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon everbody! Here is my weekly weigh in

Username: srw32
    Weigh-In day: Friday
    Week: 3
    Previous weight 188.8
    Current weight: 188.3
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    0z9mybbjut1o.jpg
    Molly and Lucy
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 150.3
    CW - 151.2

Sorry everyone, I had a busy day with school for the kids and am only just checking in now. Not surprised by this gain as I have not been moving much & not planning everyday. I am starting fresh for the next week, quarantine or not! It seems like all of the school assignments are due on Friday, which makes for a crazy day. I am just having one of those days where I am impatient for this lock down to be over!
This discussion has been closed.