Prof dawn lee
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 4/22
    Food: over
    Water: 40 oz
    Exercise: 20 minute medium intensity workout, 60 minute walk

I slept pretty well today after work but got up early on purpose. I got in a quick workout before I listened to my church's FB live midweek check in, then my friend and I went for a walk.

I picked up dinner for tonight and also got a quart of soup and dinner rolls for the next few days.

I got a text from work today that said they are still giving us our profit sharing bonus this quarter. The percentage was a lot smaller than usual but since I wasn't expecting anything it was a really nice surprise. They did say not to expect anything next quarter and that there will be other changes. They are still asking for hourly team members to take voluntary layoff and for salaried team members to take early retirement and probably make other cuts. It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

They did have enough work for us to work tonight but probably not tomorrow.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the late check in. The kids had a busy day at school and I had to help with projects, even though isolating. My older son noticed the grey flecks at my roots and was shocked. His reaction was hilarious. He was urging me to buy colour off of Amazon immediately so that I am not “old”. I assured him that I will reverse my aging when quarantine is over (I do not trust myself to do a good home dye job). No results yet from my test, so I keep waiting & isolating.

@tryingagain5 - That is nice news that you got that quarterly bonus. I hope that everything goes ok at work and that the company can keep going.

@ProfDawnLee - I am sorry about your friend and the tough time that you are going through. A lot of us eat our feelings at times like these. We go into a new week now, so try to take care of yourself as best you can and refocus as much as you can. Sending a virtual hug.

@annliz23 - You can post your weigh in any time on your weigh in day. We have your weigh in day as Sunday, is that not right?

@mrsbell8well - Sorry that you are working so much. That is so nice that your daughter is your accountability buddy!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Weigh in
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 141?
    CW 140

Glad the scale was kind. I've been really run down the last few days. Trying to get my energy back up and will catch up with everyone tomorrow.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Week 3
    Pw 189.8
    Cw 189.8
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    04/22 steps 9516
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry for the late check in. The kids had a busy day at school and I had to help with projects, even though isolating. My older son noticed the grey flecks at my roots and was shocked. His reaction was hilarious. He was urging me to buy colour off of Amazon immediately so that I am not “old”. I assured him that I will reverse my aging when quarantine is over (I do not trust myself to do a good home dye job). No results yet from my test, so I keep waiting & isolating.

@tryingagain5 - That is nice news that you got that quarterly bonus. I hope that everything goes ok at work and that the company can keep going.

@ProfDawnLee - I am sorry about your friend and the tough time that you are going through. A lot of us eat our feelings at times like these. We go into a new week now, so try to take care of yourself as best you can and refocus as much as you can. Sending a virtual hug.

@annliz23 - You can post your weigh in any time on your weigh in day. We have your weigh in day as Sunday, is that not right?

@mrsbell8well - Sorry that you are working so much. That is so nice that your daughter is your accountability buddy!

Yes that's right just wondered as I was down as late but posted on Sunday?
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 - I looked back at the posts and saw your weight posted. I am so sorry! Sunday was the day that I was at the hospital getting all of those tests, and I was quite out of it when I came home that evening. Sorry I missed that and it is now recorded!
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Nstephenson01
    Thursday
    Week 4
    Pw: 170.6
    Cw: 170.4
  • annliz23
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    @annliz23 - I looked back at the posts and saw your weight posted. I am so sorry! Sunday was the day that I was at the hospital getting all of those tests, and I was quite out of it when I came home that evening. Sorry I missed that and it is now recorded!

It's ok I just was worried there was a cut off time but it's fine. Hope your results are ok.
  • annliz23
    Options
    Got a walk in today but twisted my back so extremely painful so no exercise routines as just sitting is hurting but maybe that will stop me getting up for food so being positive. Hopefully everyone else is doing well.
  • nstephenson01
    nstephenson01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My main goal this week was to simply stop the "quarantine creep" so I'll take this small loss. Putting my efforts towards eating healthier and getting enough sleep as it seems to help my attitude and outlook. Keeping from snacking remains a challenge. Its raining today but otherwise our weather has been pretty nice so I've been able to work in the yard. Made a trip to the local nursery to get ideas for my garden and picked up a couple of veggie plants but its too early to start planting yet. They're hanging out in the greenhouse keeping warm. I can't wait to start gardening!!

@annliz23 oh ouch... hope you feel better soon. I slipped on some ice the other day and in an effort to not fall tweaked my back. I've been nursing it the past few days. My neighbor who has the 5 poodles just got another puppy who is so cute. She's a beautiful liver brown color. Now I have a bad case of puppy fever.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @Cafelelia

At least your son is finding some humor in the midst of everything. I hope you get your results soon.

It sure was nice. Everyone was pleasantly surprised to get the bonus. It should show up in our bank account tomorrow. (we get paid on Friday)

The company I work for has about 5,000 employees so I think the company itself will be ok, just not all the individuals that work there based on the wording of the email. They still have orders coming in just not as many as normal because so many places are shut down. I'm grateful to even still have a job and will take it day by day for anything else that may happen.

The email also talked about other things that the company did to help out. They donated several ovens to a local hospital so they can sanitize their PPE and apparently have been making hand sanitizer. There was a couple other things too but now I can't remember what they were.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Checking in, I am definitely not feeling well. Latest theory is that my iron is low, it would explain all the symptoms I am getting. I was low in iron for years when I was vegetarian and I stopped eating most meat again about 6 months ago, but I was hopeful that the amount of vegetables and legumes etc that I eat would keep my iron okay. I don't think we're doing blood tests under this level of lockdown but I will contact my doctor for his opinion.

@Cafelelia happy to hear your test result was negative, I do hope you feel better soon.

@tryingagain5 Nice to get your bonus, and I think many people are grateful to have a job right now. My company has about 300 employees but reduction in force will effect about 50 for now. It's being global that hurts with manufacturing and customers overseas, plus shipping being a major factor and everywhere and everything shut down and out of our control.

• tryingagain5
    Options
    Thursday 4/23
    Food: good
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 60 minute walk

I don't work tonight. There's not enough work for us to do. 1st shift had a few people work. 2nd didn't work today either.

The plan is for us to go back on Sunday and then go from there.

I slept a few hours after work and then went to the grocery store that's near my house. I had to get something from the pharmacy there and picked up some groceries. It was interesting with some people in masks and others not and some with masks and gloves. They had arrows on the floor for one way traffic down the aisles. It's been over a month since I've been to the store. I still have items in my pantry and freezer but really wanted some other things to eat.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,216 Member
    Options
    Hello WeightNoMore!

It is time to start to build up our teams a bit in preparation for the May challenge. F2F needs new members! Your team is in pretty good shape, but we hope you can help recruit some new challengers for both yours and some of the other teams as well. Spread the word on message boards, among your non-MFP friends, and wherever you can.

The May registration is at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10793488/f2f-may-2020-registration/p1?new=1

It is also good to suggest that people look around our general site and the teams.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

If they have a team preference, they should say so on the registration thread.

Thanks for you help! You all are amazing :heart:
  • tryingagain5
    edited April 2020
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx

I hope you will feel better soon.

I am extremely grateful for getting the bonus and for still having a job. I know quite a few people who are either laid off or underemployed.

My company is global too. Yes, so much out of our control. Before all of this happened we were really busy and the least amount of hours I got was 42. Now it's a day by day thing.
This discussion has been closed.