No-Nonsense November 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,966 Member
    Options
    11/24:
    on-plan and logged: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Warmer outside. Supposed to do strength but it was to nice and rain is on the docket for today so I switched days around, so I hoofed it outside.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    11/24
    Goals met. ✅
    20,004 steps. Whew!
    Working on "steppin it up" Thanksgiving week!

I sat down this morning to work on my Dec goals and my 2021 goals. I'm excited! At then end of Sept (at 205lbs), I set my first "mini" goal: to be down to 175lbs by Christmas Day! At the time I thought "surely I can lose 30 lbs in 3 months). Well, I'm only 9 lbs away from that goal!!!!! Did I say I'm excited? Lol. :smiley:

@elize7 reading about your "freebies" made me think what would I do in that situation! I think that I would throw them away if they weren't on my eating plan - especially if I didn't pay for them! Because they ain't FREE if they are "costing" you getting to your goal!
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    11/25
    1. Food as planned.
    2. Rest day from running but managed 7 miles at work.

Tomorrow is the day for the half marathon. I expect I’ll be heading out at 4 am or so as pretty nervous and just want to (hopefully!) get it done! My youngest daughter will be running a 10K, but I expect I’ll be long done by the time she rolls out of bed! Teenagers!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,077 Member
    Options
    11/25 ... I have been gaining gaining gaining (now I know why ) When I went from Keto to Low Carb I forgot to change my macros .... So I upped my carbs to 25%...Lowered my fat to 40% and upped my protein to 35%....My labs came back good ... My bone density came back good (not sure why I keep having fractures in my feet ) ..Food was okay yesterday and we went for a short walk ... 2.78 miles ... planning on going longer today

Happy Thanksgiving to All who celebrate it on this day :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    11/25 (yesterday)

Goals met. ✅
    20,267 steps. Whew!
    Steppin it up" for Thanksgiving week!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Two great step days.
    Two whackadoodle food days.
    One holiday down, one to go.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    I'm still here, meandering along. Food good, though I need to rein in the cals a bit if I'm going to remain less active (which seems likely, at least for now). Gentle walks on days I feel it's not pushing it.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    11/26
    Goals not met, ❌ but I knew that would be the case for Thanksgiving. I'm not gonna sweat one day. My weight problem is not caused from overeating on holidays..... it's caused by overeating every OTHER day of the year! Lol.

23,719 steps. Whew!
    I'm Steppin it up" during Thanksgiving week! I was over on both my calories and my carbs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    11/27 food on point and we walked 5.11 miles :)
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    11/27
    1. Food back to usual after the Thanksgiving blip.
    2. Ran 3 miles and walked 6 miles doing Black Friday window shopping.
  • baconslave
    Options
    Soooooooooooooo. December.
    Do we do Determined December or have a Santa Sprint?
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hey there everyone! Sounds like there’s been a lot of success across the board. I, on the other hand, fell of the wagon on my week off over the holiday. I stopped logging and ate carbs carbs carbs. To the point that I’m sick of them (oh and my body hurts as a result). Going back to mainly carnivore to get back on track. The saving grace is that I’ve diligently kept up my strength and cardio regimen. Maybe this just contributed to a bulk and now I can cut? Hahah one could hope. Here’s looking to better days ahead.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    @baconslave What is a santa sprint?
    Either would be good.

As for me...the past two days will be written off. Its a good thing every day is a clean slate. Food on track for today...knock on wood.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    @baconslave Yes, what is a Santa Sprint?

11/27
    Goals met. ✅
    18,675 steps. I've been "steppin it up" during Thanksgiving week!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    11/28 Food on point .... Walked 7.32 miles today ....I vote for Determined December (because I am determined to lose these 10.5 lbs I gained in the last 2 weeks UGHHH ) :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    Santa Sprint is nothing fancier than a monthly challenge with a fun Christmas name and theme. I'll probably post Xmasy emojis and pics and junk. It's just a challenge to go hard on your goals until Christmas, and the last week of the year to work off those Christmas Day indulgences. It's just another way to frame Determined December, but more holidayish. Just depends on if you all "need a little Christmas, right this very minute," or you're feeling more Rocky-training for the big fight.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    11/28
    Goals met. ✅
    23,199 steps.

Yesterday I walked 6.6 miles outside, but my foot hurt most of that walk, so I may have to back off a little on the steppin! Lol. I don't want to injure this foot. It feels like plantar fasciitis pain (I've had it in both feet, although not at the same time!). I just push myself too fast (pace) and too far, and have a hard time backing off. Ugh. It still hurts this morning, so I'm trying to baby it a little. Today is going to be the last "nice" day that we have before snow-mageddon comes through Ohio. Maybe I'll just do one last "short" walk outside.

My personal step goal for Thanksgiving week was to do at least 15k per day. I'm pleased to say that I got over 133k steps last week (Sun-Sat). 💛💚💓💜