No-Nonsense November 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• gispi918
    gispi918 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hope I am not too late to join in. I just started in late October to change my lifestyle with Keto, and getting more active. My November goal mirrors my regular goal but would like to find others who can help keep me accountable and motivated.

My November Plans.

Food:
    • Research foods that fit my keto goals, to share with my family during the holiday
    • Keeping my macros at net carbs 20g / fat 133g / protein 80g, and calories under 1600.
    • Finding ways to enjoy avocados (which repulse me)

Exercise:
    • Walk every lunch hour, about 45 mins
    • Walk on the weekends, at least 5 miles
    • Start implementing core workouts, and squats

Lifestyle:
    • Weekly weigh in on Wednesday morning
    • Blog about it on a personal blog
    • Take photos every week
    • Look for support system on MFP and FitBit community for motivation and challenges.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1. A bit of stress eating almonds today. Passed the bag on to my husband so won’t be tempted to finish it.
    2. Rest day from running but still walked 8 miles at work.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    gispi918 wrote: »
    I hope I am not too late to join in. I just started in late October to change my lifestyle with Keto, and getting more active. My November goal mirrors my regular goal but would like to find others who can help keep me accountable and motivated.

My November Plans.

Food:
    • Research foods that fit my keto goals, to share with my family during the holiday
    • Keeping my macros at net carbs 20g / fat 133g / protein 80g, and calories under 1600.

Exercise:

Lifestyle:
    • Take photos every week
    • Look for support system on MFP and FitBit community for motivation and challenges.

This may not work for you due to the carbs in cottage cheese, but I mix avocado with cottage cheese, garlic, dash of hot sauce, and salt, then eat it with celery sticks. It's my standard lunch. All up, with the quantities I have, it's 9g net carbs. I'm usually up around 40-45g net for the day though, so easy for me to fit in.

Alternatively, maybe we can help you find something you do like instead of avocado? What is it in particular about av that has you forcing yourself to try to eat it?
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Trucking along nicely, though protein lower than I'd like (but still above my minimum cutoff of 100g). Micros a mess, but I also made no effort to correct that. Efforts to get this vege garden up and running look like they may be thwarted for another week. Or possibly longer if my cat spends all my money on having her teeth done tomorrow.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Trucking along nicely, though protein lower than I'd like (but still above my minimum cutoff of 100g). Micros a mess, but I also made no effort to correct that. Efforts to get this vege garden up and running look like they may be thwarted for another week. Or possibly longer if my cat spends all my money on having her teeth done tomorrow.

Poor Kitteh. I hope she does alright. And I hope she doesn't traumatize you in the process.
  • baconslave
    Options
    gispi918 wrote: »

My November Plans.

Food:

Exercise:

Lifestyle:
    • Take photos every week

Always welcome any time! :smiley:
    Support is huge. We're here for you!

Regarding avocados...they aren't necessary. But I've found them delicious on toast when not keto, in guac, and a chocolate avocado "pudding" made with cocoa, sour cream, 0 carb sweetener, and of course the avocado. Otherwise, they aren't really my fave, and I rarely eat them anymore as they are a Goldilock food. They are only good if they are just right. Otherwise they either taste too green or are brownish and ick. Oh. And avocado fries are "ok" but they are a pain in the butt to make, and need a dip. I don't have time fo' that, but if you do it's something to try.
  • baconslave
    Options
    10/5:
    No Nonsense! :innocent:
    on plan and logged: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: A good yard hike. About 1.5hours...ish. I just walk until I get my 10k steps on the NagBit. So it's about 8.5k steps worth of a walk as I'm pretty sedentary otherwise keeping kids doing their schoolwork.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Poor Kitteh. I hope she does alright. And I hope she doesn't traumatize you in the process.

Just a scale and polish hopefully, and even if she does need an extraction, it should come in at less than what I budgeted for. Huzzah!!

I have pretty much perfected avocado ripeness - I always buy them rock hard green and let them ripen in the bowl. As soon as they are perfect, in the fridge they go!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    The good news is that I walked a mile and a half yesterday.

Mostly my attention has been on societal stressors for the first few days of this month and I honestly feel wasted.

Tonight, I will change my electronic scale batteries and try to figure out how to reset it. Wouldn't it be great to have an old fashioned, Dr.'s scale?? So simple!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,050 Member
    Options
    11/4 goals met and did 2 aerobic DVD's for a total of 90 minutes
    11/5 goals met and went for our walk at 6am ..walked 5.86 miles ..wanted to go more but my hip went out .. I was born with hip dysplasia and in a brace for 2 years of my life ..not fun ...spent the rest of the day on the couch ughh
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Have felt very sub par with a squiffy tum all day. Still met macro and cal goals (actually only 96g of protein, but meh, close enough), and went for a walk, though a bit shorter, and definitely in the 'stroll' category. I'm only still up because Miss Mandy did end up having a tooth out, and can't have her pain meds before 10.

Hopefully this is a one day event and I feel fine tomorrow.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    (For 11/05)
    Goals met. ✅
    16,512 steps. Walked 120 mins outside in the beautiful Ohio sunshine. This nice weather won't last long, so I'm taking advantage of it with outside walks right now. It was also a rest day for my c25k.

@taylok23 Im still trying to determine what the ideal carb % should be for wanting to lose weight. Once I get that figured out, I think I'll be able to get on more of an even keel. It's really crappy that 1 stinkin cookie can ruin my whole carb count for the day! Lol. But I'm a work in progress!

@eneild Wowsa! That's a lot of miles! I'm working my way up to high mileage days. Lol. 2 years ago when I lost almost 60 lbs I would walk 12-18 miles on a Saturday - my hubby thought I was crazy, but it was peaceful and I could listen to a motivational book on the Libby app on my phone!

@Nony_Mouse I hope to feel better SOON!
  • baconslave
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    The good news is that I walked a mile and a half yesterday.

Mostly my attention has been on societal stressors for the first few days of this month and I honestly feel wasted.

Tonight, I will change my electronic scale batteries and try to figure out how to reset it. Wouldn't it be great to have an old fashioned, Dr.'s scale?? So simple!

Societal stressors...they are rough right now. :grimace:
    I had to quit listening to my news podcast during my walk so I hunted up a one that had a Space Week and nerded out to talk of dark energy, universe expansion, and space junk. :joy:
    Great job on the walk!
  • baconslave
    Options
    11/4 goals met and did 2 aerobic DVD's for a total of 90 minutes
    11/5 goals met and went for our walk at 6am ..walked 5.86 miles ..wanted to go more but my hip went out .. I was born with hip dysplasia and in a brace for 2 years of my life ..not fun ...spent the rest of the day on the couch ughh

Hip went out! :cold_sweat: I'm so sorry. I hope its feeling better soon.
  • baconslave
    Options
    @Nony_Mouse Wishing you a quickly un-squiffed tummy!

11/5:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Was supposed to do strength but just wasn't in the mood. It was sunny and balmy so I took a walk. I'll do strength today as it might be a bit warm for my tastes this afternoon with the warm front.