• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Friday Nov. 6
    Lelbarou = Laura
    track calories - yes (under = yes)
    exercise - yes ( 45 min. walk)
    Fruit - yes (lots! of berries)
    5 minutes to self - yes (guided meditation)
    5 points!

Steps - 7987 steps
    Good morning!
    Had a good day yesterday.
    Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 2,750
    DBF: 11

I ate terrible yesterday! We went to a burger place yesterday with the grandkids. So that had lots of calories. We also did a lot of mindless eating while playing games. I tried to track the best I could but I had to estimate some of my serving sizes. The good thing is I didn’t sit down and have a binge. I can’t believe I have hit 11 days without one.

My steps are pretty low as I spent most of the day with my leg up. I set my step goal to 4500 to encourage myself to move more. I did reach it 4 times this week so I am pretty happy with that. I am off grocery shopping very soon and then I am back to stay with the grandkids until tomorrow.

Have a super Saturday!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking

Hi Linda. I think it's normal and inevitable to have good and bad days, so if your day wasn't great yesterday then take heart that it will be better today. Congratulations on not having a binge. That is a great accomplishment. Hope you have a fun weekend with your grandkids.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/6: 10,390 ❌

Weekend Challenge 11/6:
    1) Track everything ✔️
    2) Under calories ✔️
    3) Exercise 20 minutes ✔️
    4) 5 minutes for self-care ✔️
    5) Fruit ✔️ 🍍

Happy Saturday!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I've had a bad few days. Stressful. I haven't tracked or added my steps here.
    Here are my steps from the last 3 days:
    Wed. 11/04 = 4,689
    Thurs. 11/05 = 10,361
    Fri. 11/06 = 9,899
    Today, Saturday, is my weigh in day. I gained 2 lbs.
    CW = 195
    Weight last week = 193
    This weight loss process is difficult and mentally draining. I know I did not do well this week, and I had a lot of anxiety.
    A positive note - I have been outside hiking and biking because the weather has been AWESOME. I'm going to ride my bike for a nice long ride later today. That will put me in a good mood.

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options

I ate terrible yesterday! We went to a burger place yesterday with the grandkids. So that had lots of calories. We also did a lot of mindless eating while playing games. I tried to track the best I could but I had to estimate some of my serving sizes. The good thing is I didn’t sit down and have a binge. I can’t believe I have hit 11 days without one.

Don’t be too hard on yourself for a bad day. Easier said then done right. Keep in mind that on days like yesterday when you have the grand babies it’s not as easy to stay on top of it. Forgive yourself and move on. Each time they come make a change from the time before Until you are able to control yourself when they visit.
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

Busy day yesterday did my boxing workout, got a haircut, walked the dog with a friend and then did a 4.5 walk with another friend. After all that I went for an overdue grocery shopping. I usually meal plan and write a list this time I did a big stock up instead. After the fiasco of the pot roast at the beginning of the week I have been anti cooking my elaborate recipes that I like to try. I was on point with eating until after the grocery store when my blood sugar felt low, this isn’t a feeling I usually get. I shoveled in some Halloween candy and a cookie to tide me over until dinner which was healthy. I took a bunch of motrin before bed since I was sore. Hoping to get in more steps today since I can’t let this beautiful weather pass.

Hope you better soon. Fingers crossed that good weather sticks around for a nice long walk 👍🏻

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What a beginning of November!
    My father in law broke his foot and we are doing everything for them. One of my friends is doing really bad and needs to be hidden from her husband and its stressing me out, problems with the goberment, papers, doctors, studies.... I'm going to explode!
    I was making myself a really good plan and nothing worked. I even got two zeros in my Nederlands.
    My steps as well not good:
    1 nov) 11.750 steps
    2 nov) 8.716 steps
    3 nov) 4.594 steps
    4 nov) 9.352 steps
    5 nov) 6.299 steps
    6 nov) 7.343 steps

I didn't reach my 10.000 steps goal.
    And my way of eating is not better either.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »

This weight loss process is difficult and mentally draining. I know I did not do well this week, and I had a lot of anxiety.
    A positive note - I have been outside hiking and biking because the weather has been AWESOME. I'm going to ride my bike for a nice long ride later today. That will put me in a good mood.

Don’t be too hard on yourself. Make a note of the areas you could improve and make small changes. Think about the positives like your bike rides and your hiking and focus on positive changes in all Other areas. Ups and downs on the scale are normal but I get how discouraging it can be. I hope you can manage to get your anxiety under control. Just do the best you can each day. Hang in there and keep pushing forward ❤️
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 11/6

Steps (goal=8K): ✅
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ just a little low
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g:✅
    Fiber= 28g:❌ little low need buy more fruit
    Exercise:✅

Weekend Challenge: 5 points

1. Track all day✅
    2. Stay under calories✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day✅

I was low on the macros and was trying to figure out what to eat. My kids teased me with some cupcakes and I scanned the package and it for perfectly! I was still a tad low in carbs and fiber but over all a very successful day.

I did my first band workout yesterday. It wasn’t much and I used the lightest band but I sure am sore today. I’m a bit ashamed about that .... I am very out of shape. But that’s all part of the journey to a healthier me 🥰
  • azkunk
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    What a beginning of November!
    My father in law broke his foot and we are doing everything for them. One of my friends is doing really bad and needs to be hidden from her husband and its stressing me out, problems with the goberment, papers, doctors, studies.... I'm going to explode!
    I was making myself a really good plan and nothing worked. I even got two zeros in my Nederlands.
    My steps as well not good:
    1 nov) 11.750 steps
    2 nov) 8.716 steps
    3 nov) 4.594 steps
    4 nov) 9.352 steps
    5 nov) 6.299 steps
    6 nov) 7.343 steps

I didn't reach my 10.000 steps goal.
    And my way of eating is not better either.

Don’t be so hard on yourself. It sounds like you are under a lot of stress. Stress increases cortisol so try to figure out a plan to deal with these things. If that means decreasing your step goal then do it. Set a more realistic goal. It can be higher on the days that so much isn’t going on. You can get through this!
  • azkunk
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/6 steps = 8698
  • azkunk
    Options
    Wed. 11/04 = 4,689
    Thurs. 11/05 = 10,361
    Fri. 11/06 = 9,899
    CW = 195
    Weight last week = 193

Where are you located? I am in Arizona and our weather is just about to turn. We have had a couple of tease days in the 70s but it was still in the 90s last week. I am so ready for the fall and winter weather and excited to get outdoors again. I never get that feel good endorphin rush from any other exercise ... only hiking. I just love being out there. It doesn’t even feel like exercise to me.

Hope things start to turn around for you soon.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CHECK IN: Friday, Nov. 6

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️ (rest day)
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking❌ (cheat meal)
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    FRI. 11/6: 6,752

Friday is also my treat day. How do you approach cheat day?

I fast until noon, then usually eat 2 light meals and then full on calories for my cheat dinner, however, yesterday I went over the top on calories and ate after dinner, some chocolates, etc. :/ So don't stress about the burger dinner you had, my trainer told me that a cheat meal is very important to reset your metabolism, as long as you are staying consistent the rest of the week. So we can just use yesterday as our reset day.

Today is a fresh start! I'm eating lighter today and tomorrow and the weather is beautiful here, so I'll get some walking in today too.

• azkunk
    Options
    Friday’s check in

My steps are pretty low as I spent most of the day with my leg up. I set my step goal to 4500 to encourage myself to move more. I did reach it 4 times this week so I am pretty happy with that. I am off grocery shopping very soon and then I am back to stay with the grandkids until tomorrow.

Have a super Saturday!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

Sometimes you just have to have a burger 😜 My coach is teaching me to look at my weekly averages. If I am too high one day, I can make up the deficit over the next couple of days.

Congrats on the DBF streak. Do you think the new dietician helped?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in Week: 1
    Previous Weight: 195.4
    Today’s Weight: 192.8🔻
    LTD: 146 Lbs 🔻

Weekend Challenge: Friday

Track all day - ✔️
    Stay under calories - ✖️ Over
    Take 5 minutes for yourself - ✔️Nap + TV
    20 minutes of exercise - ✔️Walk
    Eat a piece of fruit each day - ✔️ 🍌 🍊

4 POINTS

:o What an amazing loss to date @mari_moulin and this week you too. :)
    Congratulations!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 6
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9013
    Exercise 60min walk pushing stroller

Yesterday was a pretty normal day around here for me. Made my kids breakfast and did some dishes, took my son to preschool and went for a nice walk with my daughter. I think next week it's going to get cold again so I won't be able to take her outside for walks.

Friday Weekend Challenge 5/5
    1. Track all day Yes
    2. Stay under calories Yes
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) After my husband got off work I went and laid on the bed and read blogs for 15mins
    4. 20 minutes of exercise Yes
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day I chose an apple
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 209.8
    CW 207.2
    Loss with MFP since 4/17/20 62.8lbs
    LTD 115.8
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good Morning ...We are dressed like Eskimo's heading our for our walk ...I didn't walk yesterday so out we go :) we were out there for 261 minutes and we walked 9.73 miles
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47

Previous weight: 296.6
    Current weight: 298.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

battling major depression this month; hopefully coming out of trough soon. still trying to hang in. dang it!! going in wrong direction. grocery shopping today. tossed any "junk" food in the house. Starting tomorrow morning ... back to absolute basics; cooking my own meals, no pop, only water, weighing/measuring ... fingers crossed!! maybe this will be the upward spur I need for getting out of this trough.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Sleep was a bust last night! Not worried, just tired. I had to be up early. Glad you got good sleep. I expect to tonight, lol. Yes, I did know about the oxygen variation levels. I will have to check that out. Also, it reads oxygen levels. Haven't figured that out yet, lol. My last Fitbit crapped out after 3 years, and I have had my Sense for less than a month. Still getting acquainted with it. Will explain last nights crazy events which did not contribute to a good night's rest in the next post.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Friday Nov. 6
    Lelbarou = Laura
    track calories - yes (under = yes)
    exercise - yes ( 45 min. walk)
    Fruit - yes (lots! of berries)
    5 minutes to self - yes (guided meditation)
    5 points!

Steps - 7987 steps
    Good morning!
    Had a good day yesterday.
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Friday’s check in

Have a super Saturday!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

Hi Linda. I think it's normal and inevitable to have good and bad days, so if your day wasn't great yesterday then take heart that it will be better today. Congratulations on not having a binge. That is a great accomplishment. Hope you have a fun weekend with your grandkids.

Amazing start to the challenge! You are right on the money. It will be a messy weekend for eating but when I wake up on Sunday I will be right back at it. Thanks, we are having lots of fun!

Steps 11/6: 10,390 ❌

Weekend Challenge 11/6:
    1) Track everything ✔️
    2) Under calories ✔️
    3) Exercise 20 minutes ✔️
    4) 5 minutes for self-care ✔️
    5) Fruit ✔️ 🍍

Happy Saturday!

Nice start to the challenge!

Wed. 11/04 = 4,689
    Thurs. 11/05 = 10,361
    Fri. 11/06 = 9,899
    CW = 195
    Weight last week = 193

Mari gave some great advice! I know it is hard to do things when having a lot of stress and anxiety. Don’t focus on the big picture. Break it up like a jigsaw puzzle and focus on one piece at a time. You can do this!

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 11/6

Steps (goal=8K): ✅
    Water (goal= 80oz):✅
    Carb goal= 145g:❌ just a little low
    Fat goal= 40g:✅
    Protein= 105g:✅
    Fiber= 28g:❌ little low need buy more fruit
    Exercise:✅

Weekend Challenge: 5 points

1. Track all day✅
    2. Stay under calories✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day✅

I was low on the macros and was trying to figure out what to eat. My kids teased me with some cupcakes and I scanned the package and it for perfectly! I was still a tad low in carbs and fiber but over all a very successful day.

I did my first band workout yesterday. It wasn’t much and I used the lightest band but I sure am sore today. I’m a bit ashamed about that .... I am very out of shape. But that’s all part of the journey to a healthier me 🥰

What a great Friday! It is always nice when a cupcake can fit into our diet. You are doing well with your macros. You won’t be long whipping yourself into shape.

CHECK IN: Friday, Nov. 6

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️ (rest day)
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking❌ (cheat meal)
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    FRI. 11/6: 6,752

Friday is also my treat day. How do you approach cheat day?

I fast until noon, then usually eat 2 light meals and then full on calories for my cheat dinner, however, yesterday I went over the top on calories and ate after dinner, some chocolates, etc. :/ So don't stress about the burger dinner you had, my trainer told me that a cheat meal is very important to reset your metabolism, as long as you are staying consistent the rest of the week. So we can just use yesterday as our reset day.

Today is a fresh start! I'm eating lighter today and tomorrow and the weather is beautiful here, so I'll get some walking in today too.

Sunday will be my reset day this week. I work on a calorie average for the week so if I am very careful this week I will be ok. Now that I am not exercising I don’t have any wiggle room in my calories.

azkunk wrote: »
    Friday’s check in

Have a super Saturday!

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

Sometimes you just have to have a burger 😜 My coach is teaching me to look at my weekly averages. If I am too high one day, I can make up the deficit over the next couple of days.

Congrats on the DBF streak. Do you think the new dietician helped?

I have always worked on a weekly average. This week I will have to keep my calories lower than I usually do to hit my average. I think the dietitian really helped. She told me I need to have compassion for myself when I binge. I think that is very important. I am also implementing different strategies we talked about.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Tazaria87
    Saturday
    PW 209.8
    CW 207.2
    Loss with MFP since 4/17/20 62.8lbs
    LTD 115.8

Amazing loss!

cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47

Previous weight: 296.6
    Current weight: 298.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

battling major depression this month; hopefully coming out of trough soon. still trying to hang in. dang it!! going in wrong direction. grocery shopping today. tossed any "junk" food in the house. Starting tomorrow morning ... back to absolute basics; cooking my own meals, no pop, only water, weighing/measuring ... fingers crossed!! maybe this will be the upward spur I need for getting out of this trough.

Keep hanging on! You have a good solid plan to get back on your weight loss journey. I hope you start feeling better!
This discussion has been closed.