Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well. For those of you who are struggling, please hang in there. Because I didn't get enough sleep.... everything looks good, and I'm not hungry. I will stay the course.

On November 30, 2018 we had a huge earthquake here. It was upgraded to 7+ on the Richter Scale. Believe me, it was scary and horrible. It lasted for appx 30 seconds or so. If it had gone for another 30 seconds, our house would have been pretty much leveled. We have a very well built home, and we are on a glacial moraine.

Early this morning, 3:30 a.m. AST, I was rudely awakened by the house shaking.... It was a 5.0 earthquake. Minutes later, it was followed by a 3.9 (what we would call an aftershock). At 6 a.m. we had a 4.4. Needless to say, I had no sleep. Interestingly enough, we had our contractor guy go completely around the house, last week, and check absolutely everything, and anything, we may have missed after the 2018 quake. All was good. And I won't say we were ready, but the house was.

Alaska is located within the Ring of Fire. "The Ring of Fire is the most seismically and volcanically active zone in the world." This morning's earthquake was 20 miles North of Anchorage and 25 miles deep. 2018 was 25 miles deep.

Are we freaked out? Now, no. At the time it was happening, more shocked than anything. We get tremors all the time, just not like this. Seriously, though, all is well. Thanks for reading my novel :smile:
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well. For those of you who are struggling, please hang in there. Because I didn't get enough sleep.... everything looks good, and I'm not hungry. I will stay the course.

On November 30, 2018 we had a huge earthquake here. It was upgraded to 7+ on the Richter Scale. Believe me, it was scary and horrible. It lasted for appx 30 seconds or so. If it had gone for another 30 seconds, our house would have been pretty much leveled. We have a very well built home, and we are on a glacial moraine.

Early this morning, 3:30 a.m. AST, I was rudely awakened by the house shaking.... It was a 5.0 earthquake. Minutes later, it was followed by a 3.9 (what we would call an aftershock). At 6 a.m. we had a 4.4. Needless to say, I had no sleep. Interestingly enough, we had our contractor guy go completely around the house, last week, and check absolutely everything, and anything, we may have missed after the 2018 quake. All was good. And I won't say we were ready, but the house was.

Alaska is located within the Ring of Fire. "The Ring of Fire is the most seismically and volcanically active zone in the world." This morning's earthquake was 20 miles North of Anchorage and 25 miles deep. 2018 was 25 miles deep.

Are we freaked out? Now, no. At the time it was happening, more shocked than anything. We get tremors all the time, just not like this. Seriously, though, all is well. Thanks for reading my novel :smile:

I can’t even imagine living through that. I’m glad your house is sturdy. Stay safe!
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Thank you @azkunk! We are just fine. Very grateful, of course.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6 scary to say the least! Glad you are alright.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WEEKEND CHALLENGE: Saturday
    ✔️ Track all day
    ✔️ Stay under calories
    ✔️Take 5 minutes for yourself
    ✔️20 minutes of exercise
    ✔️Eat a piece of fruit each day

5 Points
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Thank you @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE, me too :)
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ScorpioGirl70
    checkin

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:
    11/3 - 6428
    11/4 - 3386
    11/5 - 7559
    11/6 - 4704
    11/7 - 2929
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 7th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Weekend challenge - Saturday

1. Track all day ✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) ✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅

Points for the day- 5/5:

I was really lucky to get that exercise in today- helping a friend move her tv and lugging empty boxes etc down stairs (rather than take the elevator) .... no energy to walk today after that

Honestly, I have been feeling really down lately. Depression and anxiety is kicking my *kitten* and just no get up and go.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day <3
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Saturday

Track All Day: Yes
    Stay Under Cals.: Yes
    Take 5: Yes (deep breathing, being grateful)
    20 Mins Exercise: Yes
    Fruit: Yes (frozen raspberries, frozen blackberries)
    5 Points

November 7:
    Steps: Yes 7,455 so far.
    At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleeping: No (well, you know the story)
    Eating Time: Yes

@littleflutterby
    I hope tomorrow is a better day for you as well. :)<3

Let's all stay determined, dedicated, and disciplined to become/stay healthy and fit for life :):)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Check-in: Saturday Nov 7

• 30 active minutes - 67 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2,740L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 10,237 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Sunday team!

I allowed myself to celebrate a bit last night with a small individual bag of chips and a beer. I also had a few of the boys Halloween treats putting me way over for the day. I was sure to be up this morning but to my surprise I had a 2 lb loss. I’m sure this will go back up by tomorrow as last night will catch up with me. This loss could also be due to swelling going down and really getting my water in. Fingers crossed I can keep this number down.

I’m happy I got to go out for a nice long slow walk yesterday. My son came with me so he walked the dog and kept me company. It was such a nice moment with him and he was very patient with my pace. I got my steps in and some active minutes for the day. I’m still working on eating no carbs for dinner but this has proven to be very hard for me. I’ll get there. If anything I just need to cut back a little.

I’m happy to be feeling better. Yesterday was one full week post-op and I can feel myself coming back to my old self. It was quite a scare this time around. Doctor said I lost a lot of blood and they were getting ready to transfuse me but managed to finally get the bleeding under control. This is why I had to stay hospitalized for 5 days rather than getting out the next day. Just glad it’s behind me and now I’m healing. 🙏🏻

Blessed Sunday everyone ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Saturday

Track all day - ✔️
    Stay under calories - ✖️ Over
    Take 5 minutes for yourself - ✔️Tv time
    20 minutes of exercise - ✔️Walk
    Eat a piece of fruit each day - ✔️ 🍌

4 POINTS
  • mari_moulin
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    What a beginning of November!
    My father in law broke his foot and we are doing everything for them. One of my friends is doing really bad and needs to be hidden from her husband and its stressing me out, problems with the goberment, papers, doctors, studies.... I'm going to explode!
    I was making myself a really good plan and nothing worked. I even got two zeros in my Nederlands.

Oh no sorry to hear about your FIL’s foot. You’ve got so much to deal with at the moment. Life can be so hard and really get in the way and make our smallest efforts a huge challenge. Just make the best of each situation. Control what you can and let the rest fall in place in its own time.
    azkunk wrote: »
    I was low on the macros and was trying to figure out what to eat. My kids teased me with some cupcakes and I scanned the package and it for perfectly! I was still a tad low in carbs and fiber but over all a very successful day.

I did my first band workout yesterday. It wasn’t much and I used the lightest band but I sure am sore today. I’m a bit ashamed about that .... I am very out of shape. But that’s all part of the journey to a healthier me 🥰

Congratulations on your day. All those green check marks are really sticking out! So glad to hear that band workout did it’s job. If you weren’t sore then it would mean it didn’t work. The fact that you are sore means you did it right and it was all good work for those muscles. Don’t be ashamed. Be PROUD! Each day you’ll improve and get stronger 💪🏻

:o What an amazing loss to date @mari_moulin and this week you too. :)
    Congratulations!

Thank you! Long and painful journey for me. Literally blood sweat and tears. So worth it!
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a pretty normal day around here for me. Made my kids breakfast and did some dishes, took my son to preschool and went for a nice walk with my daughter. I think next week it's going to get cold again so I won't be able to take her outside for walks.

Sounds like a great day for you. Wishing you more like this before the weather turns. ❤️
    Good Morning ...We are dressed like Eskimo's heading our for our walk ...I didn't walk yesterday so out we go :) we were out there for 261 minutes and we walked 9.73 miles

Good idea bundling up! Great walk!
    cesse47 wrote: »
    battling major depression this month; hopefully coming out of trough soon. still trying to hang in. dang it!! going in wrong direction. grocery shopping today. tossed any "junk" food in the house. Starting tomorrow morning ... back to absolute basics; cooking my own meals, no pop, only water, weighing/measuring ... fingers crossed!! maybe this will be the upward spur I need for getting out of this trough.

I’m so sorry to see you are battling with depression. These have been difficult and sad times and they’ve really done a number on so many peoples emotional and mental health. I pray that you can soon come out of this dark time soon. You are already making great changes in your health to help turn this depression around. We are all here for you ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options

Oh my goodness how absolutely scary it must have been for you. I’ve only experienced an earthquake once in my life and it was only a few seconds. I’m so happy everyone is ok and that your newly restored home did not have too much damage this time around.
    I was really lucky to get that exercise in today- helping a friend move her tv and lugging empty boxes etc down stairs (rather than take the elevator) .... no energy to walk today after that

Honestly, I have been feeling really down lately. Depression and anxiety is kicking my *kitten* and just no get up and go.

Moving heavy objects is great exercise! Depression and anxiety are no joke. I completely understand the place you are in. Just do your best each day. If getting out of bed is the best then do that. If 5 min walk around the living room is all you can manage then well done. You do the best you can for you each day. You will slowly come back and do a little more. Don’t be hard on yourself. Be kind and love yourself and tell yourself it’s ok. Hugs ❤️

• Bluetail6
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Thank you!! We built our house almost 18 years ago. It was built to withstand moderate earthquakes. We didn't sustain any damage this time. In 2018 we had a structural engineer look at it. It was fine just a lot of sheetrock damage, mostly fixed.

I have been wanting to respond to what happened to your family. I just didn't know what to say, not that I do now... I am so very sorry for your loss. I am so sorry for your sister. I hope you both have the support that you need to help you through it.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    10,070 steps!! That's all folks :)
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Thank you!! We built our house almost 18 years ago. It was built to withstand moderate earthquakes. We didn't sustain any damage this time. In 2018 we had a structural engineer look at it. It was fine just a lot of sheetrock damage, mostly fixed.

I have been wanting to respond to what happened to your family. I just didn't know what to say, not that I do now... I am so very sorry for your loss. I am so sorry for your sister. I hope you both have the support that you need to help you through it.

I appreciate your kind and heartfelt thoughts for myself and my family. There really isn’t much anyone can say after such a tragedy. It will never get better or easier but with time we will learn to live without their presence, their voices, their laughs, we will just become used to it but it won’t be easier. We have come together as a family and have grieved together and continue to speak daily to make sure we are all getting through our days as best we can. It was actually my husbands only brother and his twin girls that passed in the plane crash. Sorry I wasn’t very specific when I said my brother in law. Either way its heartbreaking and painful to live through. Just taking it all day by day now. Hugs to you ❤️
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 7 (Saturday)
    Lelbarou (Laura)
    Tracked calories - yes
    under - yes ( by very little but yes)
    fruit - yes (lots of berries - love them)
    Time to self - yes (sitting in the park)
    Exercise - No (not really, just meandered with a friend)
    Steps - 3572 Steps

4/5 points

Had a good day yesterday. Went with a friend to a dog park with her two dogs. I hadn't seen her dogs or her in a while because she lives in a different city now, even though we text and talk on the phone a lot. I ate fairly well, but didn't exercise exactly so I have to try to get a walk in today for sure.
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm back again.😁😁
    PW.....cant remember
    CW....216.4
    Steps...35,766
    I was taken away for my birthday and after my friends death for a break. Loved it and feel so much better and refreshed. Walking the forest and on the beach. Even better were nights in the hot tub drinking wine while looking at the star filled scottish sky.
    Ready to do business now 😁😁
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options

What a scary night for you! That is a very good reason for not getting enough sleep. I am so glad you and your house are ok.

Nov 7th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week- 2 (goal of 3)

Weekend challenge - Saturday

1. Track all day ✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) ✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅

Points for the day- 5/5:

Moving stuff like that is a great calorie burn. Depression and anxiety are not fun. I too understand where you are coming from. One thing I do is no matter how I am feeling is I have to make my bed. It sounds silly but it feels good to get something done. I hope you start feeling better then you can kick the depression and anxiety in the *kitten*.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Track all day - x✅
    Stay under calories - xx
    Take 5 minutes for yourself - ✅✅
    20 minutes of exercise - ✅✅
    Eat a piece of fruit each day - ✅✅
    Steps - 17,569

Well clearly we can see what I need to work on. With the long walks I am doing I am
    So hungry after I come home and snack prior to dinner. Yesterday was a 5.4 mile walk with a friend on a beach in a different town. I didn’t love it, it was way busier than I thought it would be, I should have known based on the weather. Off for today’s walk with other friends soon.
This discussion has been closed.