Weekend challenge - Sunday

1. Track all day ✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) ✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅

Points for the day- 5/5:

Total for weekend challenge- 15/15 :)

Off for my last walk of the week... cutting it fine but determined to do it to get all my points and targets completed for the week!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Sunday, Nov.8
    19,393 steps!! I walked 5 miles with a friend & cleaned my house. My hips are killing me from all the walking. Going to do some yoga to stretch them.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: 14 points

1. Track all day ✅✅✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅✅✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself ✅✅✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅✅❌
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅✅✅

I needed to rest today after my hike yesterday.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    3746 for the day... I am sure I will get like 20 more steps before the day is over but.... that'll do lol
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

11/8 steps = 5634

It was a lazy rest day.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    New week, new perspective.
    I decided that even if I have been in the top 3 steppers here and in Samsung health for months, right now I don't have the time to walk that much. And not making my 10.000 steps is giving me a lot of stress. So as some of you recommended me, I'm going to put down my goal to 8.000 steps.
    It will be also challenging, but more reachable.
    My steps :
    7 November 5.602 steps
    8 November 17.164 steps

And my weight : 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs

My goals for this week:
    Eat 5 meals a day
    Walk 8.000 steps
    Be kind to myself
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. Wow, I logged back in and you have all been busy had over 10 pages to catch up on! Was a good read for sure. Great to see you back @mari_moulin - I echo what other team members have said. This week has been a mixed one but managed to do some cycling this past week. Whilst I'm not massively confident on roads and prefer off road cycling, overall I just love getting out on the bike as it feels freeing. Sadly with being in the winter months now, it's going to start limiting outdoor cycling activity. I also did some lifting heavy boxes over the weekend too.

Oh and this past week (5th November) here in the UK we got put back into national lockdown for the second time until 2nd December.. there is some changes from last time but still relatively similar to back in March. It will be interesting to see if we do actually come out of it then or extend. After that we go back into the tiered system the government were doing previously.. where I am it was in Tier 2 going to move into Tier 3 so even if we stay in Tier 2 after 2nd December the laws mean it would likely still be no household mixing indoors with people you don't live with.. there is support bubble stuff but isn't applicable to my circumstances so will have to continue the no household indoor mixing. Bit surreal haven't had anyone else outside my household in my house since early March this year and doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon.

Food wise, still having issues but did manage to make a carrot, coriander and ginger soup this past week which was really easy and tasty. Has anyone else got a Breville active blender? I managed to blend the soup in that and was easy clean up.

Sadly a gain this week but this number was better to see this morning compared to 252.8/251.8 number I've saw this past week, gave me a right shock!

CW: 250.4
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Weekend Challenge: Sunday

Track All Day: Yes
    Stay Under Cals.: Yes
    Take 5: Yes (being grateful)
    20 Mins Exercise: Yes
    Fruit: No
    4 Points

November 8:
    Steps: Yes 7,453
    At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleeping: Yes (7 hrs. 50 mins) B)
    Eating Time: Yes
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in Sunday Nov. 8
    track calories - yes
    under - yes
    five minutes to self - yes
    exercise - no (seems to be my weak point right now...)
    Steps - 1078

Although I had a nice day socially yesterday with virtual coffee in the morning and dinner with my sister in the evening, I didn't get out and do a walk. I did do about 2 hours and a half of cleaning! Anyway, exercise is something I have to learn to incorporate into my day.
    Happy Monday. I hope everyone has a good week!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Oh. I'm sorry to hear that both your parents have covid. I hope they have a speedy recovery. It must be a lot on your mind... I wish you and your family the best.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 8

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    SUN. 11/8: 5,000 (Spinning) + 24,014 = 29,014
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 7
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 8387
    Exercise 60min walk

Now my mom has tested positive for Covid as well. Not really surprising considering my dad was in the house with her. They are both having symptoms now though and don't feel good at all. Hopefully they get well soon. Things are well in my house and on the health front. Got to walk outside which always feels great. My husband and I decided we were getting Indian for dinner so I fit it into my calories and it was delicious.

Saturday weekend challenge 5/5
    1. Track all day Yes
    2. Stay under calories Yes
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) I took my walk by myself so I could have some decompression time and just think
    4. 20 minutes of exercise Yes
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day I chose a banana

I am so sorry both your parents have this terrible virus and have symptoms. I wish them a speedy recovery!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Saturday Nov 7

• 30 active minutes - 106 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2,500L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 12,157 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Monday team. I’m running late checking in today. I have a sick boy today which was sent home from school. I’ve had to schedule a doctors visit this afternoon and hoping it’s nothing too serious. With COVID around I worry that he will need to be tested which is not pleasant speaking from personal experience. He has a sore throat and diarrhea which can be symptoms. Fingers crossed it’s not that.

Hope to share more tomorrow. ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    edited November 2020
    Options

Track all day - ✔️
    Stay under calories - ✖️ Over
    Take 5 minutes for yourself - ✔️ Nap
    20 minutes of exercise - ✔️Walk
    Eat a piece of fruit each day - ✔️ 🍌

4 POINTS
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon Everyone ...Well I am hecka sore today from that lonnnnnnnng walk yesterday .... I worked out 7 days this week ... I will be doing nothing today except watching the last Nascar race of the season and lots of relaxing :)

Hope you had a good rest and are now fully recovered and ready to kick butt.
    azkunk wrote: »
    I know the check in shows a loss but I am actually up today 😠 My low this week was 184.7. I have been really good this week and was even under calories every day. I started my strength training on Friday and took a long hike yesterday. I am pretty sore from both workouts so maybe I’m retaining a little fluid. I check in with coach tomorrow and see what she has to say.

If you are strength training, this can cause a spike in the scale from muscle repair. I wouldn’t worry too much I’m sure you will bring it back down again in a couple of days. Soak those muscles 💪🏻
    Weekend
    Yesterday, was a BEAUTIFUL day so we went for a 2+ hour hike in the desert. I am so happy the the weather is finally starting to cool off. This is my favorite time of year. Here are a couple of pics from my hike

Wow it looks absolutely gorgeous there. I’m sure you had such a good and calorie killing hike!
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Now my mom has tested positive for Covid as well. Not really surprising considering my dad was in the house with her. They are both having symptoms now though and don't feel good at all. Hopefully they get well soon. Things are well in my house and on the health front. Got to walk outside which always feels great. My husband and I decided we were getting Indian for dinner so I fit it into my calories and it was delicious.
    [/b]

Oh no I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m sure you must be so worried. I hope their symptoms don’t get any worse and they can get through it at home during their quarantine.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    WEEKEND CHALLENGE: Sunday
    ✔️ Track all day - Yes
    ✔️ Stay under calories - Yes
    ✔️Take 5 minutes for yourself - bath & pedi
    ✔️20 minutes of exercise
    ✔️Eat a piece of fruit each day

5 POINTS
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 8

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    SUN. 11/8: 5,000 (Spinning) + 24,014 = 29,014

You did great with the weekend challenge. I am always in awe of your steps!

Nov 8th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅

Walks this week- 3 (goal of 3) ✅✅✅

Weekend challenge - Sunday

1. Track all day ✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself (deep breathing, journaling, etc) ✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅

Points for the day- 5/5:

Total for weekend challenge- 15/15 :)

Off for my last walk of the week... cutting it fine but determined to do it to get all my points and targets completed for the week!

Determination is an important aspect of weight loss. You are doing so well with your goals. A perfect score! Awesome!

Weekend Challenge: 14 points

1. Track all day ✅✅✅
    2. Stay under calories ✅✅✅
    3. Take 5 minutes for yourself ✅✅✅
    4. 20 minutes of exercise ✅✅❌
    5. Eat a piece of fruit each day ✅✅✅

I needed to rest today after my hike yesterday.

Rest days are important. Listening to your body prevents injury and the ability to continue with exercise. Great job on the weekend challenge!

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    New week, new perspective.
    I decided that even if I have been in the top 3 steppers here and in Samsung health for months, right now I don't have the time to walk that much. And not making my 10.000 steps is giving me a lot of stress. So as some of you recommended me, I'm going to put down my goal to 8.000 steps.
    It will be also challenging, but more reachable.
    My steps :
    7 November 5.602 steps
    8 November 17.164 steps

And my weight : 134,4 kg = 296,3 lbs

My goals for this week:
    Eat 5 meals a day
    Walk 8.000 steps
    Be kind to myself

That is very smart lowering your step goal. I think your most important weekly goal is to be kind to yourself. It is easy to be kind to someone else but be kind also extends to ourself.

mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in. Wow, I logged back in and you have all been busy had over 10 pages to catch up on! Was a good read for sure. Great to see you back @mari_moulin - I echo what other team members have said. This week has been a mixed one but managed to do some cycling this past week. Whilst I'm not massively confident on roads and prefer off road cycling, overall I just love getting out on the bike as it feels freeing. Sadly with being in the winter months now, it's going to start limiting outdoor cycling activity. I also did some lifting heavy boxes over the weekend too.

Oh and this past week (5th November) here in the UK we got put back into national lockdown for the second time until 2nd December.. there is some changes from last time but still relatively similar to back in March. It will be interesting to see if we do actually come out of it then or extend. After that we go back into the tiered system the government were doing previously.. where I am it was in Tier 2 going to move into Tier 3 so even if we stay in Tier 2 after 2nd December the laws mean it would likely still be no household mixing indoors with people you don't live with.. there is support bubble stuff but isn't applicable to my circumstances so will have to continue the no household indoor mixing. Bit surreal haven't had anyone else outside my household in my house since early March this year and doesn't look like it'll change anytime soon.

Food wise, still having issues but did manage to make a carrot, coriander and ginger soup this past week which was really easy and tasty. Has anyone else got a Breville active blender? I managed to blend the soup in that and was easy clean up.

Sadly a gain this week but this number was better to see this morning compared to 252.8/251.8 number I've saw this past week, gave me a right shock!

CW: 250.4

You may have had a small gain but look at the positives. The biggest one is you haven’t given up which always makes you a winner. You had some exercise and you are trying new foods. You did all this inspite of entering a lockdown again. I would set some goals that will help you achieve your weight loss goal. Stay strong!

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in Sunday Nov. 8
    track calories - yes
    under - yes
    five minutes to self - yes
    exercise - no (seems to be my weak point right now...)
    Steps - 1078

Although I had a nice day socially yesterday with virtual coffee in the morning and dinner with my sister in the evening, I didn't get out and do a walk. I did do about 2 hours and a half of cleaning! Anyway, exercise is something I have to learn to incorporate into my day.
    Happy Monday. I hope everyone has a good week!

Exercise doesn’t have to be the traditional going to the gym or some form of cardio. I think cleaning for 2.5 hours counts for something. I cleaned my apartment yesterday afternoon and I earned active points on my Fitbit. I am giving you a point for exercise. You did really well with the weekend challenge.

Bluetail6 wrote: »

Track All Day: Yes
    Stay Under Cals.: Yes
    Take 5: Yes (being grateful)
    20 Mins Exercise: Yes
    Fruit: No
    4 Points

November 8:
    Steps: Yes 7,453
    At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleeping: Yes (7 hrs. 50 mins) B)
    Eating Time: Yes

I love your take 5. I think we all need to take time to be grateful every day. I feel like a broken record this morning but you did really well with the challenge.
This discussion has been closed.