lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,586 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 2,749
    DBF: 0

We got the apartment we wanted. It’s so beautiful. It is a fairly new building and has both an exercise room and pool. I was nervous that they wouldn’t approve our application so when my husband told me I was both relieved and overwhelmed. I have a lot to do in the 9 weeks before we move. I think the reason I binged last night is I let myself overthink everything and I sought out my comfort. I am working hard on overcoming letting a binge soothe me. It is a process. The biggest step I have made is I have compassion for me and forgive myself.

I didn’t get for a walk yesterday. I didn’t check my email before coming on here and I had to wait for a package. The building manger is coming in for an inspection today and I will try to go after they leave depending on my pain level.

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Hope you are all doing well and managed to crush your October goals.

Goodluck on your November goals.

xx
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in

We got the apartment we wanted. It’s so beautiful. It is a fairly new building and has both an exercise room and pool. I was nervous that they wouldn’t approve our application so when my husband told me I was both relieved and overwhelmed. I have a lot to do in the 9 weeks before we move. I think the reason I binged last night is I let myself overthink everything and I sought out my comfort. I am working hard on overcoming letting a binge soothe me. It is a process. The biggest step I have made is I have compassion for me and forgive myself.

I didn’t get for a walk yesterday. I didn’t check my email before coming on here and I had to wait for a package. The building manger is coming in for an inspection today and I will try to go after they leave depending on my pain level.

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    Congrats on getting the apartment! How exciting!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/9: 8,266
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for 11/9

Steps (goal=8.5K): ❌
    Water (goal= 80oz): ✅
    Carb goal= 145g: ❌ low
    Fat goal= 40g: ✅
    Protein= 105g: ❌ high
    Fiber= 28g: ✅
    Exercise: ✅

I am starting to bounce around again up and down by a pound. My low was a net loss last week but this scale is frustrating me. I am staying under calories and coming close to my macros. I am averaging 94oz of water each day and getting my exercise in. I am going to watch the salt a little closer and see if that helps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 11/9 steps= 8412
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin - great pictures, thanks for posting! It’s truly an inspiration

@lindamtuck2018 - congrats on the apartment. The pool sounds like a great low impact way for you to work out. I just moved at the end of June, so I know that stress. You have 9 weeks. Start packing now, target one room a week and only leave the necessities out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,586 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

xx

Nice to see you drop by! I hope things are settling down.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 11/9

Steps (goal=8.5K): ❌
    Water (goal= 80oz): ✅
    Carb goal= 145g: ❌ low
    Fat goal= 40g: ✅
    Protein= 105g: ❌ high
    Fiber= 28g: ✅
    Exercise: ✅

I am starting to bounce around again up and down by a pound. My low was a net loss last week but this scale is frustrating me. I am staying under calories and coming close to my macros. I am averaging 94oz of water each day and getting my exercise in. I am going to watch the salt a little closer and see if that helps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 11/9 steps= 8412

Sounds like you have a sensitivity to sodium. I have to be extra careful with sodium. I practically drown myself with the water I drink everyday. I try to drink over a 100 oz a day. I really feel it helps with the sodium.
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

omg i typed up a long response to this on my phone and pressed "done" on the top, thinking it would send. NOPE. it just closed off the damn page. I've done that so many times haha

Congrats on the new place! It sounds wonderful!

Before covid we snuck into my MIL's building to use the pool, even after she passed away we kept a fob and the security were super chill about it, since they knew us. But then bloody covid lol. Swimming is great when you have joint or nerve problems. I'm a ex-competitive swimmer and I just love being in the water. I feel *lighter* of course too haha.

Wish I could help ya pack up, damn good exercise and it's kinda fun when you have a few people doing it. I helped a friend move last year, thankfully it was just to a different apartment in the same building so that made life a lot easier. But we organised though 5+ years of stuff. And there was a lot of it! She appreciated the help because I was just ruthless. "you wanna keep this receipt from 20 years ago? Yes? You don't have the item anymore." *Throws it out* lol

Like someone said before, focus on a room at a time. I did a huge overhaul of my spare room, which honestly was something like you would see in hoarders, I'm not joking! A thing I learned when I did a PHP program last year was to set a timer for 10 or 15 minutes, and just BLITZ for that time. I put on 3 songs on spotify and ran around doing stuff until the timer went off. Sometimes I even felt "in the groove" and reset the timer a couple of times! 15 minutes, 4 times a week is an hour a week of solid work. I started in a corner and had a box and a bin bag- keepsies went in the box, throwies went in the bag. I had to take my time because my body isn't that fit so I just sat on a chair or on the bed and just sorted a bit at a time. It's amazing how much can be done in little chunks

ANYHOO that is my (way more than) 2 cents worth. I am so excited for you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    I just got back from my Dr's Appt...He is happy with my weight loss .... My A1c is 6.2 ...I go in for a bone density test this Friday.... I have to have an ultra sound done on my liver next Month ( I forgot what he said about it ) so over all not a bad Dr's Appt :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Time to recognize our team members who pledged a daily step count for the 1st week of November

@lindamtuck2018 over (4500) 5 days in a row
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 over (20,000) 7 days in a row
    @azkunk over (7500) 7 days in a row
    @Tazaria87 over (9000) 3 days in a row
    @Z1ORtza over (8000) 2 days in a row
    @888Angie888 over (15,000) 3 days in a row
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE over (10,000) 7 days in a row
    @363days over (10,000) 2 days in a row
    @mari_moulin over (10,000) 3 days in a row

A HUGE CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!

If any of you who would like to pledge how many steps you would like to do daily ...Please let me know with a step count so I can add it on the spreadsheet :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 9
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 7812
    Exercise 45min treadmill
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Congratulations on your new apartment, and I hope you love it there. :)
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in

Weekly goals
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily

So glad you got the apartment you wanted!! I love the idea of an exercise room, and pool.

I love that you have compassion and forgiveness for yourself. None of us are perfect. We all mess up. It is the getting back up that counts. Hope your pain level is manageable, and you get/got a walk. :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Woops, I thought I pledged before November that my goal is 6K steps a day. No worries at all. If you don't mind, add me to the spread sheet. I have been posting my steps here. If it is any easier for you, I can go back to 11/1 and post those previous steps when I post my steps for today. That way you don't have to scour through all the previous posts :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    I loved your post to lindamtuck2018!!

I have a few rooms to clean out (actually more than a few, lol.) I am going to use part of your excellent strategy.

I was interested in you having been a competitive swimmer in the past. I have never been a swimmer, but I like the water. In 2008, I learned to swim one month before competing in a triathlon..... Believe it or not it wasn't a disaster. I paid a little extra for a single lane. Otherwise, the other swimmers would have drowned me, I was so slow!! :D
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Hi All,

xx

Thank you!! Good luck to you as well :)
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin
    I was nicely surprised to see my name mentioned above :). One of my goals tomorrow is to get on the thread earlier and really read through them, and post. It feels like I'm always running to the next thing.....

If anyone has responded to any of my posts, and I haven't thanked you, I'm thanking you now. :):)

I love that goal!
    I enjoy reading everyone but with the phone is quite complicated . Although, I think I'm going to copy your goal.

I so get the phone.... I have to use my desktop, lol. I turned off autocorrect on my phone.... Was sending/receiving too many crazy texts. :D
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

November Steps:

1) 6,279
    2) 6,355
    3) 6,304
    4) 6,147
    5) 6,416
    6) 5,515
    7) 10,147