Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Woops, I thought I pledged before November that my goal is 6K steps a day. No worries at all. If you don't mind, add me to the spread sheet. I have been posting my steps here. If it is any easier for you, I can go back to 11/1 and post those previous steps when I post my steps for today. That way you don't have to scour through all the previous posts :)

You are already on the spreadsheet I have all your steps ...I didn't have your goal of 6000 on the spreadsheet... I apologize
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    11/06 check in
    drank water...yes
    4336 steps
    Close rings... yes

11/07 check in
    drank water...yes
    7516 steps plus 30 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

11/08 check in
    drank water...yes
    6608 steps plus 15 min on elliptical
    Close rings... yes

11/09 check in
    drank water...yes
    7013 steps plus 15 min on elliptical
    Close rings... yes

11/10 check in
    drank water...yes
    6157 steps plus 30 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.4
    CW:172.4 wrong direction I know...but I did poop 4 times afterwards and feel lighter, lol!
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 24.6
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps 6096
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 10th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅ (Or at least I will have after a nice big glass of water lol)

Walks this week- 0 (goal of 3)

I was going to take a walk but my tummy has been feeling a bit off the last couple of hours and I didn't want to risk feeling dodgy on my walk, with no-where to go the washroom lol. I am hoping I'll feel better in the morning and I'll go first thing.

Still feeling really off beam, reached out to a few people and had a talk with my therapist today, so I'll be ok.

My wife and I had a nice dinner out. I wanted to avoid fast food so we went to an italian restaurant and sat on the patio, only our second meal out together since covid happened- the first was her birthday in July. even though I had some garlic bread with my meal, I was still under calories which is awesome.

All in all, an ok day :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @littleflutterby
    I loved your post to lindamtuck2018!!

I have a few rooms to clean out (actually more than a few, lol.) I am going to use part of your excellent strategy.

I was interested in you having been a competitive swimmer in the past. I have never been a swimmer, but I like the water. In 2008, I learned to swim one month before competing in a triathlon..... Believe it or not it wasn't a disaster. I paid a little extra for a single lane. Otherwise, the other swimmers would have drowned me, I was so slow!! :D

That is really impressive! I swam from the ages of 8-16 competitively. After I lost weight in 2011/12 I was going to join a masters team but I didnt get a call back.... and that was just a miscommunication because the head coach was my old county swimming coach. He said he wasn't told I came for a trial -_-

But by that time I was planning a move to Canada, and the prices here are ridiculous. But maybe one day :) I'm sure the technique is still there somewhat but I'd have to work on my stamina.

I am a proper waterbaby. I feel so natural in water. Try and get me to run and my limbs just go all gangly lol
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Also today's steps are at 4,000 (I'll make sure of it before i get in bed haha).

Can I have a target of 4,000 please? I think that is a good idea since it will get me to move around on my days off
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Nov. 10
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    TUES. 11/10: 10,600 (spinning) + 18,082 = 28,682
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Tuesday Nov 10

• 30 active minutes - 194 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2,500L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 17,402 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

We are halfway through the week Team!!

I had such a busy day yesterday cleaning up house (slowly), laundry, and momming pretty much all day lol. I may have over done it as I was so so tired and sore by bed time. Today I plan on taking it much easier. Will continue laundry but won’t over do it. Just happy my house is clean and most of the laundry is done. Working on bedsheets now.

I’m just having my breakfast then I’ll wash up and change my bandages as I can now do them on my own. I’m finally allowed to have a proper shower so I’m pretty excited about that. My surgeon says all is healing well but to continue to go slow until I’m fully healed. He’s very happy with results as am I. The scales are still going down quite fast which has surprised me. I hope it doesn’t spike before the end of the week. I know this is because I’m no longer swollen from my surgery.

It’s a bank holiday in France today so I’ve got all the kids home. The plan is to lounge around, go out for our walk this afternoon, and probably spend the day playing video games together on the switch.

Wishing you all a happy hump day friends ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Good morning everyone
    Today I decided to make it my day and give to my body what my body wants.
    And so far is working.
    I woke up when my body wanted and I must say that even the scale liked it. I went 1,8 kg down from yesterday.
    I prepared my breakfast and sit while eating it impressive
    I took my time to read all of you. I cleaned a bit. Not much at the time.
    And I have been cuddling my cat for a really long time.
    I'm going to do some important things that at the same time are creative and enjoy while doing it.
    I wanna have a positive vibe day and do what I need to do but in slow motion.
    So far it feels good. Even the cravings are gone.
    I have until 17:00 for myself 😊
    I hope you all have a wonderful day.

What is your favourite sport to do at home?

I hope you managed to keep your day as positively as you started it Ziortza.

My favorite home sport is anything workout video really. I love Shawn T and an. His insanity videos.

rlaskey2 wrote: »

I have been lazy with tracking and eating too many sweets. Staying consistent with exercise has become easier for me but I still need to work on the rest. There is still a chance I can Squeak out a small loss this week so that is what I will focus on today. Yesterday and today will be low for steps since the kids are home but I will hopefully get that average back up later in the week depending on weather which looks questionable.

Sometimes it’s nice to have a lazy day. I plan on having one today! Keep consistent and you will se those results. I’ve also been struggling with the sweets this week. I’ve now hidden them from my sight so I dont think about it. Fingers crossed for some good weather ❤️
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza
    Yes. I host a virtual coffee almost every week with a group of friends! I also am doing a virtual book club! It's lots of fun!

This is really such a wonderful idea. I’m thinking of hosting a virtual dinner with my in-laws on Friday night. So glad I read this idea here.
    @mari_moulin Thank you for posting your progress pictures. Inspirational changes, you must feel great. I hope your son feels better soon. Good luck with the doctor appointment and continued healing and recovery.

Thank you so much! Yes he is feeling so much better today. He’s not happy as we’ve limited his sweets to one a day but he does remember how poorly he felt only 2 days ago so he quickly forgets about them.
    PW - 344.6
    CW - 340.8

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 34.2lb

YES! Well done on your loss this week!
    Good Morning Everyone ....Happy Tuesday ......I hope everyone is doing good ...... I apologize for not being very social and supportive ... I have a lot on my plate at this time and trying to do the best I can ... I have my 3 month diabetes check up with my very good looking Dr. this morning LOL..... I promise to get caught up on the steps and announce our amazing top steppers :)

You are very supportive Megan. You check in every single day and keep up as best you can. Thank you so much for all you do for your team!

• mari_moulin
    Options
    We got the apartment we wanted. It’s so beautiful. It is a fairly new building and has both an exercise room and pool. I was nervous that they wouldn’t approve our application so when my husband told me I was both relieved and overwhelmed. I have a lot to do in the 9 weeks before we move. I think the reason I binged last night is I let myself overthink everything and I sought out my comfort. I am working hard on overcoming letting a binge soothe me. It is a process. The biggest step I have made is I have compassion for me and forgive myself.

I didn’t get for a walk yesterday. I didn’t check my email before coming on here and I had to wait for a package. The building manger is coming in for an inspection today and I will try to go after they leave depending on my pain level.

OMG YES! Congratulations on your new apartment!! Like other have said get started one room at a time. Once you start you’ll see it all comes together. We just had a big move and we managed by packing way ahead of moving date. It’s going to be stressful but great exercise and will be so worth it once you are in your new place.
    Hi All,

Hope you are all doing well and managed to crush your October goals.

Goodluck on your November goals.

xx

Thank you and good luck to you as well. Check I. With use once in awhile and let us know how you are doing ❤️
    azkunk wrote: »

I am starting to bounce around again up and down by a pound. My low was a net loss last week but this scale is frustrating me. I am staying under calories and coming close to my macros. I am averaging 94oz of water each day and getting my exercise in. I am going to watch the salt a little closer and see if that helps.

Good idea to watch the sodium but also remember that sometimes the body needs a little time to catch up with us. It’s trying to understand what’s happening and will sometimes stall as if in shock that something is changing. I’d you are doing everything right that scale will jump down before you know it. I suspect a nice drop for you in the next couple of weeks. Keep at it! 💪🏻
    I just got back from my Dr's Appt...He is happy with my weight loss .... My A1c is 6.2 ...I go in for a bone density test this Friday.... I have to have an ultra sound done on my liver next Month ( I forgot what he said about it ) so over all not a bad Dr's Appt :)

So glad all went well at your doctors visit.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:171.4
    CW:172.4 wrong direction I know...but I did poop 4 times afterwards and feel lighter, lol!
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 24.6

If you pooped 4 times after I would just weigh again for true weight lol. I always weight myself first thing after I pee and poop to make sure I get there most accurate number. I even take off my jewelry and glasses 🤣🤣🤣
    I was going to take a walk but my tummy has been feeling a bit off the last couple of hours and I didn't want to risk feeling dodgy on my walk, with no-where to go the washroom lol. I am hoping I'll feel better in the morning and I'll go first thing.

Still feeling really off beam, reached out to a few people and had a talk with my therapist today, so I'll be ok.

My wife and I had a nice dinner out. I wanted to avoid fast food so we went to an italian restaurant and sat on the patio, only our second meal out together since covid happened- the first was her birthday in July. even though I had some garlic bread with my meal, I was still under calories which is awesome.

I do hope you are now feeling much better this morning and that you can get yourself out for that walk. Not only is it great exercise but it’s great for the souls as well. I’m happy you got to send that nice dinner with your wife. It’s been so hard to do stuff like that for us as well. I don’t. Remember the last time hubby and I went out on our own for a meal. It’s ok we do enjoy our home family dinners ❤️ I hope you have a wonderful day.
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Nov. 10
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    TUES. 11/10: 10,600 (spinning) + 18,082 = 28,682

Wowza! Amazing workouts!

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked No
    Under calories no
    Steps 8183 tracked
    Exercise chest/triceps strength workout

I have been lazy with tracking and eating too many sweets. Staying consistent with exercise has become easier for me but I still need to work on the rest. There is still a chance I can Squeak out a small loss this week so that is what I will focus on today. Yesterday and today will be low for steps since the kids are home but I will hopefully get that average back up later in the week depending on weather which looks questionable.

Every little step that you do counts 😊
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza
    Yes. I host a virtual coffee almost every week with a group of friends! I also am doing a virtual book club! It's lots of fun!

You know how to do it! The only thing that I am sort of enjoying online is a website called BoardGameArena were there are plenty of games and you can play with your friends and family. It's for free and it has a chat box, which makes it more fun.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    PW - 344.6
    CW - 340.8

-3.8lb for the week

LTD - 34.2lb

👌👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 great
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone ....Happy Tuesday ......I hope everyone is doing good ...... I apologize for not being very social and supportive ... I have a lot on my plate at this time and trying to do the best I can ... I have my 3 month diabetes check up with my very good looking Dr. this morning LOL..... I promise to get caught up on the steps and announce our amazing top steppers :)

Haha I guess after going to a very good looking doctor you don't mind to do the check up more often 😊
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 2,749
    DBF: 0

We got the apartment we wanted. It’s so beautiful. It is a fairly new building and has both an exercise room and pool. I was nervous that they wouldn’t approve our application so when my husband told me I was both relieved and overwhelmed. I have a lot to do in the 9 weeks before we move. I think the reason I binged last night is I let myself overthink everything and I sought out my comfort. I am working hard on overcoming letting a binge soothe me. It is a process. The biggest step I have made is I have compassion for me and forgive myself.

I didn’t get for a walk yesterday. I didn’t check my email before coming on here and I had to wait for a package. The building manger is coming in for an inspection today and I will try to go after they leave depending on my pain level.

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking

So good 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
    I'm happy for you
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for 11/9

Steps (goal=8.5K): ❌
    Water (goal= 80oz): ✅
    Carb goal= 145g: ❌ low
    Fat goal= 40g: ✅
    Protein= 105g: ❌ high
    Fiber= 28g: ✅
    Exercise: ✅

I am starting to bounce around again up and down by a pound. My low was a net loss last week but this scale is frustrating me. I am staying under calories and coming close to my macros. I am averaging 94oz of water each day and getting my exercise in. I am going to watch the salt a little closer and see if that helps.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 11/9 steps= 8412

I live how precisely you check everything you do.
    The OCD dream😻
    Scale is a little witch sometimes but you are doing great
  • Z10Rtza
    Options

@littleflutterby
    omg i typed up a long response to this on my phone and pressed "done" on the top, thinking it would send. NOPE. it just closed off the damn page. I've done that so many times haha
    This happened to me SO Often that I felt better reading that I'm not the only one

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    Time to recognize our team members who pledged a daily step count for the 1st week of November

@lindamtuck2018 over (4500) 5 days in a row
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 over (20,000) 7 days in a row
    @azkunk over (7500) 7 days in a row
    @Tazaria87 over (9000) 3 days in a row
    @Z1ORtza over (8000) 2 days in a row
    @888Angie888 over (15,000) 3 days in a row
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE over (10,000) 7 days in a row
    @363days over (10,000) 2 days in a row
    @mari_moulin over (10,000) 3 days in a row

A HUGE CONGRATS TO ALL!!!!!

If any of you who would like to pledge how many steps you would like to do daily ...Please let me know with a step count so I can add it on the spreadsheet :)

I love what you did here 😊 It helps a lot to see it like this
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Nov 10th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅ (Or at least I will have after a nice big glass of water lol)

Walks this week- 0 (goal of 3)

Ohh. It makes me just happy to read Italian Restaurant. I can smell the food.
    My girlfriend and I haven't been able to eat out much and since we live almost in the middle of nowhere, we can't order food either 🤣
    But it is sort of good because then you need to cook your own food.
    If your tummy isn't feeling good better sport in
This discussion has been closed.