Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    12/25 way over on calories but at least I logged it all .....and we walked 6.35 miles (I wanted to go more but my hip and foot said no way

MERRY CHRISTMAS :)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat2 - I usually don't bother with Christmas presents for the cats anymore either. They have so many toys it's ridiculous, and new ones generally get ignored anyway. Even the paper got ignored! Joe rubbed his face against one of the toys last night, and batted one a bit this morning, that's the most I got out of them. And TBH, I kind of got them more for me to have something to unwrap :lol:

@Mrs_Hoffer - good attitude on the not quite making your mini goal. You've done exceptionally well anyway, and the scale's gonna do what the scales's gonna do. You know you're doing all the right things :)

Megan and Tish - happy early birthdays!

I'm taking it fairly easy today, still paying for that long walk on Christmas Eve, and compounded it by doing longer than I should have for second walk last night. Food will be on point, I'd like to get to/above 5000 steps (so maybe a short walk at some point), but doubt I'll get above 500 for deficit. The higher deficit is getting harder to achieve as I shrink, even though I technically have enough fat to support it. I'm cutting it too fine on my energy envelope by pushing walk length, and I can't risk that biting me in the butt. Better to accept the slower weight loss and actually get there.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you so much for the early birthday wish @Nony_Mouse :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    @lemurcat2 - I usually don't bother with Christmas presents for the cats anymore either. They have so many toys it's ridiculous, and new ones generally get ignored anyway. Even the paper got ignored! Joe rubbed his face against one of the toys last night, and batted one a bit this morning, that's the most I got out of them. And TBH, I kind of got them more for me to have something to unwrap :lol:

Today's exciting "gift" was a box that one of the gifts was in. That was a big hit with Trevor! It was too small for him to get in, but he kept trying and trying (he's the littler one).
    @Mrs_Hoffer - good attitude on the not quite making your mini goal. You've done exceptionally well anyway, and the scale's gonna do what the scales's gonna do. You know you're doing all the right things :)

I agree with this. You are so close to the goal, and at a certain point whether the scale goes down a lb or 3 by a specific day vs a few days later is just who knows what, annoying as that can be.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Today's exciting "gift" was a box that one of the gifts was in. That was a big hit with Trevor! It was too small for him to get in, but he kept trying and trying (he's the littler one).

I agree with this. You are so close to the goal, and at a certain point whether the scale goes down a lb or 3 by a specific day vs a few days later is just who knows what, annoying as that can be.

I'm trying to teach my cats to like boxes (ie, I leave boxes lying around for them, in the hope they'll take interest). I swear they are all defective. Barely even deserve the title of cat.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Today (12/25) (another lovely day overall):

(1) Logged and under goal -- not really. I logged until dinner and could have estimated dinner, but then had some cookies and decided it wasn't worth the trouble to log/estimate. I was definitely over maintenance, but not some crazy amount.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- no, well over on both. Been thinking about this limit, and I think I'm going to do my best through 1/1, and probably will be mostly close, but am not worrying about some days over. However, after that I'm going to do a 50 g net (or less) January as an experiment, as I haven't had my carbs that low since Jan 2019 and am curious how I would like it.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, although steps weren't much over 10K; was both short of time and discouraged by the cold (I didn't dress warm enough) when I decided to take a walk.

(4) Did planned workout -- mostly, did planned 30 min bike trainer and short walk. Once again, had intended to look at some online pilates videos, but did not end up having time.

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes.

Much more casual than usual Christmas dinner -- pork tenderloin and spaetzle with a mushroom gravy plus a beet and apple salad with goat cheese and pinenuts. Dessert, as mentioned, was some gingerbread cookies. At one point I thought I might make a big breakfast including french toast, but we decided to just do our normal meals until dinner.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Good day, food on point and behaved myself with walk length (45 mins). Made my 750 daily deficit with a bit extra, just shy of weekly.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I haven't finished my food diary yet ... just got back from a 6.35 mile walk ....a bit cloudy and breezy but it felt good to get out there in the fresh air :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/26
    My December Goals: (12/20 - 12/26)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅✅✅❌✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅✅✅❌✅
    15k steps every day(I'm raising this through the end of the year!❌✅✅✅✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ❌✅✅✅✅✅✅ walking on the treadmill.
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ❌✅✅✅✅✅✅ c25k (w5d2)
    Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW:177.9
    GW: (01/01/2021) 175.0

Thanks for all your encouragement. I'm happy with my progress thus far. My (current) profile pic is of me when I was at my highest weight a few years ago (225). I'm almost 50 lbs less than that right now.
  • lemurcat2
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Yesterday (12/26):

(1) Logged and under goal -- no, ate leftovers and didn't log as it seemed like a pain and estimating would be far from accurate. I think I was over my goal, under maintenance.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- no, over on carbs for sure, as I was eating clam linguine and some bread.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, around 13K steps.

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, 3 mile run and then a walk plus a pilates workout. Usually I run before lunch, which is my first meal, but I got going kind of late so ate lunch before the run and then had to wait long enough to digest. My plan was to end the run at the entrance to a nearby cemetery and then walk back (exiting at the door closest to my house). Luckily when I entered I noticed a sign saying "don't get locked in" and then listing when the various entrances/exits closed. The cemetery closed at 5 (which I knew), but the door I would have been exiting at closed at 4 (it was 3:47, and at least a 30-40 min walk). I walked home another way. (The more direct way home was shorter, and I could have made the walk just as long, but I didn't.)

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes.

One of my fun things to do this weekend was going to be planning out a race schedule for 2021, but I guess too much is up in the air, so most of them aren't scheduled yet. I'm really hoping the Chicago Spring Half in May can go, as well as my favorite neighborhood race in April (5K), but I'm not counting on it. I did sign up for a virtual NY's 5K I am planning to do on NYE. (I am not totally sold on virtual races but I wanted to do something for NY's.)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    12/26 food was good and we walked .... 12/27 food on point other than my fat and we walked 7.74 miles :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/27
    December goals: (12/27 - 1/02)

15k steps per day ✅
    Carbs below 50g/day? ✅
    Gluten Free? ✅
    60 mins exercise ✅ (Today I did 20 mins of Belly Dancing (YouTube); 20 mins Boy Band Dance Workout (YouTube); and 20 mins walking on the treadmill
    Tracked everything? ✅
    Under calorie goal? ✅
    c25k program 3x/week
    Core work 3x/week?✅ (Belly Dancing!)
    *1st Goal weight of 175 by New Years Day!
    CW: 177.9

My (current) profile pic is of me when I was at my highest weight a few years ago (225). I'm almost 50 lbs less than that right now. :smiley:
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Good day yesterday, on track for food and full deficit goal achieved. Didn't go out for a walk because the weather was rubbish and super windy and I'd just washed my hair (wavy/curly problems :lol:). A friend popped around and helped me get my elliptical in from the garage though, so I did my evening Fitbit hourly steps on that to get my quads used to it. Wondered why my upper arms were sore this morning, then spotted the elliptical...

Food going well so far today. I'm experimenting with compressing things and essentially cutting out a meal (but moving important things like protein, fibre, micros to other food slots). With not having breakfast until midday, then lunch mid afternoon, I really felt like I was cramming in a late afternoon protein shake, dinner and then supper smoothie. So I've nixed lunch (will possibly swap back and forth between yoghurt/raspberries/chia and avocado/cottage cheese/celery for first meal), added protein shake to first meal, and moved supper smoothie to mid afternoon. We'll see how it goes.

Need to get out for a bit of a walk. The weather is still pants (sun is out, but southerly wind, so chilly - yes, you may all laugh at me complaining that it's only 16C). Can't use the elliptical because Toby (youngest furchild) is injured and it freaks him out. He needs to be off his leg and calm.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    28/12/20
    Happy Post-Christmas all! Bank Holiday here in Blighty but had a business call today (and another tomorrow) so was doing my physio at 7:30 and on the treadmill for just after 8 and just about done and ready for the call. Same again tomorrow (C25K on spin-bike)

FBG: 6.7 ➡️
    Workout: ✅ Treadmill (C25K W3 session)
    🟢🟠🔴 Carbs: 129g 🟠

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/28
    December goals: (12/27 - 1/02)

15k steps per day ✅✅
    Carbs below 50g/day? ✅✅
    Gluten Free? ✅✅
    60 mins exercise ✅✅ Today I walked outside for 70 mins; and then 45 minutes of a step YouTube video.
    Tracked everything? ✅✅
    Under calorie goal? ✅✅
    c25k program 3x/week
    Core work 3x/week?✅
    *1st Goal weight of 175 by New Years Day!
    CW: 177.9

@rfsatar I hope you had a nice Christmas as well. Have you found a job?
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    What's the Jan challenge going to be? I'm excited since I think I'm going to try really going lower carb (50 g net).
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    What's the Jan challenge going to be? I'm excited since I think I'm going to try really going lower carb (50 g net).

I was really surprised how easy I found it to drop that bit more (after years of saying I couldn't do it without cutting things I refuse to cut :lol: ). It was just a few tweaks in the end.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I am unholy levels of tired, I think mostly due to long periods of being awake last night, but eczema is a bit flarey again too, so that may be contributing. Early night for me.

Food was all good today, but no walk, just what steps I got around the house.

I'm thinking about doing this course: https://optimisingnutrition.com/masterclass/. I stumbled across the site originally when I was first looking at lowering my carbs further back in October, and checking to ensure I could still get decent micronutrients. I'm not usually one for paying for weight loss/nutrition stuff but the nutrient optimisation stuff interests me, and I think it would be a good investment. I've been toying about when to do my first diet break too, and doing it right before the course would work well, both in terms of when I should ideally be taking one, and ensuring I'm raring to go with the course and not suffering from diet fatigue.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    29/12/20
    Rats... woke up to a message from person I am having a business call with to bring to forward so slight change of plan to the day/week - working on Weds and then Fri and then back at it proper when the world goes back to post Chrimble and New Year normal!

FBG: 5.8 ➡️ 🟢 - In the green all night and no jump at around midnight-1am so it looks like switching to have Jardiance at lunch and then metformin at dinner and before I go to bed is working to smooth that out.
    Workout: Rest Day
    Cals: Logged ✅ <1200 ✅
    🟢🟠🔴 Carbs: 113g 🟠

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options

I'll have it ready EOD.
    Probably Jumpstart January. But since the Groups are broken, and we can't get any New Year members until it's fixed it might not be a big group.
This discussion has been closed.