Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/14
    Calorie deficit- a small one but could be better if I trim some non-essentials!

Carbs/protein- carbs too high and protein kickin’ butt. Will work on carbs yet again today.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/14
    My December Goals: (12/13 - 12/19)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌(Correction: Sun I did my c25k)

Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW:180.1
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Struggle bus day for me energy-wise thanks to not nearly enough sleep. Did manage to stick to cals though, albeit with smaller deficit due to less movement. I had a bit up my sleeve from the previous three days though, so still on track overall. Tiny walk to get to my token step goal.

News I forgot to report the other day - I got a second hand elliptical! It's still in the garage, not sure I can actually get it inside on my own, and I haven't decided yet whether to have it in the living room where it's staring me in the face and easy to jump on for a few minutes, or finally put all the boxes in the spare room back in the wardrobe and turn that into a little gym space. I actually think I'm probably more inclined to do exercise stuff in the living room tbh.

My Christmas present from my parents (actually probably just my Dad, but he said from both) arrived yesterday. Opened because mostly cheese from the Dutch shop in the city close to me, so I knew I had to get it into the fridge. But also a bag of chocolate cherry liqueur pralines. They have 7g of carbs each. I figure I can have one now and then, so for now they are living in the day to day pantry. If I decide I'm likely to demolish the whole bag if I open them, I'll lob them into the back of the high storage pantry cupboard :lol: (I may have done this with these chocolates before, both the lobbing and the demolishing). Also a pack of Dutch crisp bakes (like melba toast except thicker?), which are not an issue because I can't eat them (gluten, my Dad forgets).
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    12/15:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Yard walk. It was supposed to be a strength day but it's a bit warmer and the rains shall come, so I thought I'd take the opp to get some sun and fresh air.
  • taylok23
    Options
    12/15
    Calorie deficit- a small one. Was very active and smashed my move goal so I thought I felt more hungry at dinner (probably just in my head). I ate a big salad then decided on some less than stellar carbs to finish off the night. Gotta get that stuff out of the house!

Carbs/protein- carbs could have been better but protein was great.

My girlfriend is starting up her annual weight loss challenge next month so that will force me to be competitive and forgo the snacking and carby fun I’ve been indulging in.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (12/15):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- 50 g net carbs and 108 g protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, about 13K steps, household chores, some intentional walk breaks when at the office, and then an evening walk that I needed to get my Move circle closed.

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, strength training day.

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes, but the being tired/sleep issues continue.

In other news, I had a Christmas tree disaster over the weekend (it fell over). Got a better stand and started over, and now it's all finished and looks nice. I haven't put any lights on the outside of the house yet (normally I just loop lights around the porch and stair railings), but we do have snow as of today, so that looks Christmasy (actually hoping it melts by my planned run tomorrow, but the temperature prediction makes that iffy).
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/15

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅ (c25k) (w4d2)
    CW:179.2 (*Yippee!)
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    12/15

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅ (c25k) (w4d2)
    CW:179.2 (*Yippee!)

Seems you are having a much better week @Mrs_Hoffer :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,808 Member
    Options
    12/15 & 12/16 no working out these days due to feeling nauseous light headed and just plain blah ...hoping to get my walks in soon
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Better energy today thanks to sleep, though still lagging a little.

Food all good, two walks, cos I needed extra cals after dinner to make my 750 deficit :lol:
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (12/16):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- I was at only 50 g net carbs the day before, but up again to 78 g net yesterday. Given how things I've been going, I think I'm not going to bother trying to get lower before Jan (going lower could be a fun Jan experiment), although may have the lower day from time to time. 87 g protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, over 11K steps, about half due to an evening walk.

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, 45 mins on the bike trainer.

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes.

Today's plan is to do some strength training and run. A bit worried about the snow as this will be my first time this year running in it, but the sidewalks didn't seem too slippery based on my walk last night.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »

Seems you are having a much better week @Mrs_Hoffer :)

Thanks @Nony_Mouse I am! What a difference a week can make when you stay home and eat according to your PLAN instead of going to people's house for dinners and christmas party dinners. LOL. It sounds like YOU caught up a little on your sleep.... glad you are getting your energy back. Sleep makes a big difference too. I'm a morning person, so I always go to bed pretty early (compared to most)!

12/16

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅✅ - 60 mins on the treadmill
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅✅ 20 mins yoga in the morning
    CW:179.2 (*Yippee!) :smiley:
  • taylok23
    Options
    12/16
    Calorie deficit 👍🏻However I did do some comparisons of calculators and there is a good swing in what constitutes a deficit for me and it’s lower than what I shoot for. I’m wondering if I need to adjust my activity level as I sit for work but exercise daily so I’ve chosen light activity. That puts me in the 1100-1300 or so calories to lose-UGH.

Carbs/protein 👍🏻Good day!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Christmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.png
    12/16:
    exercise: :innocent: Did resistance bands for strength b/c I did not want to lug my weights up from the basement (I wasn't feeling sucking up the coldness) and me being my coordinated self...well the band slipped off my foot and smacked me in the face. :joy: No wounds. But yeah, I was pissed. Oh well. :lol:
    Christmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.pngChristmas-Gift-Box-icon.png
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    12/16:
    exercise: :innocent: Did resistance bands for strength b/c I did not want to lug my weights up from the basement (I wasn't feeling sucking up the coldness) and me being my coordinated self...well the band slipped off my foot and smacked me in the face. :joy: No wounds. But yeah, I was pissed. Oh well. :lol:

Oh I HATE when that happens... always when I do a strengthening exercise for my golf/tennis elbow

Been swipey-free so putting a new Libre sensor on Sunday. Picked up some writing work for 4 days (starting Sunday) so hopefully can fit in training and will be checking in next week.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,591 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    12/14-12/17
    Haven't been logging faithfully but still being mindful.
    30 min strength class Monday then 3+ hours shoveling yesterday (making up for couch days Tue/Wed). We got about 30" of snow Wed night into Thur. I will get that snow workout again today since we still aren't finished clearing the driveway. My car is buried. Here is my camper, also buried.
    jw1cx01319wp.png

• taylok23
    Options
    12/17:
    Let’s just call this a ‘flex’ day and move on...
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    WOW @tishsmith101 THATS alot of snow!! And quite a workout shoveling too! Most people don't realize how much of a workout that really is. Be careful and PACE yourself my friend!

12/17

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅✅✅ - yes. c25k on the treadmill plus extra mins walking.
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅✅✅ 15 mins yoga in the morning and 105 mins giving massages in the evening.
    CW:179.2 (*Yippee!):smiley:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,808 Member
    Options
    12/17 food is on point ... loss 2.1 lbs this morning LTD 42 lbs... still no workouts...gonna take it easy this weekend and hoping I can get back to it soon
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    hzx54uvcy91t.png
    So far 8 days that I didn’t make perfect ⭕️. But perfect 9days! I’m ahead by 1 day. So I shall keep up and end the year ahead!!!!
This discussion has been closed.