Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    In.
    As we all know, it's been a nutty year. Eating has been okay, but fitness took a hit when we transitioned to working from home.
    I've been slowly been creating new fitness habits.
    Goals:
    10k steps a day
    Close all rings on Apple Watch every day this month, and get December award.
    Do at least one timed workout a day either treadmill, outdoor walk, or VR fitness.
    Eat slow carb every day.
    Don't let the discretionary calories creep up over break as they sometimes do (this includes wine).

Day 1, may have been over in calories, but the rest was spot on. I got about 11k steps, I did 2 timed workouts, one was a treadmill walk, one was Supernatural on VR. Slow carb, yep.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Christmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.png
    Welcome to the new folks!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Poor pupper! :disappointed:

It's my youngest daughter's 12th birthday. Most of her presents came just in time. She's elated. Snow still on the ground.

12/1:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: strength and a mile walk video to break steps out of sedentary for the day. Ended up with over 8k thanks to transporting packages all over the house to hide or bring back out for my oldest son to wrap. They were just all high maintenance. Which I guess is good for my health. :smirk:

Christmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.pngChristmas-Candy-Cane-icon.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    Welcome to the new folks!!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Poor pupper! :disappointed:

It's my youngest daughter's 12th birthday. Most of her presents came just in time. She's elated. Snow still on the ground.

12/1:
    exercise: :innocent: strength and a mile walk video to break steps out of sedentary for the day. Ended up with over 8k thanks to transporting packages all over the house to hide or bring back out for my oldest son to wrap. They were just all high maintenance. Which I guess is good for my health. :smirk:

Thanks ... He has always had problems with his ears (infections) this time his ear flopped over and was very swollen (she called it a cauliflower ear what wrestlers get ) ...he has to be in this stupid cone for 3 weeks ...on 2 steroids and 1 antibotic..Good thing I have a credit card just for the Vet... it is costing a pretty penny LOL
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Joining!

Goal is to stay active!
    Close circles on Apple Watch every day!
    Focus on keeping low carb!

With the snowstorm and cold weather, outdoor activities are pretty much not happening.
    Focusing on OTF and the TRX I bought for myself last month.
    And meal prepping is a thing now. I’m going to keep it up ✌🏼😆
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Well, the cherries are here :# Not in the supermarket yet, but there was a stall up at the village shops (I usually get my cherries at the stall pre-Christmas, then the supermarket later in the season once the price drops). I didn't go over to see how much they are (they will be hideously expensive currently). I will likely get a 1kg box for Christmas, it's a little tradition of mine, and some years literally the only Christmas thing I do.

Oh!! Big news - I snuck on into merely overweight today - huzzah!

Food good yesterday and today, though not quite hitting my full 750 cal deficit - 710 yesterday but will only hit around 500 today due to not much movement (super fatigued, though I did manage to pull out a 30 minute tortoise walk).
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Swipey (Libre sensor) drew me pretty pictures of mountain ranges yesterday despite normal low-carb options... which was... vexing.
    Settled down with a well-placed Metformin about half an hour before bed-time... Jardiance did not seem to make ANY difference at dinner time. And it's pretty solid strength so... that will make for a good chat with the GP.

Waiting for my cave-dwelling lodger to go to work, and then going to brave the Noah's ark type weather in Londinium just now to go suss out whether I stand a chance of getting a bus to the hospital tomorrow for the blood-letting.

Have to scoff my dinner by 8pm tonight... and MUST remember nothing until I get the blood test done on Friday morning.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/2
    Calories: another maintenance type day however my activity level may have given me that deficit I’d like more often.

Carbs/protein: protein was great but carbs too high (thanks, Saboteur!) so that is a focus today.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (12/2):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.
    (2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- bit low on protein.
    (3) Over 13K steps (goal 10K) and all rings closed.
    (4) Did planned workout (strength training plus 15 min bike trainer ride).
    (5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- check.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/02
    My December Goals: (12/01 - 12/05)
    Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day (*I've lowered this from last mo and NEED to do better on this one) ❌✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅✅
    Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW: 183.2
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)

Im in a weekly group challenge on fitbit with someone who I don't know who is really giving me a run for my money this week! Her profile says she "averages" 10k steps per day, and by Wed we (her and I) were already up to just under 60k !! No matter how many steps I get, when I check, she's 1500-2k ahead of me! Even overnight! Not sure how that is possible, but I'm becoming OBSESSED! Got 20k steps yesterday and am shooting for 30k today. I just (in the last 10 minutes) pulled ahead of her, but not by much. I'm heading back to the treadmill NOW! (This obsession can't be healthy -- not to mention that it's crackin my hubby up!!) :neutral:
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Ok. What obnoxious Christmas thing should I use today?
    Ah-hah! That's perfect!
    Christmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.png
    @weatherkin2019 Welcome! I'm in a similar place with weather this week. Stuck working out only inside. It should warm up, but then rain is going to roll in.

@rfsatar Hope your test goes well. Sorry about the wonky numbers.

@Nony_Mouse Cherries! Uh oh! :grimace: There are worse treats I suppose.

@taylok23 You know I'm feelin' you. We love our Saboteurs but :rage:

@Mrs_Hoffer :lol: That's a lot of steps.

12/2:
    exercise: :innocent:5.5 miles of Sansone vids

Christmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.pngChristmas-Bells-icon.png

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have upped my calories from 1660 to 1880(I had my exercise at sedentary so now I am lightly active) not sure if that is correct but I am going with it for now ... lowered my carbs 20%...fat and protein at 40%....Come Jan. I am going back on IF and will be doing the 30 day shred along with walking (if I am not too sore ) Something needs to give ...I am tired of gaining gaining gaining ....Hopefully this will help :)

12/2 food was okay .... I did 90 minutes of aerobics
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I have never in my life not gained over the holidays. This year is going to be the first. I made up my mind. I have not gained any so far over Thanksgiving. I am eating treats but not Papa Bear portions. I am weighing every day. I love low carb, it works so good for me. My weight has been off for about 3 years. 40 lbs. dont want that back!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/3
    Calories😁 good day and I wasn’t too hungry. Went with a small lunch and sensible dinner with no snacking later in the day.

Carbs/protein- carbs were higher than I prefer but I can live with it and don’t feel achy. Protein was just shy of 100 grams. When I’m over that amount during the day, I feel more satisfied.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    12/3 Calories low today 1200 something.... Walked 10.26 miles ...My hips hurt and my feet hurt..came home and crashed for a few hours
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Excellent food day, managed to make up a bit of the deficit shortfall, though it's unlikely I'll fully catch up. No walk today as I was relatively active (for me) between work and grocery shopping after work, and I don't want to push things with how up and down my energy has been. Wandered over to the cherry stall, had a sample one, and laughed at the insane price. My current lack of money will more than ensure I won't be getting any in the next couple of weeks.

@baconslave while there certainly are worse treats then cherries, I am that person who can polish off an entire kilo without blinking :lol: (though I am also perfectly capable of diligently weighing out my 100g a day).
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Obviously slept A LOT on Swipey - tons of lows through the night, which just shows me how much I toss and turn and sleep on both sides in the night! All the more reason not to rush for the new Libre 2... although the alarms when I go high would be more useful I think. But for now I am happy using the Libre 1 and don't really need CGM as a controlled (sometimes) T2.

Swipey was: 6.8 ↗️ this morning, and I lay in bed for a good hour and a half before I had to get up, only because my body then craves either coffee or expects a work-out and as I can only have water... I figured... lying in bed watching BBC Breakfast was a far better option!

Been a light week work-out-wise as I had other stuff to deal with this week, so back at it next week on the first Monday of the new month. And I figure with two rounds of golf this weekend, I will be walking quite a few miles on Sat and Sun lugging my trolley round, and it shows that lockdown has affected my brain when I am stupidly excited to be trying out a new boot cover I bought to stop the Mini from getting so muddy at this time of year when I out my trolley back in after a round in the winter. Yes, I know - I need to get out more.

• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/03
    My December Goals: (12/01 - 12/05)
    Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day (*NEED to do better on this one) ❌✅❌
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅✅✅ (Did Pilates today)
    Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW: 183.2
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)

In my workweek hustle group challenge on fitbit, I got 30,081 steps yesterday, so I'm currently almost 10k steps ahead of the factory worker girl who's on her feet all day long! Woot! Dont think I have another 30k in me for today, but I'm gonna strive for 20k today. (Glad it's Friday and this is over tonight!)

@brenn24179 - I too have ALWAYS gained over the holidays. I'm excited about this year and being able to STAY ON TRACK. I gained 1.5lbs at Thanksgiving and lost it (and more) within 1 week…. I'm hoping to be able to do similar this month. Although for me, this month my overeating is SEVERAL days throughout the month, not just on one day! Lol. But WE CAN DO THIS!!

@enelid - that's AWESOME that you've been able to reduce your time that much!! Wowsa! Way to go!!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - 10+ miles walked! SUPER NICE!! My outside walks usually average around 7 miles in decent weather. Big Kudos to YOU! I need to check my settings to make sure, but I think I'm sitting at lightly active as well.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (12/3):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.
    (2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- check.
    (3) About 12K steps (goal 10K) and all rings closed.
    (4) Did planned workout (30 min run -- just focusing on building up time/week now).
    (5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- check.

My downstairs heat is out (I do have a furnace upstairs -- this is a common thing here, for energy efficiency or something, and I am grateful for that), and the new downstairs furnace is not coming until Tuesday. Other than running, I workout in the basement, so I guess this will be added incentive to work hard enough to stay warm. (I also guess I'm not decorating the tree until next weekend, although I will likely get it this weekend still.)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    12/2-12/3
    Aerobics and indoor bike, 30 min each
    Carbs on target or on target
    Forgot to do my strength training yesterday-boo

Figured out why my feet hurt so much while walking. Robbed Peter to pay Paul, moved the gel inserts from my sneakers to my bowling shoes. Had an extra pair from when I used up my FSA dollars so I'm all set now.
This discussion has been closed.