Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    7/12

Swipey the Libre sensor said 7.2 ➡️ this morning - still in the green and a restless night because my knees were painful as heck after two rounds of golf in the weekend.
    Reaction to a more carby than usual supper having not eaten since the morning, and a cherry wheat beer so I can't say I am shocked at the number, but I set my Libre to a normal person's range and so long as I am in the green for my average daily patterns, then that is all good in the diabetes hood.

Exercise: ✅ I made myself do the treadmill sessions as my knees benefited from the magic properties of neoprene soft supports when I got back from golf, and overnight.
    Logging: ✅ Coming in <100g of carbs for today.

Happy Monday (Twistin' my melon man...) to you all....

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Yesterday (12/6):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.
    (2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- check (70 g net carbs (101 g total) and 87 g protein).
    (3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check.
    (4) Did planned workout -- check (35 min run plus 20 min on bike trainer, felt good).
    (5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- check.

Today is my birthday. Seems kind of anti-climatic among everything else going on, but figured it's worth noting!
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Ugh, I forgot one can't edit in groups -- "through the night," not "though the nice." ;-)

I brought this up to Alex in the end of Oct as the #1 improvement in Groups function. I don't know what they did to it to make it not edit...but I often post before coffee so I need that functionality back.

You CAN edit your post within 1 hour after posting. You have to click on the date/time in the lower left of your comment box.... then a little "settings" wheel appears in the upper right corner of your post box. If you click on it, then the box re-opens and you can edit it. I've done this before from my laptop, but never tried it from the phone.

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks so much! Game-changer. ;-)
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/4-12/6
    Calorie deficit- while I ate more than my target deficit each of these days, based on my activity I should have had a small deficit but not as much as I’d like. It is very hard for me to hit 1500 calories a day with as much exercise as I get. Which then lands me in maintenance-land.

Carbs/ protein: protein was good 2 of 3 days and carbs were higher than I prefer. But I didn’t feel bloated and achy. Room for improvement for sure.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    Ugh, I forgot one can't edit in groups -- "through the night," not "though the nice." ;-)

I brought this up to Alex in the end of Oct as the #1 improvement in Groups function. I don't know what they did to it to make it not edit...but I often post before coffee so I need that functionality back.

You CAN edit your post within 1 hour after posting. You have to click on the date/time in the lower left of your comment box.... then a little "settings" wheel appears in the upper right corner of your post box. If you click on it, then the box re-opens and you can edit it. I've done this before from my laptop, but never tried it from the phone.

Wow, I had no idea. Thanks so much! Game-changer. ;-)

See I didn't know if it still worked for the rank-n-file. They had messed with something so those with Leader privileges couldn't edit their posts. They put in the apparatus it looks like for Mods but never made it actually work, so all it did was basically take away our ability to edit. Our Gear went to something else that did nothing. Now it sometimes works for me it seems. This must be a very recent change. I have to refresh the page once or twice and then click the Gear 2.5-4.75 times and then the Edit finally pops up. :neutral: Better than nothing. It had been not working for several months.

2nd edit: it appears (on Chrome) if I click right of the Gear (clearly not where you are supposed to click to make interwebz doohickeys work) then it works right now. :joy::joy::joy: The joys of MFP functionality.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,805 Member
    Options
    12/5 & 12/6 Food on point .......Took the entire weekend off from walking (my foot without the screw in it has been bothering me along with my hips (hip dysplasia ) ....German Shepherd has an appt. this morning and I have to sedate him before going...then he goes back on the 21st to hopefully have the drain in his ear taken out and I hope he can lose the cone because those things hurts when he runs into you .... he has managed to break 2 of them so he looks more like an egg or tear drop with lots of duct tape because I am not buying another one LOL
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat2 Happy Birthday!

12/4-12/6
    Carbs and cal within limits
    30 Strength and 30 min on bike trainer Fri
    30 min walking Sat
    90 min bowling last night

Back to work after 10 days off in a row. Took me a while to go through email and remember where I left off on my project before Thanksgiving.

Winter dryness is creeping in. My skin feels so rough and eyes are sorta itchy. Time for ltion and eye drops :smile:
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Thanks!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Okay. Apparently I'm unable to be successful with two simultaneous goals, so I've chosen to zero in on food since I do believe that, for me, weight loss happens primarily in the kitchen.
    So far so good.
    After the first self sabotage weekend, i've settled in to an excellent stride with the food program. I got a food order in with a few more varieties of meals and am doing well with that. I was lucky, because they forgot the free samples this time, so no issues there!
    Still avoiding the scale, but I know that my midsection is smaller. Not sure whether weighing is helpful or hurtful at this time, but sooner or later, I'll bite the bullet and get an actual number. For now, feeling smaller feels good.
    Awesome.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    @rfsatar - a hug for the excellent happy Mondays reference!

@lemurcat2 - happy birthday :flowerforyou:
  • al4374
    al4374 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Checking in. Saturday I was over carbs but I made some good choices in terms of picking and choosing which things I’d like to indulge in as opposed to my usual eat-all-the-things. I also planned beforehand to prep a plate of fresh veggies for my munchiest time of day so that was a win.
    Sunday was awesome in terms of carbs and calories though I’m not really trying to limit cals. Logging everything for data purposes with carbs the only limit.
    Monday ain’t over yet but so far so good
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    12/07
    My December Goals: (12/06 - 12/12)
    Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅❌
    <50g net carbs per day (*NEED to do better on this one) ✅❌
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ❌❌
    Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW: 182.9
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)

@lemurcat2 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Hubby and I had dinner with friends tonight and she made lasagna!! Ugh! I tried to not eat the pasta (not LC and not GF), but it was very difficult. People just don't understand how hard it is to stay on your goals.... she had garlic toast (which I was able to pass up) and homemade christmas cookies with homemade ice cream (which I was able to pass up). I'm very upset because even though I tried to eat mostly salad and the meat sauce on the lasagna, I still went over my calorie and carb goal. Then to make it worse, we didn't get home until almost 9pm so I was back downstairs on the treadmill when we got home to try to burn off SOMETHING. Ugh.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Another good day for me, though a bit more fatigued than yesterday. Still got just under 7000 steps though, including a gentle afternoon stroll. Food all on point and three for three this week on daily deficit goal.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    8/12
    Swipey a lot better behaved this morning coming in at 6.1 ➡️

Exercise: Spin-Bike ✅
    Logging: ✅ <150g today and I freely admit that I would consider today as a Lower-Carb day and under my absolute upper limit of 150g, rather than under 100g which I would consider a decent LC day.

I have tried to find a LC alternative for Japanese Okonomiyaki pancakes and have failed miserably! So instead I try and use Spelt flour which is slightly less processed (and organic, this stupidly expensive!) and I use less of it than I used to, but it does make for a bit of a jump in today's carb tally.

• lemurcat2
    Options
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes!

Yesterday (12/7):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check, cals were okay even with the praline cookie I'd been saving for my birthday.
    (2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- close, bit high on carbs (87 net) but not much, protein was at 98.
    (3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check.
    (4) Did planned workout -- check (30 min bike trainer, plus 45 min evening walk (partially to scope out the place I'm planning to get a tree from tonight).

Excited, since the furnace guy is here, so at some point my basement and 1st floor heat should be restored. My sister is coming over tonight for dinner and to help decorate the tree. We are ordering food from this Persian place that has options that fit my plan (so long as I don't go nuts on pita or rice -- I probably won't have pita and only a little rice), but I will plan lunch with this in mind, also.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    @rfsatar have you tried replacing the flour with unflavored whey protein powder? That might work.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/7
    Calories- pretty good day in managing calories. Work was busy so that added a level of distraction but I did have a snack mid afternoon that I didn’t really need. At least I kept it small.

Carbs/protein- good day on protein but the carbs were on the high side. Ideally I would shoot for about half of what I had. Still no aching joints afterwards so that is a bonus.

Now to complain a bit...my Apple Watch is starting to seem off with pace, distance and calorie burn in the last week or so. I know there is a level of inaccuracies with these devices but I still find the swings annoying. I’m also feeling like there are days where a calorie goal of 1500 is low for me so I’m going to recalculate using a few calculators to see where on average I fall to lose. I’ve definitely gotten in better shape in the last year so losing is much harder. Or maybe I just need to be comfortable with less food which also is a struggle. Things to consider...
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan, Mrs_Hoffer!

Yesterday (12/8):

(1) Logged and under goal -- I didn't log. For various reasons relating to having to change where I was getting the tree -- church lot had sold out, first Home Depot was picked over, second was good -- as well as the furnace guy being there later than anticipated, we started our evening festivities later than expected. I still ate (mostly) as planned and so I think I was in cals, but I was tired by the time I had a chance to log and it would have been a rough estimate anyway, so I didn't bother. Not too worried about this, as I lost a lot of weight before despite occasional restaurant or potluck meals where I didn't log or estimated a round 1000.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs and at least 85 g protein -- since I didn't log, I don't know, but I expect I was around that on carbs and over on protein (which is good), since I ate a low carb and cal lunch to prepare, and both meals had a good amount of protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, even though I didn't get my planned run in. I was at 13K around 7 pm when, for some reason, the watch decided to run out of batteries earlier than usual. After that there were a good many more steps related to the tree and decorating generally.

(4) Did planned workout -- part of it. I did my 60 mins of strength training and stretching, but for various reasons did not manage to go out for my 30 min run. I am not worried about this as my exercise goals are for the week and yesterday was unpleasantly cold (due to wind), while today and tomorrow will be nice. So I'll do yesterday's run today and then keep the one planned for tomorrow in place. The weather wasn't the reason I didn't manage the run, but probably played a factor in why I put it off and put myself in a situation where I couldn't fit it in, so I have to work on that. The weather is going to get a lot worse as winter goes on.

This discussion has been closed.