Santa Sprint 2020 Challenge

Options

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of snow, tishsmith! We've had barely any this year -- it snowed a bit earlier this week, but not much and it didn't stick.

Yesterday (12/17):

(1) Logged and under goal -- check.

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- I was on track but after dinner I had extra cals and decided to eat this delicious-looking chocolate from a local sweets place (part of an Advent package to support local businesses) instead of cottage cheese+cheddar (which has been my after dinner snack the past two nights). So I ended up at 92 g net carbs and 78 g protein, which as far as I'm concerned is fine, given how much I enjoyed the chocolate and that I'll be back to my usual numbers today.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, over 11K steps (I had a more active day than this indicates, but not so step-focused).

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, strength-training plus a 30-min run and then a cool-down session on the bike trainer.

(5) Morning meditation/evening journal -- yes.

Today is mostly a rest day, although I need to at least get in my steps and rings.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Yesterday (12/18):

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- 73 g net carbs, 107 g protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, over 12K steps, but getting the move ring closed required some last minute efforts (occasionally it's hard to balance my current move goal and a rest day, but I have a streak beginning on 11/25 that I am committed to keeping going through the end of the year).

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, 20-min session on the bike trainer (timing issues or it would have been longer) plus a walk.

Running day today, and it looks to be another pretty nice day for December. Going to plan my cooking through Christmas today too.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Gawd, I haven't checked in for days!

Still a bit on the struggle bus. I can only conclude that it's a result of housework on Tuesday for inspection, and then that terrible night's sleep. Got a good sleep the following night, but it's been less stellar since (this is one of the fun Catch 22s of ME - sleep is worse when you're more symptomatic, which then make s you even more symptomatic...). Weight has also bounced up a bit/stalled. Possibly hormones (I'm into the progesterone phase of my HRT, I swear at the start of the year that used to make me drop weight), but I think I'm also starting to see a connection between lower energy days, and scale loss stalling. I need to track that better.

Food and deficit have been good despite the above though, achieved my average 750 daily deficit for the week.

I'm contemplating sucking it up and having a total rest day today to see if I can get over this hump. Then I can power through the last four days of the work year and be on holiday (I may do some work at home during the break, weather dependent). Even though I'm off work a lot, it's not the same as being on holiday, so I'm really looking forward to it.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    12/18
    My December Goals: (12/13 - 12/19)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅✅✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅✅✅✅ 10 mins on rebounder, 15 mins yoga, 30 mins giving massage
    Weight Goal: to lose 9 lbs in Dec.
    SW: (12/01) 184.7
    CW:179.2 (*Yippee!):smiley:
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Total rest day was a thing, along with close to maintenance cals, once I have my protein shake (figured no point in a ~100 cal deficit and may as well get close to my minimum protein. Extra cals courtesy of my cherry liqueur chocolates. So highest carb day since mid October (but still only 87 net :lol:). Hopefully this gets me back to that lovely energy I had the other week!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/19
    My December Goals: (12/13 - 12/19)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅✅✅✅✅❌
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅✅✅✅✅❌
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ✅✅✅✅✅✅❌
    40 mins walking ✅✅✅✅✅✅✅
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ✅❌✅✅✅✅❌ 10 mins on rebounder, 15 mins yoga, 30 mins giving massage
    GW: (12/25) 175.0 - (My first mini goal is to weigh in at 175 on Christmas Day 2020)

Gosh, where is everybody???? :smiley:

Yesterday I went thrift store shopping with a friend (lots of walking), and of course we ate lunch "out". I had a bison burger without a bun, and cole slaw. Then for dinner at my son's (we had our christmas together), and I had a stuffed green pepper (stuff with ground beef and rice). So I went over on my cals (not by much) and my carbs. It was a nice day and I'm happy because I didn't blow it too bad. Lol. Oh, and I'm "re-gifting" the bottle of wine that I got in the gift exchange! Is that bad? Lol.
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    Yesterday (12/19):

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- 76 g net carbs, 97 g protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check, almost 13K steps.

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, slightly more than a 30-min run plus a leisurely walk.

Feeling annoyingly unmotivated today and so haven't managed to get to a few things I had planned to do this afternoon, and for some reason my neck and shoulder on one side are bugging me a bit. I did finish up some last minute Christmas-present-related stuff, and am currently about to go do my biking and then make chili (with ground beef and winter squash, among other ingredients).

My long-sleeved tee-shirt for the virtual race I'm planning to do on New Years came yesterday, so that's fun.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/20
    My December Goals: (12/20 - 12/26)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅
    13k steps every day (I've raised this from 10k last month) ❌ (Planned total REST day today)
    40 mins walking ❌ (REST DAY)
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ❌ (REST DAY).

Getting ready to PUSH HARD this week as I have 4 pounds to go to reach my mini goal by FRIDAY - CHRISTMAS! :blush:
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    21/12
    NEW SWIPEY! Sensor went on late Sunday and was a 5.7 ➡️ this morning.
    Today was close-out a full C25K session where it was 5min Warm up, and intervals of 1m30s run and walk and then 3m run and walk... and I did it! And what gave me more joy (apart from waking up the cave-dwelling lodger because I have a very rare 4 days of paid writing this week so needed to get this done, and knees iced in good time) is that my knees came through it fine. I was more out of puff than anything else.

In the Lower-Carb echelons today coming in <150g but I need to eat quickly and on the hoof for the next three days of work as I can't spend time cooking when doing live match-reporting.

Tier changes in the UK mean that I can at least see HALF my family on Christmas Day as we are all in Tier 4 and they are my support bubble. But sadly no joy for the other side of the family as they are two combined household/bubbles for Christmas and even if they come for a walk in Richmond Park, I can only mix outside with one person from one additional household... so it will have to be zoom and alcohol.

• taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/19-12/20
    Higher carb and low protein days for the past two. Those darn weekends throw me off. Now I’m on vacation for two weeks so my days will be free and at jeopardy to snack at will. This HAS to be a focus. Body is feeling stiff so after weights I may need some stretching rather than a jog today.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    12/20 Food was on point and my daughter and I walked Aspen the husky 6.02 miles ...12/21 Today we take Dakota to the Vet.. I am praying the cone of shame comes off and then we will come home and go for a walk :)
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Options
    12/21
    My December Goals: (12/20 - 12/26)

Stay under my calorie goal every day (of course, track every.single.thing) ✅✅
    <50g net carbs per day ✅✅
    15k steps every day (I'm raising this through the end of the year!❌✅
    40 mins walking ❌✅ 40 mins on the treadmill
    20 mins some other exercise (other than walking!) ❌✅ 20 mins on the mini trampoline.

PUSHING HARD this week as I have 4 pounds to go to reach my mini goal by FRIDAY - CHRISTMAS!:blush:

Went to a christmas luncheon today and did well - I got a large salad. And my co-worker (of course!) gave out tins of homemade christmas cookies as gifts to everyone. Argghh! I just RE-GIFTED the last box of christmas cookies that I got..... and this box will go to my son and DIL when I go over there to open gifts with them on Wednesday! :smiley:
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    22/12
    Swipey 4.6 ➡️
    Having felt so chuffed with my run on Monday.. In the rush to get prepped for work covering a tournament, I forgot to put Osteoflex on them after icing and a shower and was zonked last night - woke up in agony so no Spin bike today and icing them as I type.
    In fact probably going to give them two days to settle down and also means I am not in such a rush to get prepped for today and tomorrow and I can do the bike on Christmas Eve and maybe (hahaha) Cardio Boxing on Boxing Day... how apt!

• lemurcat2
    Options
    Yesterday and the day before (12/20-21):

(2) Eat 80ish g net carbs (maybe lower) and at least 85 g protein -- Sunday was 93 g net carbs and 91 g protein, Monday was 74 g net carbs and 93 g protein.

(3) Over 10K steps and all rings closed -- check.

(4) Did planned workout -- yes, bike trainer for 45 min on Sunday, plus a walk, and then some strength training and a 35 min run on Monday.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,961 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat2 I noticed you changed your profile pic. Oh my word your cats are gorgeous! We had a mostly marmalade fellow with a white chest a few years back. His mother was a stray who used our shed to have her kittens. He was the best cat. Sadly, he either found a new human who could let him live inside or got himself into trouble. But we had him for about 1.5 years. He was so friendly.

Anyway,

christmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.png
    12/21:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: nice long leg-stretcher walk

I'm supposed to do strength today, but the weather is supposed to turn rainy Xmas Eve and sub-freezing on Xmas day and the day after so I'm probably going to hoof it again today in the sunshine while I can.
    In a bit I have to do a bunch of baking. I told Dad I'd do some of Mom's traditional baking like she used to. She's make a bunch of varieties of things she only made at Christmas and make up goody platters for folks. So I'm doing that for Dad this year for some nostalgia, but it's a lot of dang work. I can't procrastinate on that any longer. I have a family I'm supposed to drive-by treats to tomorrow.
    christmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.pngchristmas-tree-icon.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    12/21 Food was on point and we walked with Aspen 5.79 miles ... Dakota has the cone of shame off thank goodness ....he still has mild ear infections in both ears ... I have to put medicine using a syringe in his ears daily (which is going to be a pain) Vet said I could sedate him daily (which I do not want to do ) ughhh but it felt good for me to sleep through the night since Dakota was back in his kennel :)
  • lemurcat2
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    @lemurcat2 I noticed you changed your profile pic. Oh my word your cats are gorgeous! We had a mostly marmalade fellow with a white chest a few years back. His mother was a stray who used our shed to have her kittens. He was the best cat. Sadly, he either found a new human who could let him live inside or got himself into trouble. But we had him for about 1.5 years. He was so friendly.

Thanks! I figured I'd go with the Christmas-themed one for now.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    12/21-12/22
    Calories haven’t been awful but could be better. Carbs were up and down the last two days- sweets and veggies drive them up. Protein was also a good and less good day. Staying active to balance those goodies until they get out of the house and I make it to the new year. I’m giving myself a break mentally until I’m back to work then it will be all business!
This discussion has been closed.