Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,028 Member
    Options
    You know how I keep asserting that I don't like desserts? Well, scratch that. I daren't post pictures or any information on the awesome dessert that my husband made today as a trial run for Christmas Eve, otherwise I'd be accused of trying to torture you all! Suffice it to say that it was out of this world. (Just as well, really, as it was 567 calories a serving).
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,739 Member
    Options
    Go Alexandra!!!!

Brunch was three egg white veggie frittatas at 210 Cal

Super high cal (got suckered by the low calories of the cod right next to it and by the fact that they were both on sale) pesto crusted Atlantic salmon in its own ready to bake tray..... 900 calories for the two--not humongous-- pieces in the tray.... sitting there ready to go.

Still trying to come up with sides.

Can't pair with the yazu butter cod (420 Cal for the package of two pieces) because they have to be cooked at different temperatures :(
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken salad on a bed of greens tonight. Low fat mayo. Should have calories for some ice cream. Or maybe popcorn?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh well done!

Cute little packages of cod with "miso & yazu butter" over a mix of brown rice and riced medley of vegetables. Quite good actually.
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,669 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    93dthd4nka0l.jpg

Costco pack frozen and nuked

Performed one handed plus face assist for testing!!!😹

9b1nw5hdw72d.jpg

You did cost me 70 Cal 😂😘

I just saw this now...lol...these look amazing!!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    We had lean ground beef Pattie’s,roasted potatoes and mixed veggies last night…..tonight is my version of some sort of pot pie minus a crust lol
  • PAV8888
    edited December 2021
    Options
    well, I am starting to pull / put some stops seeing what is coming down the pike and where I'm at! Yikes! So.... onion, carrot, zucchini, can of pumpkin, red lentil/pea/chickpea soup was made. Maybe one day. Maybe two day?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    well, I am starting to pull / put some stops seeing what is coming down the pike and where I'm at! Yikes! So.... onion, carrot, zucchini, can of pumpkin, red lentil/pea/chickpea soup was made. Maybe one day. Maybe two day?

How is it? I've never added canned pumpkin to soup - but sounds like a great idea!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    If you hate pumpkin don't do it🙀 but if you love various squashes and pumpkin it is an excellent base for the soup👍 Provides body and thickens and it also fills your tummy ❣️
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I really like pumpkin. It is a pain to deal with fresh - but I have an electric can opener :D
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    How is your walking coming along, PAV? Leg feeling better?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Pumpkin belongs in pie, and maybe bread or muffins….
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Missed you, Connie. :)
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Missed you, Connie. :)

I have my moments lol
  • PAV8888
    Options
    walking was coming along FINE TILL we hit -18 to -20 and *kittens* snowing.
    Now... it's frozen... :rage:
    Bike arrived... woooohoooo..... i am leaving saturday (well, I will be back, there's that).

Connie... expand your HORIZONS! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    PAV, I would be so disappointed if Connie expanded her horizons so much that she didn't comment on weird food combinations :D

-18 -20 - brrrrrrrr

Glad the bike finally arrived. Does it hold a reasonable amount of laundry?
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I might have to resign... anyway, just glad I'm running away! Currently -24C, feels like -32. (Just -11/-25 in F)

I just finished putting it together and hanging a nice pair of pants😹
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Resign?
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Resign?
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Dinner tonight. My favourite kind of veggie sausage (Yves Harissa Mediterranean) and some veggie and white bean stew from the freezer.

Unless of course PAV tells us that he is resigning from us. Then all hell will break loose and the hamsters will have a field day. :(