Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Options
    Where does PAV think he is going to get away from us lovely ladies?…..we are having some kind of meat pattie, baked potatoes and green beans….I can’t deal with anything complicated today!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,690 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    We are visiting some very nice friends who are annoyingly putting together a combo pre Christmas pre birthday party. The 🐹 are already 🙀🤯🤔 since I'm bringing 600g of haloomi cheese sticks and a 700g coffee infused cake.... and there's only 5 people... and that's what we're bringing.... they're already providing food!!!!🙀
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,654 Member
    Options
    Tis the season :)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Fa La La La OY! Honestly I’m looking forward to all the gym membership ads, diet food programs and sales on low cal food starting January 1. Being bombarded by advertisements is a good reminder that the holidays are OVER. Just trying to get through the next two weeks without major damage.
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Dec. 28 is “D- Day “ for me to start back up completely!….D-Day= diet day!
  • Yoolypr
    Options

We had homemade suppli al telefono for lunch and burritos for dinner. Plus a homemade cheese scone for elevenses and two Border Dark Chocolate Gingers for supper, which are the world's best biscuits and what I used to woo my husband all those years ago. The biscuits combined with my womanly wiles made me irresistible. Heh heh.

So many things to check out online. Elevenses? Border Dark Chocolate Gingers - guessing that’s a type of what we call a cookie? Suppli Al Telefono? Burritos I know! Many new and exotic things to learn about.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    My birthday dinner (turned 50 today) was taco salad. But we went out and I had chicken fried steak and eggs and potatoes and pancakes. Not a whole order of any of it but some of it all. I waited until later to eat dinner because I was still full. Oof. Glad I don't do that a lot. I'm anticipating a scale jump, since I ate out, and I don't use nearly as much salt as restaurants do.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Very Happy Birthday 🎁🎂🎈 Alexandra!!!
  • conniewilkins56
    Options
    Happy Birthday!…..Lordy I wish I was 50!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Alexandra. Sounds like you managed that meal out perfectly - a little of everything good. Congratulations.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Wow, Bella. What a delicious day you shared with that lucky man. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Well happy anniversary and happy birthday respectively!

As is obvious with you ladies us poor guys never stand a chance once you decide on conquering us❣️

Everyone seems to have managed better than hitting a yearly high intake! I guess every group needs a lagging hamster 🙀🤷🏻‍♂️
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Chicken noodle soup (large) and a Tim homestyle biscuit.... so just about 500 Cal.

One hour delay of first flight... currently matched by one hour delay of second, keeping the one hour interval for soup intact!👍
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    It’s actually cold here today. Highs around 45. So we’re heading to the local Vietnamese restaurant for a big bowls of Pho.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I love Pho... but wondering how well they can do in Texas when it's too cold outside? Then again air-con can get cold, right?!?!? :smiley:
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    We have quite a large Vietnamese population with great restaurants. So pho is on the menu summer and winter. Had a giant vegetarian tofu pho today. Somehow it’s just tastier on a cold day! I was raised in the old days when there were seasonal foods. Soup was cold weather food. Things like potato salad was definitely summer food. Here in Texas BBQ is everyday food. 😋
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I picked up some noodles with plans for pho this week with The Boy. I agree, Yooly, soup feels like cold weather food to me too (thought I eat it year round - it is best in winter) and potato salad is for those hot summer days! BBQ I haven't really done in a very long time...though you can grill veggies - it just doesn't seem worth having the big hulking peice of metal in the back yard without the beef!

I'm going to skip my "dinner tonight" except to note that I made myself eat a couple of boiled eggs (topped (no - buried) in picked onions so that I wouldn't taste them) before I ate junk.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Had chorizo with poached eggs and a slice of dry rye and a dutch pannekoek with blackstrap molasses. <-- that was the GOOD stuff--in the morning! :smile:

The rest of the day... well, highly available christmas cookies (more than 150g) and high(er) end chocolates (more than 330g)... good tasting? Yes. Calories? YIKES. :anguished:

And yes... there's still chocolates in the box. :hushed:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Oh those cookies and chocolates.

I thought I was past Christmas - we had our family gathering/treats/feasts/sleepovers this weekend because son/daughter-in-law/grandson were going east to Newfoundland this week to stay with daughter-in-law's family.

Kinda went all out/thinking I would get back to reality this week.

Turns out the trip has been cancelled because of COVID.

My mind is not ready for another Christmas.

This week is going to be a challenge. I was all set to regain discipline/work/exercise/read.

Freakin' pandemic.