Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Options

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,640 Member
    Options
    Sounds extraordinary, Athijade! You pulled yourself together with some force :)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,654 Member
    Options
    Superstor has ruby and gold gem 5lb bag up at $9 now. Less 10% if "insider". Used to be 2x small bag
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 2,853 Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Good for you Athijade! Sounds like you’re on the mend and doing some smart eating too. 👍
  • Yoolypr
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Laurie- want you to know you’ll be in my thoughts next week. Celebrate your birthday.
    You’ll get through this.... stock the fridge with some ready to go meals.
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Thank you, Yooly. I am...the freezer will have lots of soup and shepherds pie :)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Are you either throwing a party or getting a party thrown for you?
  • lauriekallis
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I'm in the wonderful position of having multiple people taking me out for/serving me a celebratory dinner !!!
    Separately :)
    Only one will be deadly on the calorie front - Detroit style pizza at a Tiki Bar - which has to involve some kind of crazy drink. Two other dinners will be reasonable :) And one other will just be cake and tea. This is spread over a couple of weeks...starting this weekend...of course...who could do that all on one day?
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Turning 60 is a big deal! 🥳. Enjoy every minute of it. Calories be damned.... you’re not going to be celebrating every day or even a whole week. It’s spread out so just cut back the day before and after. It will all level out over time.

I’ve found that I physically can’t overindulge as much as I could in the past. I had an unfortunate binge day recently that I was sure would result in poundage. Nope.

I’ll bet you won’t be able to eat/drink as much as you could in the past. If you do, your body will remind you that you’re 60 now. Funny how that works!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Fingers crossed for that, Yooly. WHen I had the shoulder surgery all I wanted to eat for a few days was raw veggies and tea. Hopefully that will happen next week too. To balance out the silly days. Only one day will likely be over maintenance. That others I should be able to keep in check.
  • PAV8888
    Options
    I am soooo confused :lol:
    Why would I want to waste precious calories on DRINKS?!?!?!!? :blush:
    When I could use them on dessert instead! :wink:
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    It's my birthday, PAV. 60th. I get to have both!!!!!!!!!
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Yes - drinks my good man! And dessert. Because sometimes a woman needs to get a good buzz 🐝 on!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    And...its a TIKI BAR! :)
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Tiki bar! I don't drink for the most part (medical reasons) but Tiki Bars can be fun.

Hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration Laurie!

So the salmon bowl was good, but now I remember why I don't buy the frozen wild salmon. Texture was just off. I would rather get fresh fish (which I KNOW has been frozen for parasites but it's different), portion, and freeze myself. Just something about the bags of frozen salmon do not taste right to me, even though I get the tiplaia and branzino like that.

Next week I am going to do something similar, but I have some frozen falafel to use as my protein. That way to tzatziki and olives don't go to waste!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    I'm all in for your falafel bowls, Athijade!!!

I'm going on the hunt soon for alternate protein sources. I've been using a supplement - but I just don't like the idea of that or the veggie dogs. Nothing like a cancer diagnosis to scare you straight (ish) on the food front. Exceptions are fine - but I think for my standard daily menu foods it would feel better to be relying on "real" food.
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    Today we had oven fried boneless chicken, salad. And hubby’s grandmas potato salad. Warm potatoes, sliced mini cucumbers, thinly sliced red onion - splash of good olive oil and dash of oregano. Excellent and simple.
  • PAV8888
    edited March 2023
    Options
    All the good stuff in Texas 🤷‍♂️

mash with broccoli (cauli was better) and two slices of pizza on the road! 🙀
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Sounds delicious, Yooly!

But the broccoli would add some colour :)
  • Yoolypr
    Options
    I think today will be the last cold day until November so time to use the oven. So I’m making lasagna. I’ll try to keep the calories down by adding spinach, no meat, low fat mozzarella and part skim ricotta.
    Still it’s a fairly high calorie meal so portion control will be required. Hubby will be a happy man!
  • lauriekallis
    Options
    Hi calorie - but really dense and filling for a very long time! Not to mention how delicious it sounds.

Today I'm planning "light" meals - green soup with feta / cottage cheese with almonds & blueberries, a light little apple pie and tea :)

After two special meals yesterday and some wonderful cake - I can barely move today (a body hangover from the sugar and late meal) but it was delicious :)

Scale is up 3 pounds this morning - but I was well below maintenance so hopefully that is just the food still inside of me - plus all the water needed to process all the deepfried salty deliciousness of the corn fritter and smokey tofu drumsticks :)