Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    cool beans, er berries! lol
    yum!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    I took leftover fajita meat mixed with peppers and onions (we went out for Mexican Saturday) diced it up, added it to some sauteed mushrooms then scrambled it all with one egg and one white along with 1oz of reduced-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    I need to eat my pooberry box before it goes white and fuzzy! 🤯 So I guess pooberry yogurt today😎
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Tzatziki, 2% Greek Yogurt, reduced fat feta, cucumber, onion tomato, lettuce and chicken. Mixed up in a bowl.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    Giant salad today with about 2 oz. leftover rotisserie chicken. Lots of crunch and chewing!
  • Adventurista
    edited August 14
    qaitad3ett4t.jpg
    Yesterday & tonight... electric roaster dinner (cooked on patio to not warm house) - chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, bell peppers, cup of homemade stock for starter liquid, spiced. Served with blend broccoli, peas, green beans.
    w68z0xxtpw36.jpg
    Tomorrow batch grillup. Found bell peppers on sale again.
  • Yoolypr
    That sure beats my salad or yesterday’s Rice Krispies feast!

Lunch is usually my biggest meal. I’ve just been slapdash about food prep. Hubby makes our breakfast so that’s more balanced. If I don’t watch myself I would totally snack (not necessarily junk foods) ALL day long rather than sit down for a meal. Granola bar, nuts, cheese, snippets of leftovers, fruits, crackers. Unfortunately that often results in wayyyy more calories than my allowance.
  • Yoolypr
    t3nopki20nds.jpeg
    And this is why I have Rice Krispies for dinner!
  • Adventurista
    Brutal! Frozen krispies?

I get the snackage, i tend that way naturally except shared meals. It is still an effort to eat better (instead of m&m's type meals, lol) but i use a lot of convenience/easy choices.
  • Yoolypr
    Sometimes there’s snackage AND shared meal - not a good thing!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Today is " girl dinner" bariatric style, lol.

I had a Chai with milk this morning at work. This afternoon when I woke up, I had a Built Puff brownie batter protein bar and a two good yogurt cup, plus I'm haivng a Chai with milk now. For work tonight I iwk have a Chai with milk, a jack links beef steak stick, a babybel cheese and a fairlife chocolate protein milk.
  • Adventurista
    edited August 15
    Must be the day for it... had 3 cheesesticks, a clementine and a scoop of potato salad. All chilled. Oh, and iced tea, unsweetened.
  • PAV8888
    edited August 16
    With over 1750 Cal left for dinner I'm making a Mongolie grill dent!

Chicken instead of beef today for the meat and no noodles at all just veggies and the rice.

No oil or oil sauce added by myself, only ginger and garlic broths.

I do suspect their cooking "water" squirter has a tiny bit of oil and they are the ones who decide how much if any of it to use while cooking.

Good as always and a tad plentiful 🤣🤣🤣 and I definitely claim full bunnies for today!!!🤣

ejy3kn4a0nkm.jpg
  • Yoolypr
    That looks so good PAV!

My meal was less exciting but tasty - 1/2 roast beef sub with mustard and a side salad. Both purchased in the grocery store deli. Doing the calorie math was tricky but after hauling out the calculator it came to about 400 calories. Maybe a rice krispies and yogurt feast this evening?
  • PAV8888
    edited August 16
    Scale and calculators can be fun! 😎🤣

I was walking yesterday but I have to remember more often that I now have a scale in the car that I can just haul in with me!

(I put it there during the vanilla cone weight reconfirmation sampling this summer. Still coming up with 300 Cal average instead of the claimed 240 on their web page... still worth it for me! 🤣)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    t7hz07b0irsp.jpg

Egg roll in a bowl. Ground chicken and pork, white pepper and salt, garlic and ginger, baby Bella mushrooms, orange peppers, green and red cabbage, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce. Garnished with green onions.

A quarter of the large pan I made was like 11F, 12C and 28P
  • PAV8888
    Oh: dat one's pretty!
  • Adventurista
    All are pretty, now i want!! :D
  • PAV8888
    chicken dinner plate pretty 2!
  • PAV8888
    Subway meatball salad no additional dressing. Kept asking for extra red onion... did I get it? 😡