Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    cp8jn4vl8a1i.jpg

The great little local place (Papi's tacos) we ate at tonight called this chicken salad and it was the special tonight. $9.99 and it was perfect. I ate all the meat/avocado and probabky 1/3 of all the vegetables (sauteed peppers and onions, pico de gallo, lettuce and cilantro). I also had 7 fresh, hot, salty Tortilla Chips with a hot green tomatillo salsa.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    Yum! Beautiful.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Looks awesome! Yum!
  • PAV8888
    edited August 31
    Not 100% sure where this will go! But it was 2pm and I had only had coffee! Was ordered with extra onions! The "groomed" picture definitely look a LOT more tidy than the real life item! But it WAS tasty... and making itself feel "present"! :lol:

o2m6jg0sbwa5.jpg
    rcp9kr2ocgxs.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Last night we walked up to an in the beach seafood place (about 12-13 minute walk each way) .

I had grilled red Snapper with a couple French fries (they were underwhelming) and some coleslaw.
  • PAV8888
    The grilled snapper sounds good though!
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    My nephew is a professional photographer who does mainly food photos for ads and menus. The stories he tells about “grooming” food and food stylists! Thin separators between burger layers, tweezing sesame seeds, a little food coloring to amp the tomatoes and lettuce….. digging through cereal boxes for perfect flakes or raisins.
    Anyway 830 cals - wow 😮. That’s over half my allotted maintenance daily calories. Nothing is that wonderful.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Tonight... Waffle House after 2 rounds of mini golf. It was 8pm already and the restaurant we were planning on going to was another 0.6 miles past our condo (other direction from the mini golf) and the waffle House is right across from us, lol. So two scrambled eggs, "city" ham (7 carbs? Just why?) and half the extra crispy hashbrowns. Got a decaf coffee to go which I am nursing right now.
  • PAV8888
    I'm surprised your waffle place had a "reasonable" sized meal Nic!

Yooly... if only you knew the half of it in terms of the food massacres that happen down this way! Me thinks that, at least for now, this puppy plays closer to the 3K than the 1.5K league! So lots of room for stupid moves!:wink: How are you feeling?
    frzb3rfsc3bw.png

• nicsflyingcircus
    Well, like I said, I only ate half the hashbrowns and then I skipped both pieces of toast.
  • PAV8888
    Sorry Nic: was not criticizing. Just surprised. Even with hasbrowns and toast it sounded within the parameters of reasonable! Some of the breakfast places I've been to seem to be too much at times. Without the toast and with half the hash definitely not excessive. Hey. Just had an idea. Even if you don't qualify age wise, ***some*** restaurants will allow you to order from the seniors menu which is smaller in quantity! I know I've done it! 😎
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Even if you don't qualify age wise, ***some*** restaurants will allow you to order from the seniors menu which is smaller in quantity! I know I've done it! 😎

All depends on definition of “senior”. Some places it’s 50 yo. Or if your server is 18 or younger, anyone over 40 qualifies because you look mighty old to them.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    I asked. They were going to let me order off the kids/seniors menu, but it was only 1 (one!) egg.
  • Yoolypr
    I asked. They were going to let me order off the kids/seniors menu, but it was only 1 (one!) egg.

Maybe order the kid meal and a side order egg? Sometimes when eating out with hubby he gets an extra but shares with me.
  • PAV8888
    Wow! That was my exact reaction! I will take the seniors meal with one egg---plus two eggs poached soft on the side please!😎 Or share, of course, like you did. I mean the end result is the same. But the side thing works better when you're the only one there! 🤷‍♂️
  • Yoolypr
    Kung Pao chicken with brown rice at a small local place in Belltown - Seattle. Ate the whole thing cause breakfast and lunch were airline pretzels and I was hungry. It was waaay too much food, oil & salt. Not sorry!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    I chopped 4 chicken sausage meatballs into small bits, cooked up with 4oz of chopped white mushrooms. Made a sauce with plain tomato sauce, cottage cheese and parmesan, garlic salt and pepper all blended together smooth. Added my egg white noodles and had sausage and mushroom "pasta" with creamy, cheese red sauce.
  • PAV8888
    Huh Adventuresome.

Two tiny cookies 7g!🤯 Cadbury Chocolate 38g 🤷‍♂️ plain potato chips 56g😵‍💫 420g kale and bean soup 103g kimchi and 100g nongshim Kimchi noodle soup in 550g water discarding 20g of the dry noodles. And 643g of garden fresh cucumbers oh oh eaten with a 28g bag of Doritos. Pot of coffee a Tim tam and a bottle of coke Zero! 🤯🤯🤯😎 not sure what sort of random day this adds up to!!!! Fairly random! I think Greek yogurt with more cucumber for some protein later!!! And hours left to go!😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
  • PAV8888
    Egg white frittatas to the protein and calorie budget rescue!
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    Yum!