Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited July 31
    And salt... i blow past recommended limits unless i go scratch. We do use the deli chickens for convenience often (and save the pickings for brothmaking... a lot of salt in even the pickings.)

Even some of the uncooked chicken/turkey have added sodoum liquid... the non-injected tend to be way more expensive.

Affordability and convenience choices makes my efforts with sodium difficult. But figure it's a step better than takeout and other old favs...
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Yeah... some of the pre-cooked stuff out there really is out of line in terms of delivering value for the calories! Here's looking at you 280 Cal lemon meringue ramekins fit to become one point five, maybe max TWO spoonfuls!!!! :rage:
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    Air fryer chicken drumsticks, half a potato, salad, carrots, green beans. Not bad - lots of bunnies - and tasty 👅
  • PAV8888
    Hmmm that sounds good actually!
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Hmmm that sounds good actually!

It was excellent! And even better hubby did the cooking and clean up. 🩷
  • Adventurista
    Snackage, cheese & crackers, a fork speared chickendog.

Tuckered post-Costco restock.
  • PAV8888
    Costco restock sounds EXCITING! c'est quoi un chicken-dog? (don't cut and paste the question into the AI's: according to them you ate doggy food and any minute now they will insist that you ate the doggy and it became a chicken!!!!!!)
  • PAV8888
    Burger(s) teen burger for lunch; mcdouble for dinner. Blueberries being the only bunnies in the universe. Calories OK. The rest... meah.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Last night I made a peppercorn Pork Tenderloin, then I doctored up instant mashed potatoes with blended cottage cheese and Parmesan, and we had sauteed mushrooms on the side.
  • Yoolypr
    Teen burger? 🍔 is that Canadian for a junior burger?
  • Adventurista
    Haha... wonder what it does with babysit... :D

Hotdog always was a funny word, don't know origins, but tried to move away from sat fat, i think because most dogs were hurting my tummy.... i do much better with the ones made with chicken and the apple chicken ones are my fav flav
    -- although they lose their flav in an a soup or stew, unlike sausage or reg beef/pork hotdogs.
  • PAV8888
    Buddy (1.6oz i.e. 10:1 i.e. same size as reg meat at mcd) would be jr

Mama would still be one down from Teen! Same 3oz patty but Teen and Mozza have cheese, bacon, "veggies" added.

Uncle is single 5oz patty. Papa is 2x3oz and grandpa is 3x3oz.

Haven't heard about a great uncle yet---but there does exist a double buddy!!😎

Have coupons, of course, their price, imho, is insane otherwise.
  • Yoolypr
    Sadly no Buddy’s here. I see it’s owned by A&W - last A&W here closed years ago.

We do have In n Out, a California chain, that came to Austin about five years ago. Excellent burgers, fresh ingredients and impeccably clean. They have a limited menu but very reasonable prices. We don’t go often maybe a few times a year. I think you’d like In n Out!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    My youngest requested stuffed shells, so I did make those, with a creamy Parmesan marinara sauce.

For me, I made a creamy, cheesy tomato sauce with blended cottage cheese, parmesan, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic/onion powders and Italian seasoning. Ate it with some pre-cooked chicken breast diced up and my no-carb egg white noodles.
  • Yoolypr
    Ah the stuffed shells! I make them mostly for hubby and son. I try not to have more than two which is still WOW calories.
    Tomorrow is pasta day. I’ll have my creamy vodka sauce over riced cauliflower. There will be some homemade turkey meatballs. Riced cauliflower, zoodles - all pretty good with tomato sauces.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Two fun meals today

Lunch salad with lettuce, cucumber, onion and tomato, tzatziki and plain Greek yogurt and chicken breast.

Dinner of egg/whites scrambled with ham, peppers, onions and American cheese.
  • PAV8888
    You gals are shredding!

I'm still at the super slow progress stage. And trying to plan something around Nova Scotia!

Has anyone here been around Nova Scotia?

Nova Scotia or Ontario? Hmmm?🤔
  • Yoolypr
    PAV8888 wrote: »

Has anyone here been around Nova Scotia?

Nova Scotia or Ontario? Hmmm?🤔

It all depends on if the lovely CCCGG is a city girl or country girl. My last visit to Nova Scotia was about twenty years ago so I’m sure a lot has changed. I did visit Nova Scotia more often when we lived in northern Maine even longer ago. Definitely a deep piney woods experience.

Halifax is very nice. City things to do. Lobster, Titanic memorial, historic places, restaurants etc. Nearby is Peggy’s Cove - a lighthouse that is very scenic. A side trip to the Bay of Fundy is worthwhile to see the high tides. Amazing!

Further north is Cape Breton - the town Sydney. It’s small and rustic. The attraction there is the puffins. Cruise ships stop there in fall for the leaf color.

You’ll definitely need a car to move around and in the more rural places accommodations may be limited or sketchy.

There’s always Toronto?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Today's food (ie sample bariatric day) with no protein supplementation:

16oz water while at gym

Meal 1: 1 egg and 1 white, pan fried with butter flavored non-stick spray, and 2 thin slices of ham.

Large decaf Americano with fairlife 2% milk.

Chai tea with sugar-free salted caramel syrup and fairlife 2% milk.

Meal 2: 1.5 servings good culture 2% Cottage cheese, 3oz cucumber, 2oz tomato, 1 oz onion, 1tbsp red wine vinegar and copious amounts of chunky salt/pepper/garlic seasoning.

Chai tea with sugar-free salted caramel syrup and fairlife 2% milk.

Meal 3: Jack Links beef steak, 170g Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, 85g strawberries.

16oz water.

I count the water used to make my American and tea (48oz total) towards my water totals. I'm on a super Chai kick right now.
  • PAV8888
    Is the water total a part of doing your own thing or because of recommendations/requirement by the surgeons that you should keep a handle on the situation ?

It definitely looks to me that you're doing the "daily double" i.e. both choosing smaller portions AND lower calories foods.

re: water I don't see any reason to not count tea and coffee or any other liquid towards water totals. The ARE all part of total intake.

Sure the precise net intake may be less if you fully account for the increased outflows that will be caused by caffeine (or alcohol for that matter).

But conceptually I'm part of the camp that believes that watermelon counts just as much as Diet Pepsi, yellow snow, or pristine rain water! (runs and ducks behind cover!)