Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Grilled chicken thigh (removed the skin and just ate the meat off the bone), a small chicken drumstick, skin on. Half of a quite small white-skinned baked potato and a small portion of a bagged dill pickle salad kit, sans croutons.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    wjcpwi0idnq5.jpg
    home cooked kidney beans from freezer with canned diced tomatoes for sauce to cook in roaster with chicken. Rough cut oven baked sweet potato chunks in frozen blends mostly broccoli & beans.
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    It’s a thing of beauty Adventurista!!! My supper was a large salad and a cold chicken leg 🍗. Not particularly pretty but did the job.
  • Adventurista
    Yum!

Planning to grill legs, and a spatchcock bbq slathered chicken on the grill. Usually we do parts, but picked up a whole this week.

Also will attempt a copycat blackened ranch. And browsing recipes, also tzatziki and red pepper hummus. All should keep well.
  • Yoolypr
    Blackened ranch dressing? Haven’t heard/seen/tasted that. Sounds interesting- need to google that!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Frozen peas and carrots (750g) and frozen sweet potato chunks (403g). About 1/3 gone so far with 33g herb cheese and lemon pepper. The rest for later? Tomorrow? Earlier Starbucks spinach egg white wrap. And a kit kat cause free roaming cats not allowed! 🤣
  • Yoolypr
    https://akispetretzikis.com/en/recipe/7908/pswmi-tonou-se-2-lepta

Two minute microwave recipe for canned tuna. Total protein bomb! Spray the mug with cooking oil to prevent sticking. Akis Petretzikis website is awesome.
  • PAV8888
    Tuna bread in 2 minutes? I will have to read!

So I didn't eat my 2/3 of veggies yesterday. Got sidetracked 🤣 still managed to stay within maintenance calories mind you but did not manage to go under that's for sure!

Today used about 300 g of the veggie mixture in a 300 g ready made Indian food pouch of navratam korma which is purporting to be adding only about 250 calories for the 305 g which to me looks a bit lower than expected in comparison to other brands purporting to be the same thing.

Anyway it did work fine for lunch

Mind blow! Do you guys know or realize that the crust weighs much more in comparison to the inside of white bread? I was totally surprised by that! Now I wonder if the caloric density is actually the same or if actually the crust is also more dense given that it has less water? I mean the values for white bread include both right ? So how to separate????🤔🤯 (Maybe did add 7.5g of chocolate chip pits to 24g of crust less bread!🤣🤣🤣)
  • Adventurista
    edited July 26
    Pav, Nods, like a word math problem, huh.

so package slice reports for the average slices. I generally don't weigh for grams, and would track by slice.

I do adjust heels for 80% or 70% depending on heeliness :D

Guess could adjust if crusts or center removed, but not if piece is proportionally downsized, say 1/2 of entire slice retaining both crusts and center.
  • Adventurista
    edited July 26
    @Yoolypr
    Tuna bread, flourless?

After cooked, I'd be sticking in bread or with noodles to eat, yum...

Looks delish and very quick; easier than pan frying tuna/salmon patties. Will be making, ty for the share.
  • Yoolypr
    edited July 26
    hmnccwasmlci.jpeg
    ymd3c0dxjd2n.jpeg
    Akis Petretzikis tuna bread! It works and under 200 calories. The texture is very bread like too. I would add some salt/seasoning - hot sauce!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Had a BLT last night and honestly it wasn't that good. Used store brand bacon and it was WAY too salty. No way I can eat it again tonight. I do still have some lunch meat (ham and roast beef) so will likely just make a basic sandwich for dinner.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    We went to the Chinese buffet last night, it's been there since '59, real iconic location here in town. I had two small soup dumplings, one small veggie spring roll, one fried wonton, 1 chicken ball with sweet and sour sauce (lots of chicken in the ball), two pieces of dry spicy chicken (also with sweet and sour sauce), some szechuan beef and a little of some other beef dish. I skipped noodles/rice and really onky ate the veg that came with the meats I was eating. It was all delicious and amazing.
  • Adventurista
    Rewatched bread vid... missed bp ingredient 1st watch...

Salty bacon? Turn into bacon bits or powder?

Chinese yum, now i wanna go... lol
  • PAV8888
    That bread looks good. First attempts to follow links failed. Too much protection probably!🤯
  • Adventurista
    dtcu8phcfulr.jpg
    Batch grilled and smoked foods for the week. Made blackened ranch. Burgers on Brioche bun, variety onion/peppers, chicken, and packet diced potatoes/veggies. Hard to choose particulars for dinner and stop at enough :D
  • Adventurista
    edited July 29
    Not sure if goes food or epiphanies...

Dips, gravies, sauces, fondues are highlight garnish, not the main event, right??? :D

Love the blackened ranch i tried. Sometimes, a food becomes the thing, brain sparkles like fireworks...

Wonder how long it will take for it to become regular eatings for me instead of desire for the item the rest of the meal is formed around.... lol
  • Yoolypr
    I need to try the blackened ranch condiment. Especially on a grilled meal! Your photo was delicious!

I’m trying to cut back a bit. In about five weeks we’re taking a cruise to Alaska. We did it twenty years ago when I wasn’t caring about what I ate. There’s much dining temptation on those cruise
    ships. I’m hoping to start at a bit lower weight to compensate.
  • Adventurista
    edited July 29
    Fun! Hope weather is spectacular. Do you get to see glaciers? Photos always so beautiful.

After the era of no fat, low fat... i rather had an aversion to it, and adopted ranch as a keto friendly food post-covid when i was having issues and docs advised 3 mos keto. It did not help, but did get over my aversion ;)

I added red cayenne & other spices to ranch on hand, and love it. Working to eat enough, not too much, otherwise i would slather on many things, lol.

Lots of blackened ranch recipes on net, for making from scratch... browsed those to get an idea for amping spices in my regular ranch.
  • Yoolypr
    Had some precooked bbq ribs hubby bought at Costco. Tasty but I had to go easy - 2 small ribs- because the pork ribs/bbq sauce is calorific. There was the usual salad and some plain baked sweet potato.
    Prepped ribs and rotisserie chickens from Costco are very tasty but scratch made allows for better control of additional fats and sugars. It’s a struggle between convenience and control. Sometimes calories in convenience foods results in leaving the table still hungry!