Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 6
    We do small pieces on thick foil or in stainless steel pan.

I've done Asparagus on skewers (like a plank,) and was imagining skewered whole green beans.

I usually do green beans in covered cookware for moist environment.

Things like the sweet onions and peppers sweat a lot. Same for zuchini and eggplant (other favs.)
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,199 Member
    Green beans, olive oil, minced garlic- toss. Then on the grill in one of these do-hickeys
    wpk00jp4fdrp.jpeg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,764 Member
    Tonight is taco bowl

Iceburg lettuce, diced onion, 93% lean ground beef cooked with taco spices, avocado, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, salsa
  • Adventurista
    edited July 7
    Yes, yes, yes and yum!!!
    Just gonna have to grill the beans and do a taco bowl... drooling here!

Pics always appreciated!

Made a carne asada style rub and marinade for the beef, chicken and the peppers and sweet onions we grilled on the 4th... will use similar on the beans, i think
  • Adventurista
    2y16x277hl8o.jpg
    Soaking beans overnight for soup with diced ham/hamhock soup tomorrow dinner

Tonight; Deconstructed green salad, beans, grilled sweet onion and pepper strips, chicken and beef, tangerine. Tossed together. Enjoyed :)
    u1vhrwkrgi5b.jpg

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,139 Member
    Tonight dinner...

Dairy queen small cone dipped in chocolate...and the cauliflower from the California mix of a couple of days ago added to a cauliflower, onions, garlic butter green giant restaurant side (so frozen veggies with sauce with extra veggies to spread the sauce) plus some extra onion... err nuked! Mmmm.... not the ice cream that was UN-NUKED!

lunch was three slices of domino's (300g actually) with 350g of baby tomatoes which I was too lazy to turn into an actual salad. Plus they are tasty enough on their own being from a friend's garden!

breakfast was 200 Cal of "blue menu" butter chicken because the dog got a good 170 Cal worth of rice out of the tray! I fluffed up the tray by using the broccoli from the aforementioned fix! :wink:

rounded out with "a few grams" of kit kat pops throughout the day, coffee and coke zero.

pretty much at maintenance today... maybe 1-150 under.

Now to run this through chat gpt and make it sound awesome! :blush:
  • Yoolypr
    Sounds like stress eating and being overly tired, Mr. PAV.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Marinated grilled pork steak, grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms.
  • PAV8888
    Not un-tired🤷‍♂️
  • Adventurista
    Mixed bean & ham soup with buttered torn french bread
  • PAV8888
    Because toooo hot 🥵 run 360g frozen fruit and a 120g fruit cup through the food processor.... added an extra two drops of liquid sucralose..... instant sorbet -like-ish😎
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    Looks like you’re doing more at-home eating Athijade. Probably better and easier to manage than ordering in?

I am doing much better at it. In fact, for the whole long holiday weekend (I took Friday off as well), I only ate out twice. And one of those was a salad from Trade Joe's when I went to pick up some groceries so I am not sure it really counts. I did go out for pancakes yesterday morning and they were AMAZING. I got them with bananas and strawberries and not only did they pile the fruit on top, but it was cooked into the pancakes as well. Almost did not need any syrup!

Hopefully I can keep it up. It can be hard because my fatigue has been really bad on and off. There are times I want to do nothing, including cooking. But I try to remind myself that a lot of the foods I like to order in make me feel WORSE. So even if all I have is a PB&J sandwich, that is still better in the long run.
  • Athijade
    Oh, and dinner tonight is leftover tacos. Made them last night so will likely have them tonight and tomorrow before I eat all of it. Which is fine. I don't mind leftovers.

Once that is gone I am making a crispy honey chicken freezer meal with rice and sauteed green beans.

To end out the week, I am doing a vegan yellow curry. Potatoes, carrots, onion, and cauliflower over rice and sauteed spinach.

Lunches will be a mixture of leftovers, tomato sandwiches, and frozen meals.

Breakfast will be scrambled eggs or yogurt bowls.

I also have a bunch of fresh berries I got at the farmers market that I need to eat!
  • Adventurista
    Yum!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Back to work tonight. Since I didn't meal prep, this is "supper" :smile:

Individually packaged beef steak (sorta like jerky but thicker)
    String cheese
    Cauliflower and cucumber with homemade yogurt ranch dip.
    Homemade Chai latte
  • PAV8888
    You still managed to stick a couple of "homemade"s in there and 'jades menus are ALMOST making me drool!

Today's frozen fruit treat in the not quite above 30C yet heat wave: 280g frozen fruit (passion fruit blend or something), 100g greek yogurt, 20g 2% milk, 2 drops of sucralose.... AWESOME!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Tonight's "supper" is the same as last night's, just toss in a chocolate fairlife protein shake
  • Athijade
    Already changed things up. I can tell that I will not want to cook tonight as my pain levels are high. So I am having a tomato sandwich for dinner.

That moves the chicken, green beans, and rice to tomorrow night and the curry to next week (my meal plan weeks are Saturday to Friday).
  • Yoolypr
    Nothing wrong with a good tomato sandwich! 🥪
  • Adventurista
    edited July 10
    Yum! Tomato sandwich. I'm into cold and easy... our 100+ hot days will break this weekend, i hope!

vyaxchf8czln.jpg

browsed a bobs red mill variety today, and picked up flour to try focaccia making, soon, ready when the whim hits. picked up more '13 mixed beans' for soups, cornbread mix, and they had some sample individual granola to try. bagged up some grab & go snackage mixed nuts with craisins. Snack today was chilled apple, nuts, cheesesticks.
    fu9z0vurwqzp.jpg