Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    mv2wo18anlrm.jpeg
    I’ve found these pre-measured snacks at the Sam’s Club. It’s 24 packets for $10. I think Costco also carries these.
    For me this is more satisfying than granola or protein bars.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    edited July 11
    You kids are sooooooo good.....

I admit to finagling things a bit... but both based on today's weight and resting HR.... it WORKED... and I did manage to fit yesterday's "flour only" fish and chip dinner into my day...

So I ordered the all you can eat with diet pepsi but managed to finagle them into doing them flour only based on my pinky promise to not order more fish and sink the restaurant (OK they WERE willing to give me more but I refrained). POSSIBLY there may have been an extra plate of chips of which I shared half and consumed half... POSSIBLY

0s0gjcjwdypz.png

• PAV8888
    was that your BBQ Yoolie or a generic picture? The green beans looked awesome!
  • Yoolypr
    Generic picture - but I have made green beans on the grill and also roasted in the oven. Unfortunately I’ve never photographed my efforts so thus generic photo.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited July 17
    2 chilled, grilled applechicken dogs skewered on a fork, drizzled with mustard, and followed by chilled tangerine. Wonky, but cold on a hot day.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Chopped up some Rotisserie chicken breast with orange pepper and onion, seasoned with sesame oil, garlic, pepper and soy sauce, tossed with a pack of my egg white noodles. Used up three kinds of leftovers and was tasty and filling.
  • Yoolypr
    Artisanal pizza and hand crafted ice cream!!! I kept it in small doses but still lots of calories. No amount of walking today could erase that. But my it was good……
  • PAV8888
    I guess it depends on HOW MUCH pizza and how much ice cream? A couple of slices and a scoop.... could even be as low as 1500 or so! And with walking you could well be hitting 2000... so how much pizza and ice cream and what else was involved!!!? :wink:
  • Yoolypr
    One slice of pesto,artichoke,onion, goat cheese pizza. There was some red sauce on it too. Large salad. Chocolate cherry ice cream - one large scoop in a cup.
    Oh - there was also a small Skyline chili at lunch. 5-way with a healthy cover of cheese.

I’ll be interested to see what the scale says Sunday morning.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    I had subway last night because I went to a small market after work (which was a bust) and grabbed it on the walk home. It happens.

Tonight I am making a box of hamburger helper but serving it with some broccoli. May not be the healthiest but it will be easy and tasty and still better then ordering in.
  • Yoolypr
    Subways not bad in a pinch
  • Adventurista
    Subways a fav alternative for me and where i explored fresh spinach instead of lettuce.
  • PAV8888
    Subway... COULD be **relatively** few calories. Depending on your choices :wink:

I guess it's in the air! I had subway on Thursday!!!

But the foot-long + chips (logged at 1,000 Cal) was actually my main meal for the day... so all good!
  • Adventurista
    edited July 20
    whole wheat, chicken breast & cheese 6" sub stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, onion, pepperoncinis, olives, mustard on bread against the cheese, splashed with vinegar on veggies, sprinkled with parm and pepper... and diet pop is a fav go to, out and about meal of mine.

Haven't calced. Would guess 4-500 cals max, more if mayo or oil added.
  • Yoolypr
    Oooh - bbq brisket, collard greens and sweet potato fries at a restaurant in Nashville airport. Next flight in two hours.

Really dreading the scale tomorrow morning. But the damage needs assessment and course correction. 🥺
  • Adventurista
    All sounds yummy @Yoolypr

--back to typical eating for sure, but
    ... maybe hold off scale a few days for post-travel swelling to flush out? My feet/hands get it worst, especially on long, seated flights.
  • PAV8888
    I would NOT weight the exact next day... come on. You've got both the travel and the hit by the high heat as soon as you're back ... well. unless you are LOOKING for a higher figure.... or you've had recent help from 'foreign water' and are now looking to just see a fleeting low low number :lol:
  • PAV8888
    whole wheat, chicken breast & cheese 6" sub stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, onion, pepperoncinis, olives, mustard on bread against the cheese, splashed with vinegar on veggies, sprinkled with parm and pepper...

Going from Canadian values. white italian 6" is 160 but multigrain is 190 and harvest grain 210. So your "260" base chicken breast would be about 290 ish.

Even though whole wheat should be a bit less than multigrain I have some doubts about all the toppings adding up to no more than 100 Cal... but it is not wildly off base either.

Mustard 10 to 15Cal on a 6". Unless you're going seriously yellow. Subway cheese is usually 45 to 60 Cal for their thinner than normal slice (11g to 14g per two halfs vs regular package slices that are closer to 18 to 21g).

So you are looking at 360 to 400 at most.
  • Adventurista
    edited July 21
    Thx Pav
    -- i generally choose the harvest, and imagined 100 per part bread, maybe 100+ on chicken weight unknown, cheese, then toppings...

Would also consider their philly cheesesteak, or hot meatball on a cold day.

I think it's a good place as fast food options go. My problem is resisting super sized deals that clock in way more than i usually eat

Other go tos
    Chili at Wendys, think they might have a good chef salad too, beef original at arbys,... breakfast egg cheese mcmuffin mcDs, and granola yogurt parfait in a pinch. Now im drooling, so stopping now lol :D

• PAV8888
    edited July 21
    My lower cal 6" subways (on white) are:
    --veggies only (I figure about 280 with cheese, 310ish on one of the more interesting breads)
    --and then add about 75 to 90 Cal for any one of the: Grilled chicken, black forest ham, turkey breast, roast beef, or steak and cheese. I tend to make them with "real" cheddar or "pepper jack". And only add mustard and pepper. Sometimes salt and pepper.

Interesting choice there with the vinegar Adventuresome one! I will maybe try it! I tend to not want to add "wet" ingredients to avoid "bread disintegration"... but it might work!

(Of course it is entirely possible that most of the time I would order a footlong and add a bag of chips... but that's another story!)