Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

1326327328329330332»

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Roasted pork loin (seasoned with Kinder's garlic salt), mashed potatoes (instant) beefed up with cottage cheese, canned green beans (what can I say, I love 'em), plus some roasted pork gravy.

Comfort food :)
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,368 Member
    edited September 6
    Yum!

Bagged up 1 oz mixed nuts for snackage. A blended variety from a few different kinds, salted, unsalted, bakers walnuts, mixed... i want to pick up a few more before I bag more; brazil and pistachios.
    cs7hw3nehz40.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    Yum!

The totally random day is yum? EEEEEK! I think your well conceived, planned, and executed meals are yum!!!!

Today is slightly less random so far! But only slightly! Pot of coffee and a single 3.7g mini mini choco cookie (so 30Cal for both)... cause it was the last one in the drawer! McD's vanilla cone (looked to be in the 300 Cal range) on the way to subway for a foot-long veggies only sub (yes for the peppery jack cheese, all the veggies, pepper only, no sauce).... and that's it so far.

Though I *am* getting a bit peckish :blush:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    4oz sauteed mushrooms, 3oz Precooked chicken, 1 package egg white noodles, then an "Alfredo" sauce made with 2oz milk, 2oz cottage cheese, 10g g parmesan and some seasonings. Served with liberally applied black pepper.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    z1k6dcj7dosv.jpg

Romaine, tzatziki+2% greek yogurt, precooked chicken, reduced-fat feta, cucumber, tomato and onion.

Dinner later is cheesy ham scrambled egg/whites
  • PAV8888
    Cheesy ham egg whites sounds good I've been abusing the veggies done right or whatever they're called :) egg white frittatas... 57g 70 Cal. Actually not as much protein and more fat as a percentage than you would think or if I were making from scratch. But they do seem to hit the spot and are a quick meal with or without bread wrapping!
  • PAV8888
    That salad is so nicely chopped!

quite filling for the calories.... mash from a satchel with water from a kettle... and.... freshly "caught" porcini mushrooms collected by a friend who then prepared them in things we don't want to know about but which MAY have included onions and "light" cream (cough cough).

Still. I figure that in spite of the cream, the 350g of "creamy mushrooms and onions" probably did not top 300 Cal... so still a good bargain... probably!
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Today I had instant mashed potatoes topped with sirloin steak tips in a mushroom gravy
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,754 Member
    Kitchen isn’t really done yet but it’s at the stage where I can actually think of cooking something on my fancy single hot plate … Since there’s still significant electrical issues here including a stove outlet that doesn’t function.

I’m going to make green soup - It’s been so freaking long. The food I’ve been eating here has been atrocious on the health front. I think but you know really who knows?
  • PAV8888
    Green sounds lovely! 😎
  • Adventurista
    I wish we did know. I have whiplash from opposing theories :D
  • PAV8888
    I wish we did know. I have whiplash from opposing theories :D

What did I miss????🤯🤯🤯🤯🤔🤔🤔
  • Adventurista
    Kitchen isn’t really done yet but it’s at the stage where I can actually think of cooking something on my fancy single hot plate … Since there’s still significant electrical issues here including a stove outlet that doesn’t function.

I’m going to make green soup - It’s been so freaking long. The food I’ve been eating here has been atrocious on the health front. I think but you know really who knows?

Wish i knew. Definitively. Would be easier. Do. Or do not.

Whiplash from decades of opposing theory. Who really does know?

ysrtbozw0f6t.png

• nicsflyingcircus
    I had a bunch of pre-made chicken, basil and Parmesan meatballs. I didn't want them to go bad so I decided to meal prep a soup. Looked at a couple recipes, then free handed it, lol.

407g meatballs, quartered and seared for browning/flavor and to release a little fat for the next step
    227g white button mushrooms, quartered
    56g finely diced white onion
    14g garlic paste

Once those were all sauteed up, I added the liquid.

32oz chicken bone broth
    262g 2% Cottage cheese (blended in with some of the broth and the seasonings)
    45g Grated parmesan
    2tsp red pepper flakes
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1tsp Italian seasoning
    1tsp lite salt

Its all simmering gently to reduce (I had a bay leaf in there for about 15 minutes, it has since been retrieved).

Just before I am ready to serve, I'm going to add 6oz of roughly chopped baby spinach to wilt.

Im calling it 6 servings, 31 protein, 11 fat and 10 carbs per. Roughly 260 calories.

It smells good, I hope it's delicious.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    351nrvkex7yf.jpg
    It is tasty!
  • PAV8888
    edited September 14
    Wow! Looks lovely! Could have actually used it a short while ago!

My day started with a remarkably good breakfast and snack. But time changes suck, I didn't manage to grab lunch or dinner during the short layover in Montreal (and wasn't quite hungry yet).... but the short flight to Halifax is snacks only 😵‍💫 and by local time we won't be out of the airport till 9pm and probably it will be 10pm plus till we get to the hotel🤯🤯🤯

So I ended up raiding their snack cart for two more tamari flavor snacks!🤷‍♂️
    So 3*229=660Cal of those today!!!!🤯🤯🤯

The ginger shots were low cal and potent medicine! Ok: no medicine. But they TASTE like they COULD be, so I'm convinced they're good for me!🤣

Pictures are from this morning! At least the WiFi has been acceptable! 😎 And the passenger experience relatively comfortable...

01e36cok6bfp.jpg

zqfnsu9vkna5.jpeg

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    Man, what airline do you fly PAV? That looks downright tasty 👅. Alaska Airlines just did pretzels and some Biscoff cookies during our four hour flight! Of course we could have paid extra for a meal but considering our over indulgence on the cruise ship….
  • Adventurista
    Takeout night; meatless almond veggies over rice with chicken & shrimp. Rest and other items stored for leftovers.
    fn0jzmqwmt43.jpg