Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Subway meatball salad no additional dressing. Kept asking for extra red onion... did I get it? 😡
    Of course not! Subway has been disappointing since going to a more fixed menu. And the bread is meh.

Luckily we have a local sub restaurant that’s excellent. We only go there maybe once a month and split a roast beef sandwich with mustard. Fairly low cal and satisfying.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    nuckfo6k7e76.jpg

"Homemade" chicken noodle soup.

Diced up perdue roasted chicken, carrots, celery, onion, canned Campbell's chicken broth and a pack of my egg white noodles.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited August 18
    More 20qt electric tabletop cooker outdoors to keep house cool. batch cooked chicken breast over sweet onion, bell peppers, carrots, tomato based remainders of salsa, spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. Liberally spiced and Rice vinegar and dark mollasses for broth flavor development. Will use chicken across the week multiple ways.
    a9vp6c5i1rge.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    edited August 18
    See Yooly? You could just leave the chicken breasts on the patio.... same as electronic roaster and you save the electricity! 😝
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 18
    See Yooly? You could just leave the chicken breasts on the patio.... same as electronic roaster and you save the electricity! 😝

1d90d42pfz6z.jpeg
    Yup - could cook me some chicken on the sidewalk. The dashboard of the car would be even faster. Weather here is not fit for man or beast! Therefore it’s Rice Krispies for dinner.

The saving grace is I’ll be in Alaska in three weeks. 👍
  • PAV8888
    Eeeeeeek I haven't booked all the hotels yet! 🤯🤔🤯
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 18
    Eeeeeeek I haven't booked all the hotels yet! 🤯🤔🤯

Your woman is expecting better than that from you! Get moving and don’t let her regret crossing the ocean just to be with you. 😍

Where are you going?
  • nicsflyingcircus
    k8ofzfpjbb90.jpg
    Asian inspired chicken noodle soup:

Egg white noodles, perdue chicken breast, Campbell's canned chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic, green onions.

Easy and tasty
  • Yoolypr
    Soup! I just can’t do soups in hot weather.

Today was cold chicken chopped, salad greens and a couple Wasa crackers.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    That was lunch.

Dinner is grilled pork Tenderloin (BBQ dry rubbed) and sauteed mushrooms
  • PAV8888
    HEY! I didn't say NO hotels... I said ALL of the hotels!!!! :smiley: Top secret for now :wink:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Tonight is Asian inspired coleslaw/salad with perdue chicken
  • Yoolypr
    Poached salmon, quinoa +rice, green salad, half ear of corn - ‘twas good!
  • PAV8888
    I'll have to look up Purdue chicken

I thought it was a school? 🤯
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Perdue lol. It's a brand. I've been buying their chicken "Shortcuts", which are portioned bags of cooked sliced chicken breasts mostly because they are easy. I buy the "oven roasted" variety because i find the flavor sublimated fine into whatever I add it to.
  • PAV8888
    What's new glasses for $800???
  • Yoolypr
    edited August 22
    What's new glasses for $800???

Have you tried Costco? I was paying $500 even with insurance. Got glasses and a pair of sunglasses at Costco for around $200. Worth a try unless you need specialty glasses.
  • PAV8888
    Don't forget the $ conversion factor :) I think they were at about $600 for a complete job at Costco. They don't do Kirkland branded lenses as far as i can tell up north they seem to use Essilor "freedom xx" if I recall the name and I could never for sure figure out their exact placement on the Essilor hierarchy and what exact features you were losing with them vs the official top of the line essilors that officially go over 1k at the right place! 🤯

I've been hitting some auto club discounts plus a semi trick grocery point pick-up on the same bill to end up well under $500 effective. But still. I only made the current ones three months ago!!!!🤯🤬
  • Yoolypr
    So what happened to the last pair of glasses? 🤓 We don’t have Kirkland frames. Mine are Turboflex(?) that have flexible sides for comfort. Got them when Costco was having a special.

Back to dinner - today was a salad for lunch. Tonight is the Rice Krispies with yogurt and fruit cause I just can’t even….
    6sp11or2uv36.jpeg

• nicsflyingcircus
    Asian slaw, grilled pork chop