Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Food inspiration, or what's for supper?

Replies

• lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,754 Member
    Kraft dinner for supper tonight. With frozen vegetables. First hot cooked meal I’ve had in a very long 🤣
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited August 23
    5kvm12gy9d2z.jpg

Hubby stopped by Costco in his travels to pick up 'sparkling ice' - we chill it in freezer until it starts to form icies at the top...

and snagged me some spinach dip... enjoy it as a spread, or on things like wraps, roll-ups, chips/toasted bread rounds and topped with grilled veggies. (Keto friendly)
    ivs4ydy1vzqw.jpg
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,736 Member
    Cottage Cheese, cucumber, tomato, onion, red wine vinegar and salt/pepper/garlic blend
  • Yoolypr
    Yoolypr Posts: 3,172 Member
    What’s the calories on the spinach dip? Wonder if my Costco carries it. We do have the sparkling ice drinks.

Nic - I need to get back to cottage cheese! Good with veggies and also with fruit. Dinner and/or dessert! The best part is it has some texture unlike plain Greek yogurt.
  • Adventurista
    Yoolypr wrote: »
    What’s the calories on the spinach dip? Wonder if my Costco carries it. We do have the sparkling ice drinks.

Nic - I need to get back to cottage cheese! Good with veggies and also with fruit. Dinner and/or dessert! The best part is it has some texture unlike plain Greek yogurt.

Similar cals to other spreads. Here's the label.
    7jl3jo2yatqz.jpg
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 14,131 Member
    hmmm.... that's fairly warmish Yooly.... sort of dangerously so... hmmm....
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Yeah, today I ate cottage cheese just with chopped spring onion in it. I really enjoy it since I found a kind I like.

Dinner tonight was fish taco bowls. Cooked a couple cod fillets with taco seasoning and lime juice. Served over shredded cabbage, crema (which I made from mostly low-fat Greek yogurt, lime juice, garlic, a little hot sauce and a squirt of avocado mayo), avocado and diced onion.

Tomorrow I'll have a taco bowl for lunch, using the leftovers and taco seasoned chicken (my son doesn't like fish so I grilled some chicken, easy easy).
  • Adventurista
    edited August 25
    Sounds really good!

Made a big pot of stock from freezer stash of trimmings, this and that. Will defat and make a chicken, mixed bean soup tomorrow with the strained broth, i think.
  • PAV8888
    WOW! You kids are GOOD!!!!!

There was TROUBLE with a CAPITAL TEE down at my neck of the woods. Split was 50-50ish with probably 55% to me.... at a loss as to how many millions of Calories to record :blush:

Will still have to record something though! oil use was NOT sparing! Yes, it was very good!

nr5agie7uj43.png
  • Yoolypr
    Entertaining the guests here! Trying to be a good hostess without completely killing my calorie intake.

Serving foods that don’t normally grace my everyday table so……. Yesterday lasagna, garlic bread, Texas bbq, sausage for breakfast, buttered toast. Two more days of trying to eat around the edges.
  • Adventurista
    Now I'm drooling, thx a lot friends

Lol :D

Trying... again... to pry excess from grasp. Not sure keto or just lower carb to help squelch appetite. D1
  • PAV8888
    edited August 25
    Yooly? Oh my. That sounds... heavy for the weather!

@Adventurista .... I don't know if I think of it as lower carb or as "less frivolous calories". I mean... cutting off a few candy bars and slices of un-necessary bread DOES reduce the total calorie count... in my world. Cutting off boiled potato calories... never been THAT much of a problem!

Actually boiled potatoes, boiled eggs, greek yogurt, mustard, either onions or relish or pickles, and maybe hot sauce... now there's a nice thing for Yooly's weather... and you don't even have to tell them it is "lower" calorie ;-)

Now... tell me to put away the candy bars--and by away I don't mean down the hatch!!!! :anguished: A treat a day is not like two full sized candy bars while throwing in the occasional cookie or three, buster! :angry:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    5oz tenderloin filet, 2oz yellow potato, baked and topped with 2% Greek Yogurt, bacon bits and chives, plus 4oz of sauteed mushrooms
  • PAV8888
    edited August 26
    I think I will make me some sort of potato egg salad since I talked about it above! 🤔 But I admit that nic's idea has some sink my teeth in it appeal!!!!🤣
  • Adventurista
    h7t52hryv9im.jpg
    alternative method for Cutting cals, lol

Made the mixed bean chicken breast soup, clocks in 200 cals/40g carbs per cup.

On the hunt for a longhandled stainless steel skimmer (mesh/fine style more than spider basket) to use in broth making and other foods that get puddles needed to be removed.
  • PAV8888
    There's scarcity. There's usefulness. And then there is LOCATION!
    Location matters! <wish I were there!>
    21y5ag8r9rfm.png

• PAV8888
    And I DID go ahead and make the potato/egg salad! Still a lot of calories... but a goodly quantity too! (700g potatoes, 300g egg, 530g 0% greek, 80-100g onions, 80-100g pickles, 80g yellow must, 30g sriracha... and... some secret spices :wink: )

ccxsrsls5lt2.png

w8xbdsktjw1c.png
  • Yoolypr
    Yummo!
  • Adventurista
    edited August 27
    I rarely peel taters anymore, b/c such beneficial nutrition in the skins... same for others; carrots, radish, cukes, zukes....

*eat your jackets! (Aka skins) :D

@PAV8888 Yes, that's what i think im looking for in a skimmer. I was trying to remove globlets that were soft fats (from chicken or turkey compared to hardened fats like beef or ham when chilled.) Does it work for that ok or do you think i ought to go with a smaller mesh type?
  • PAV8888
    @Adventurista remember that I'm a kitchen Philistine!🤷‍♂️ I used the sucker to pull the potatoes mid boil (tater testing and rescue) while letting the eggs continue to harden to the 10 minute mark! You can't possibly mean to tell me someone would peel these babies.... there would be nothing left 🤯

This skimmer is really good at preventing over boiling!

TL/dr it will work ... but diving in there with paper towels and dirty paws is faster!🤯

Anyway re fat removal. I admit I haven't really done much via skimmer. In the unlikely event 😎 I am engaged in activities that would require, I've generally cooled the item (usually using the balcony/exterior deck method with appropriate weather cooperation) which gives a nice layer up top!

(Now close your eyes and ears: kitchen philistine here, remember! 100% non deserving of nice specialized utensils!) which means that a combination of soup or tea spoon and.... err...... paper towels is more than enough to get rid of the part of the layer that matters. Yes. After that, the aforementioned utensil has been used to clean up tiny globules .... but more often than not I've left them in at that point!😎 It's rare enough anyway) 😘