2021 One day, or today. You decide

Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    ok what the HELL is with this site? ? Where are the food diarys and exercise diaries and check ins now (on the website on my laptop???) I can't find it anywhere nor can i find a tech help section that is monitored and i have searched and all i get are old posts from 2012 etc..... this is ridiculous????? there's nothing at all except discussions and groups and blogs listed at the top of MFP now.... i am NOT a happy camper... i'm going to try the app on my phone and see but i prefer using this site especially for posting... but also i want to update my weight and A1C stats as i'm tracking them on the check in.. grrrrrr

on the plus side... both my docs called today and everything with the carotid / A1C / xrays / thyroid all great...!!! woo hoo.. Now just have to get the wonky blood and gut issue sorted lol.. but i'm doing the happy dance for sure on the rest!

Suzy i think today was your last day at your parents folks to finish up??? Fingers crossed for you!
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! So glad your results were good! That’s great news!

Yes, today went well. The entire house is empty. All that’s left is for my brother in law to empty out the last of the shed and garage. We did some today without him but he gets all ticked off if we touch “his” stuff. So he can finish it himself. I’m done!!! The house goes on the market Saturday. My sister and I are taking our parents to the house on Monday so they can see it all cleaned out and painted. I think it will be good for them to see it empty and have some closure.

In all honesty, I haven’t been using this site for more than posting here. I’m going to start logging again though. I wish they would just leave it alone. We’ve all figured out how to make it work for us then whammo!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I figured out what happened.. i guess i was stuck in the community section and for the life of me i couldnt figure out how to get back to the home page where it's all the normal set up - with the food diary and check tabs at the top again.. phew..... only because i've been using the check in to track a bunch of my stats.. weight, A1C, cholesterol etc ... so i can see the progression .. and i wanted to update it with todays numbers...

Oh wow on the house... that could be a tough day for all when you take your folks so sending hugs in advance!!

• suzyqholland
    Options
    I logged my breakfast and plan for the rest of the day!! I’m 300 calories over my goal of 1400 but I logged it! I ate a couple cookies with my tea and that pushed me over. But I logged it! I feel so accomplished! Lol. Now if I could get off my butt and do something constructive. THAT would be an accomplishment!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy that's awesome !! And truly it doesnt matter that you were over your set cals at all - the fact that you logged your brekkie and the food you plan on for the rest of the day is great!!

When I first started logging it was more to see exactly how many calories i was actually eating in a day, rather than setting a "cap" of how many i could have... I think i logged for close to a month - even every potato chip (altho i kept my diary secret back then lol)... and after a month of seeing how many calories i was actually consuming (mostly from crap i might add... im pretty sure veggies only made up about 40 calories a day back then lol) but just seeing everything day after day totally up well over 2500 most days... that's when i started to set an actual "cap" of 1400 or whatever it was.. i think i started around 1600 actually but i can't really remember.. so i think the fact you did the logging today means you're in a good head space to start setting up things how you want them.. well done!
  • suzyqholland
    edited December 2021
    Options
    Okay, full disclosure: I did log my entire day. I ended up eating more than I planned. But I logged it all. You always talk about baby steps. This is my baby step: logging. You’re right, I’m getting into a much better headspace.

We went for a brief walk before dinner. My husband found a trail next to a big creek about ten minutes from home. It started out very innocuous…a wooden boardwalk. Absolutely beautiful! Then the boardwalk ends and you start going up a steep hill over rocks and roots. It’s a 3 mile trail. It was way too close to sundown and I was wearing tennis shoes (trainers) so we turned around. Maybe we’ll do the whole thing tomorrow. We’ll have to get an earlier start. Lol. I’ll post a pic.
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    uoegyak2q3s1.jpeg
  • Snooozie
    Options
    j2on8yfqoyiw.png
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy - it might sound totally lame to some people, but I truly absolutely adore finding a new path or trail to walk; nothing better than strolling along and discovering hidden gems like your one above!! Good call to backtrack as you only had sneakers on for the rougher parts - but at least you have somewhere lovely close by and still have yet to discover what's up that hill!! I went for a nice long walk last week with a friend at a conservation area near me that i hadn't been to in a few years .. and although it wasnt new it was lovely to walk along the river path again.. just like your pic above! you've inspired me to google trails near me again to see if there are any i might have missed to try! I found a brand new one back in September to me and it was gorgeous.. just when the trees were turning too.. but i just love going along wondering what's around the next corner or up the next hill!

And yes.. honestly just logging everything for a full day is actually quite a bit more than a baby step so well done! Even if you're not within whatever goal you have set for yourself calorie wise, you'll definitely become more aware of how many cals you're taking in with the logging... and help you decide if you want to try to cut some out or not - I say "or not" because with all the physical work you were doing lately you may have actually been hungry enough to justify anything a bit over.. (or drinking more because of the stress lol). So kudos to you girl for taking the time to log - because it's time you're investing in taking care of YOU and you are so worth it!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I completely agree on the excitement and wonder of finding a new trail. I use an app called “AllTrails” and it’s really good. You should check it out. You can set search parameters and trails can show up on a map for you. Then you can use the app to see where you are on the trail in case you get turned around.

Off to get my mammogram and bone density scan!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Hope the mammo went well Suzy.. someone told me they have a new machine now but basically the squish still hurts LOL..
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Yep. New machine and it was a smidgen better but you’re still squashed flat as a pancake! 😂
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Feeling the side effects of my shingles shot today…tired, dizzy and headache. I got the shot yesterday so I’m hoping today was the worst of it. If only the side effect had been no appetite. 😂
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Still dizzy. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s something else. It’s always something.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I hope it's getting better now, and it's just from the shot and not something else again. How long did they say the side effects were expected for?

I have that Alltrails app, but it was a bit annoying as I'd paid for another app which I found really useful, but the app company ended being part of Alltrails, and Alltrails doesn't work nearly as well for me as the previous app.

That trail is just 10 minutes from your home? That's fantastic. The photo looks beautiful. And I love, love, love the photo of you and your granddaughter! That has made my day!

Congratulations on your results, Snoozie! I hope you get the gut issue sorted. No obvious things like changes of medication? It definitely needs looking into. I had some problems a few years ago - it turned out it was just a flare up of IBS but I was glad I got it checked out to reassure myself!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Oh Suzy im sorry you had an adverse reaction to the shingles shot.. was yours a one time dose or do u need another in a few months? hope it wont last ... weird the dizzy showed up and is still lingering.. that sucks!

im going over in about an hour to see if i can get my 3rd booster shot of an MRNA.. i had 2 Astrazenecas and here they are giving 3rd shot of Pfzer to immuno compromised or over 70 or those who had AZ .. so I'll see if i can get one today

Nothing i can figure out re the gut thing Vail... or my doc... she's really just sending me for it as a precaution but just got my appointment for the colonoscopy (yuck) for Dec 16th.. as much as i hate the prep for it I'm glad its so soon to be honest... want to get it sorted as soon as possible..

One of my good friends invited me to join them for christmas dinner this year.. there will only be the 3 of them they aren't doing the huge family get together dinner this year because covid is still hanging on here... so i feel comfortable going with only the 3 of them.. specially cause i know she also follows the protocols well ... so that will be lovely and very generous of her to invite me for sure (plus she's a very good cook LOLOLOL)

• suzyqholland
    Options
    Dizziness was almost gone today, just a tiny bit at weird times. It’s a two shot vaccination. I’ll go back in February.

Ugh, colonoscopy prep is the worst. I hope yours goes well. Is this to try and help figure out what’s going on or is it just time for yours?

How nice to get a lovely invite for Christmas and bonus…a good cook!!! We’re on our own for Christmas Eve so I think I’ll try to cook something and take it over to see my parents. We’ll spend Christmas Day at our daughter’s house. No idea what we’re eating yet but we usually do something unconventional and easy. Lol.

How’s the kitty cat, Vail? How are the newlyweds? Do you see them very often?

Tomorrow is my rheumatologist appointment and then taking my parents to see their cleaned out house. I think it’s going to be a long day.

• Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy I wouldnt normally be sched for the scope for another 5 yrs .. but yes doc ordered it as a precaution considering all the stuff going on the with gut.. I am dreading the prep I admit lol... but would rather get it over with so i'll whine and complain and suck it up :) The hardest part is actually getting a driver to bring me home... you HAVE to have someone pick you up because of the sedative they wont let you take a cab home.. and I hate asking friends because most live pretty far away... but i had to vecause when you live alone lol... you have no choice.. and of course my bestie said sure.. but its a LONG way from here to her place so I'm hoping another i asked who only lives 10 min away from the place and me will be able to do it instead...

I'm very glad the dizziness is almost gone!!! Fingers crossed for the RA appointment tomorrow... oh right its the day you take your folks to see the place.. ohh Suzy.. could be a long day indeed.. sending hugs!

Vail - i'm with suzy on wondering how the routine of injections is going for you and how kitty is doing..

• suzyqholland
    Options
    RA appointment went well. No sign of RA!!! She recommended diet change (cut out gluten and sugar) and exercise. Also omega 3 and turmeric twice a day. I go back in six weeks. She said she could give me steroids to bring down the inflammation but I declined. I guess I’m getting pretty serious about my eating habits…like it or not.

My parents did okay today. My mom was her usual mean ungrateful self but did manage to say that we did a good job on the house. Dad was a bit overcome but he’s suffering from some depression because he has to deal with my mom 24/7. We received two offers so far on the house. I realized tonight (when I finally got home) that I never have to go to that house again! Hallelujah!

I don’t have a single thing on my calendar until the 15th!!!! OMG!!!! I have time to put up a Christmas tree and unpack some boxes and do what I want to do! It’s a Christmas miracle!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I'm so glad the RA was all clear! Funny my doc also put me on an omega 3 fish oil supplement for joint pain.. I'm afraid i would be with you against the steroids ...

Awww im glad the home visit went.. ok... one of my oldest friends is dealing with a situation similar to yours right now and her mom has a similar attitude with the mean and ungrateful.. im sorry you had to go thru that but im happy you got 2 offers so far!! Fingers crossed on a quick sale and yes.. happy you dont have to go back again !

Wowsa on the clear calendar lol... i can't imagine what that feels like for you! I put up my tree the other day but.. it's only 1 foot high LOLOL.. so that took all of 5 minutes hahaha.

But i/love seeing peoples christmas trees and I'm terrible cause if i go to someones house i love to go up close and look at all the ornaments and hear some of the stories behind them. On the top of my little tree is the paper angel I made in grade 2 LOL. .or my sister did... but my mom had it on every tree along with a few others but its the only one that survived so i keep it on mine.. but some of the stories are so cool.. one friend still has babys first xmas photo ornaments of her kids on her tree and they are now 34/35 yrs old lol.. But the stories behind peoples ornaments are fascinating to me and love hearing and seeing them.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a friend for a walk and catch up and we're going to go see the winterfest ice sculpture set up locally - I would have preferred to go at night to see the lights lol.. but it will be nice to catch up and see them and during the week hopefully wont be as busy as the weekend!