2021 One day, or today. You decide

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Suzy! Don't overdo it! Five days of cardio!! It seems like your doctor did think it was fine to go the lifestyle route, rather than medication, so that's encouraging. I was told I had to have the medication, so I had the easy way out in a way .... I'm sure it will be hard work but will be great to see your progress and motivating to have the goal of avoiding medication, I'm sure.
    I quite like the tracking feature and have used it for other thing like body fat % and waist circumference, but keep forgetting to put them in.
    My weight goes in automatically. The scales I use are Withings or Nokia (the branding seems to be mixed) Body Cardio scales. I got them because as well as body fat, bone, muscle, etc. they measure pulse wave velocity which seems to be an indicator of heart health. However, I've read that sometimes this is disabled, I think in certain regions, and as that was the particular feature I wanted, I don't think the cardio version would be worth it without it. Mine does actually measure it, and it has been reassuring. I remember they were a pain to set up but I'm glad I've got them now. The recordings are saved, so I can see charts for my body fat, etc., which is probably why I never get round to inputing it into MFP now.
    I'll copy this over maybe if it gets lost in the move to the new thread. I can't remember when our respective New Years start, but mine is in a few hours, so Happy New Year all!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    LOL Vail - i set up the new 2022 topic thread because i know you're a few hours ahead of us and will hit the new year before us... so i wanted to make sure it was ready to go! Your scale sounds way cool..!!

Suzy - i see you posted in the new one.. yay!! i'll wait til tomorrow to comment on yours over there but know HUGE CONGRATS to you for rocking your workout today!! holy cow.. well done you!! I'm so glad you were so excited and you did great!!! Very proud of you!!

I was planning on some sausage rolls and mini veggie spring rolls to munch on xmas eve.. but i had a couple of each last night and while they were good.. my gut didnt enjoy them as much as my mouth did lol.. so i decided instead for tonite... i'm going to have a stuffed chicken breast with cauli, broccoli and baby carrots on the side... finish off the year with a decent healthy meal instead that wont let me feeling like crap in the morning... not the way i want to start the new year so this will do lovely. I did just make a gingerbread mug cake i found on the internet... made it in a soup mug and honestly it was delish.. and just enough! it ony takes about 2 min to make and 1 min to cook lol... of course it would have been AWESOME if i had had a little vanilla ice cream to top it with lol. but that was my "treat" for today... specially because i can't sneak any more as its ony one mug worth LOL!!

HERE'S to a brand new year where we make ourselves a priority - happy New Year!

• Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy - does your app look like this instead when u ooen it ? If so I’ll tell u how to get to the check in boxes to add them from here
    1dgyd48dcc2v.png
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    ok.. at the bottom of that screen are all the options.. home/diary/+/etc.. on the far right is the "more ..."
    tap on that and the next screen will have the list of all the different places.. my profile/plans/recipe discovery/etc.. scroll down to community... tap on that ... and on the next screen at the very top in the centre of that screen are the words myfitnesspal in blue.. tap on the actual blue words "myfitnesspal" and it will take you to another screen that looks like the first one i posted.. with all the tabs across the top and you should see "check in" tab among them.. tap on that and there you can enter your weight if you want, or just add new categories under "track additional measurements" .

hope it works!