Snooozie
Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
edited January 2021 in Social Groups
d8t3z8a97h3p.png

Replies

• Snooozie
    Options
    It’s a new year and we have a clean slate to begin getting what we want for ourselves.

I want to lose 20lbs by June 2021. To achieve this, I have updated my current weight, reset my goals, settings and profile to reflect where I am right now, and where I want to be in six months. I will be setting additional weekly goals for myself along the way.
    For this first week, I have 3 goals I have set for myself:

Log my food intake daily
    Perform some form of exercise every single day for a minimum of 15 minutes
    Restrict my potato chip consumption to 3 actual serving sizes this week.

I am sharing my plan here because accountability has helped me in the past, and I am going to use every tool at my disposal to get what I want for myself. It’s a new year and a new opportunity to make changes, and I will encourage and support everyone else who may be making changes as well.

Suzy has provided the perfect inspirational reminder for me as I begin to make these changes:

One day, or TODAY. You decide.

For me, it's today!

• suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I’m ready to make this year a personal success no matter what’s going on outside my control. No more excuses! Only positive thoughts and actions and when I feel ambivalent about my health I’ll have y’all to help lift my spirits! Let’s do this! Let’s make this our year to achieve our goals!

I really hope Vail and Milove are okay and we hear from them soon.

My goals for 2021 are to lose an average of four pounds a month, improve my stamina for hiking, strengthen my body so that my knee is strong, improve my numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure and A1C).

I’ll have to think about weekly goals and how to make it all measurable.

I choose TODAY!!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Ha! I just stopped myself from mindlessly reaching for my husband’s peanut butter filled pretzels by remembering that TODAY is the day not tomorrow or next week or on Monday “because that’s the beginning of the week.” No excuses! Now....to keep up this motivation past January first!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Way to go Suzy. That’s a huge win!! Honestly I love that reminder you shared the one day or today photo I honestly I think it’s great and I think it’s going to be my new phone screen saver too!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    PS.. that "meal scan" option is only available in the pay for it MFP.. apparently you just scan your plate with your camera and it deciphers whats on your plate and the breakdown for cals etc.. i won't be paying for the premium option but its a neat concept .. maybe theres a free app somewhere that can do the same thing lol

i logged everything today, even when it went way over my cals (i knew it would as i had planned my NY dinner for tonite - BUT.. for once i didn't pig out and eat the whole 8oz steak, so now i even have dinner for tomororw nite from the leftovers - and should be well within my cals again.... i'd rather be honest and log everything i eat right now just because its really good for me to see just how much food i really am eating... but I am happy that im looking forward to getting back to better eating habits, portion control and losing this weight!!
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I just did the same thing Snoozie. I figured that I should log everything so that I’ll have an accurate accounting of why I’m losing or not. The more information we have, the better we can plan. I ended up about 500 calories over but I still feel like I did better than I’ve been doing. I didn’t snack at all today and made some good choices. I know I really need to work on my portion sizes.

I don’t intend to pay for premium. I can’t imagine that the scan option works as well as we really want it to though.

Good for you for logging everything!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning Suzy

Yes on the logging everything - we are in lockdown still for a few more weeks, and I am determined to eat from my freezer and pantry before shopping again.. so i am using up stuff that may not be the healthiest but for that i will just have to have small portions but i'm not wasting anything i have.. i do have 3 different soups frozen in single size portions and a few servings of some things i made like shepherds pie so until i make a good dent in the stuff i have on hand, i will try not to shop at all which should keep me from picking up any junk too..

I have done up another challenge for my aunt and my sister (at their request) which starts on Monday... i tried to gear it mostly towards my aunt who is 74 so a lot of balance moves, stretches and some strength training... i did up 3 options and only 10 min of each but i called it the "one a day" challenge because you only have to do one of the 3 options (including a walking one).. BUT.. you get 5 points for every option you do each day lol.. sneaky yes... but that way if she only feels like doing one.. its still a feeling of accomplishment for her, but if she feels like more she can rack up the points.. but that will help me make sure i get my 15 min of exercise every day this week for my week goal.. it runs to the end of January but hopefully my weekly goal of 15 min will be increasing next week!

i brot up the leslie sansone walking videos again to bookmark in case the weather is bad too.. today the sun is out; we had freezing rain all night but at some point it changed to snow so there is a dusting but i'll def do my walk outside this afternoon when it warms up a bit.. even when its cold if the sun is out i much prefer walking outside even if just for the mental health aspect of it!!

Monday i am also going to reset my weight... when I weighed in yesterday it showed i was up 23 lbs during 2020. But i think that was a bit off because today i am back to where i have been kinda hanging, which is around 20 lbs up. So on Monday i will reset my weight and ticker; it will look like i've lost 3 lbs but i wont have lol.. just so you know!

I hope Vail that you pop in and let us know you're ok.. i sent a PM a few days ago and haven't heard back, and we haven't seen you in the group for a bit... its okay if you have decided the group doesnt work for you anymore but i hope you will pop in and just let us know you're ok if that's the case.. hugs

ok i'm off to log in my projected lunch and dinner plans... i find it easier when i know what i'm going to have to add it and just tweak later .. also helps me keep a bit on track i think ...
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I just did the same thing. I enter what I ate for breakfast and what I plan for the rest of the day. I think it does help me be more conscious of what I’m eating.

I used to have stuff in the freezer but we lost our electricity for four days and I’m cleaned out. I’m trying a new approach to dinner. I’m trying to make much lighter meals like soup, a piece of chicken with a salad, split a steak and a baked potato; that sort of thing. We just can’t keep eating huge heavy meals at night. I’m having soup tonight but making chili for my husband. I can’t eat chili any more because it wrecks my stomach.

Enjoy your walk! We’ve got sun and a high of 65 degrees today!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    That’s too funny Susie because I’m thinking of doing the same thing switching my main meal to lunchtime and at dinner just having soup or a sandwich or salad kind of thing more later I’m on my phone now but I think it’s a great idea sorry about your electricity though
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I am SUCH a marooooon.... i have 140 cals left for dinner when i only had a muffin for breakfast and an omelette for lunch .... the damn muffin had 340 calories gak!! I have been treating myself to one a week since the lockdown... but that aint gonna happen again!

Anyway.. the reason i'm an idiot.. i have been trying to use leftovers more and i had 1/2 a tomato, 1 slice of bacon and 2 green onions to use.. and a bit of cheese so i figured it would make a nice little ommellete... i had a slice of whole grain thin toast on the side as well..

BUT.. it wasnt til i sat down to eat that i realized i hadn't logged anything and i could have just scanned the damn barcodes as i took stuff out of the fridge - on the eggs and cheese and bread and butter and ketchup lol...so when i was finished i had to drag it all out again and scan it lol.. note to self.. when you are prepping a meal, keep your phone handy so you can scan what you can as you go!!

Altho they have improved the most recent foods so i could grab the tomato and green onion and bacon easily ... and my coffee is saved as a meal now... lol so if i smarten up the logging could be easier now... i also notice there's a new section of recipes.. not in the message boards but on my phone app.. not sure about the laptop version but i went thru some; they have then categorized as keto, low carb, yada yada.. so another source potentially..

I heard from Milove; with the 2nd wave of the pandemic she is very busy but at least she's ok.. hoping to hear from Vail soon too pls - just so we know you're good!!

Righto.. I'm off to another exciting day of lockdown... I may try to go out for my walk today the snow has stopped and it didnt really accumulate so i should go ....... yes i should... lol

• suzyqholland
    Options
    Lol! I’m sitting right next to you on that struggle bus! It’s hard to get back in the swing of logging. I’ll check out the recipes.

I’m so relieved that Milove is okay! Hopefully Vail will check in soon.

Did I mention that hubby and I have a goal of 46 hikes in 52 weeks? I got him a small field notes book that has 46 pages in it. The goal is to record one hike per page. We always end up trying to remember when we hiked a certain trail or try to remember the name of one we did or something like that. Now they’ll be recorded. So...46 pages = 46 hikes. We tried a new local trail today and went 3.6 miles before my foot was really hurting. It was more of a walk in the woods but it counts. Lol.

• Snooozie
    Options
    Suzy what an AWESOME goal for the hikes!!! and what a great idea.. i can actually completely understand not remembering which ones you've done and the names of them lol.. my last walk i took a picture of the sign in the parking lot (it was a big place along the lake with loads of different trails and lots) so i think that's awesome!!

I hope your foot is okay today after the ouch from that fab walk.... and YES it certainly does count if you're off the couch and on your feet it's a WIN!! AND 3.6 miles.. holy cow... lol its kinda wet out there so i may try the leslie sansone 3 mile with weights video today... i was only going to tdo the one mile but you have inspired me!

3 days in i have learned a few things.. while i have definitely cut out a lot of the crap foods and junk snacks, i am HUNGRY and i eat when i hungry.. so i'm still way over my 1400 cals goal every day...the numbers are a bit shocking so im not even going to think about how much i was actually eating with all that crap i was consuming for the past 8 months!

i think my tummy is going to have to get used to being hungry for a bit.... let it get back to only needing smaller amounts in it because right now its obviously used to being fed a lot and more often!! so its good i'm seeing this all again - especially the calorie counts.. its also helping to go thru my saved meals to see what i was eating when i was losing the first time...
    so even tho i'm not making the 1400 cal goal i have set for myself.. i'm definitely getting closer and re learning the things i need to make this successful again... so i'm definitely in a better place today for sure :)
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    My foot is okay, I guess. I’m just so disappointed that it’s still bothering me after all these months. I really really feel that a lot of the problem is how much weight I’m carrying. I’m trying to stay positive and believe that it will get better.

I haven’t made my 1400 calorie goal each day either but, like you, I’m so much more conscious of what I’m eating. I admit to being hungry, too. I try to tell myself that I’ve consumed enough calories but my stomach isn’t listening.
  • milove1029
    milove1029 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone, glad 2020 is gone, looking forward to a much better year.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Thanks so much for taking the time to check in milove glad to hear you’re OK and all the best for a happy and healthy 2021 for you

Last night around 9 PM I came so close to getting dressed going out and getting potato chips cause I was just Jonesing for them but I did NOT go - that was my big win for yesterday lol.
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Good to hear from you, Milove! Happy New Year!

Good for you, Snoozie for staying strong and fighting that craving!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    yup i just remembered "today"... and fought it... but i got close enough that i went into the bedroom to change before i managed to stop ...!

i did a porch drop to a friend this morning; she wanted to borrow my shredder so i brot it up and left on the porch and she left me some pork tenderloin she made last nite so i dont have to cook anything except veg... thats a bonus day for sure lol

hows the hand doing suzy???
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    My hand is doing okay. I started deep cleaning the kitchen today and now it’s hurting a bit. Probably overdid it. I want to deep clean my entire house. It’s four bedrooms, two and a half baths with a full basement so that’s going to take me until April for sure. My strategy is to stay so busy cleaning that I don’t have time to think about eating. We’re hoping to sell and downsize in the next few years so I’m getting a start on it. I didn’t even notice that I skipped lunch today so maybe my plan will help.

I wish someone had left me some pork tenderloin for dinner! Lol. I’m making chicken breast stuffed with broccoli and laughing cow garlic and herb cheese. Do you have that cheese there? It’s a soft cheese. I’m making it up so we’ll see how it tastes. I’m having some riced cauliflower with it...just sautéed with a little butter. I’ve saved enough calories today to have that last piece of pumpkin pie! I’m counting the housework as exercise. Lol. I should have gone for a walk though.

• Snooozie
    Options
    Wow you have set quite a goal with deep cleaning the whole house Suzy!!! I think your strategy will work - you'll either be too busy or too exhausted to think about eating lol!

oh yes i'm very familiar with laughing cow cheese lol... i used to use it in pasta and veggies - toss a triangle into the pasta for a low fat "sauce" as it melted in.. and i love it spread on crackers.. been a while since i had some so might add it to my next shopping list!

I seem to remember a recipe similar from the southbeach diet days.. pound out chicken breast thin, lay a slice of ham and a piece of LC cheese cut up, roll it up dip in egg and roll in parmesan cheese and bake...

I did better today with my calories - getting closer to my goal # of 1400.. I'm still logging everything i eat even tho it goes over just so i can keep seeing the actual #'s...

My little challenge with my cousins and sisters (virtual) started yesterday.. this one i did they have to choose one of 3 options to do every single day... either cardio, balance and stretch, or strength training .. each session has to be at least 10 min BUT everyone can choose whichever one they feel like doing each day.. and they get 5 pts for each type they complete in a single day with the winner being whoever has the most points at the end of January...

Yesterday was the first day and all of us checked in with one type done.. except my aunt (the one we are kinda doing this for who is 74) announces she has done TWO sessions.. a cardio AND a balance/stretch one ( iI sent her a bunch of difference balance and stretch exercises for seniors she could try) anyway.... as soon as she posted she did TWO... DARNED if one of the cousins decides SHE is gonna do another one because she can't let "Nana" (my aunt) outdo her LOLOLOL... so she went and did a stretch session so she could claim 2 done as well!! It was TOO funny - talk about a tiny competitive streak!! But it did give everyone a laugh and start us out with a great first day of the challenge lol

That said.... today i did the balance and stretch moves for 10, then i did a chair yoga class online too... i'm actually VERY surprised at how much i like the chair yoga... i cant get on the floor so i cant do real yoga, and i thot the chair one would be lame at first.. but i actually like it.... but i had to go thru a lot online to find one where i liked the instructor LOLOL.. if the voice bugs me or the demeanour bothers me i cant do it.... there was one where the chick was perky!! WHO is perky for a yoga class?? its supposed to be quiet and calm lol

I did find one i like and all you can hear is the ocean behind her... i'm going to try a few more so i dont get bored with just the one but i'll definitely do a few more for my "balance and stretch" components every few days. Tomorrow the sun is actually supposed to show it's face and i think it will be a degree or two above 0, so i'm hoping to get a nice long walk in outdoors.. i did the leslie sansone walk at home video yesterday and that was fine occasonally but i'd much prefer to be outside walking when i can considering it's winter

Still haven't gotten a reply from Vail with my msg and haven't seen her here.. hope she's ok.. Also been a few since we saw Gail so if you get time please pop in even if it's only for a sec? hugs

• suzyqholland
    Options
    Lol at a perky yoga instructor! That would be a big no from me as well. I’ve been wanting to get back to doing yoga but my hand can’t take downward dog yet. I never thought about chair yoga! I’ll have to look that one up. PM me the link, if you think of it.

A degree or two above zero? Brrrrrr!!!! Remind me not to complain about cold weather on here. Lol.

The chicken was really good! Hubby even liked it!