WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    PW 149.2
    CW 148.6

This has been my best month since I joined the challenge in January 2020! A few more months like this and I could be at my goal weight.

Way to go Kelly! keep up the momentum :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,304 Member
    Options
    You have a new member heading your way ... Please welcome @ob1msu :)
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hey all. Welcome @texasruby354 and @ob1msu :)

We had an unplanned, celebratory takeaway last night - I got a pay rise at work, more than I'd asked for. As I'd asked, I felt like if they weren't forthcoming I would have to leave (why devalue myself etc) and I didn't want to - both for comfort zone reasons but also because I really like the company and it's a good fit - so I am very relieved, as well as happy about the increased income. I fit said takeaway in by eating my exercise calories and really enjoyed it. I think that should alleviate the undercurrent of stress I've been feeling which is always a good thing.

Trying my workout after work today instead of in the morning, mostly because I didn't want to get up. Tomorrow I'm running before work which I always find difficult as I've usually not drunk much beforehand, so I'll take a small bottle out with me, and then the work out will be in the evening. I don't think I could do the workout then run immediately after, but maybe I could if I did the condensed version. If I end up alternating full/condensed I don't have an issue with that.

We need to plan in a longer walk this weekend, probably Sunday - I'll put it in the calendar now! These need to be prioritised over DIY etc because our 20mile September walk will be here before we know it. There's a 'local' castle ruin, but it's probably a 10 mile round walk which might be a little far for us yet. I think we'll head in that direction though and extend the loop we did last weekend, aiming for 8 miles now instead of the 5-6 we have been doing so far this year. By my maths, if we increase our longest walk of the week by 2 miles every 3 weeks, we should be nicely placed for September.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,229 Member
    Options
    Look at all that green! So far this week is looking wonderful. Keep up the good work, everyone :heart:

Welcome @ob1msu - we are looking forward to getting to know you and seeing how we can help you along your journey. Dive right on in, ask any questions you may have, and get ready for a wonderful month of May.

@KellyBgetsfit YES! You are having a good month indeed - and after your patience, running after little ones, and working hard - you are reaping the results. You earned them for sure.

@AshenMoon you too! Hard work might make you a bit sore, but it sure whittles the waist :wink:

OK - I'm off to move my stallion to mare nirvana where he will pass a lovely few weeks planting some gorgeous Appaloosas! He makes lovely foals, and this will be his last season before retirement. I think he's going to have a lot of fun, and come back exhausted but happy afterwards. Have a great Wednesday, folks! I'll be back later...
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 190.4
    Well, that's a small improvement. It'll do for this week with more work to make bigger downward jumps next week.
    Heading out in a bit but will be back later this evening. xoxo
  • jugar
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Weigh in for Fri early
    Lorib642

Pw 161.1
    Cw 160.9

Going out of town for a few days

Have a great time!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,197 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... not much to say today but I'm having a stressful week at work... interesting learning to cope with these issues without using food. I have had a good week health wise... just about to go for a walk with my husband (will double as stress relief). Will report back with my weigh in tomorrow morning!
  • jugar
    Options
    Hey guys... not much to say today but I'm having a stressful week at work... interesting learning to cope with these issues without using food. I have had a good week health wise... just about to go for a walk with my husband (will double as stress relief). Will report back with my weigh in tomorrow morning!

It is always interesting to cope with stress without food - it will not always work even after successes, but the more you can stay on that side of the line, the better! It feels great to break through the habits and reactions. The more the better!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @jugar I’ve never been around horses so it’s funny to read your post about “mare nirvana”!
    hilarious!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    ashleycarole86

PW 258.4
    CW 254.2
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late. It was a disappointing weigh in, I have to give up my 50lb loss tiara until I get back on track.

CW 194.8

They've extended our covid restrictions until at least May 9th (likely to be extended again!) so I can't shop locally for any 'non-essentials' like new clothes. I absolutely love the capris and yoga leggings from Costco but they're not available to purchase and I'm no longer a XXL to fit in the clothes from last summer. Gonna have to break back out the sewing machine and see if something can be modified to work for the next bit.

Sucks for the disappointing final weigh in for April, but I can always aim for May to be a full month of green.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey good idea about trying to sew up an alteration that works. I got my first sewing machine over the winter but don't really have the skills yet to attempt anything like that. My pants aren't fitting right and I don't own a belt so it's getting pretty sloppy over here ;)
  • gak71
    gak71 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and usually take a sneak peak at bedtime to see how I did during the day. The fluctuations are maddening! During May I’d like to cut back to once per week.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Hi friends! I missed you all. Just finished reading 55+ posts. I’m sure I missed a bunch before my last post.

My son in law came home from the hospital yesterday. He looks good except for the fact that he lost 14 pounds while in the hospital. The first hospital was literally starving him. Duke Hospital made all the difference. They found the bleeding and stopped it. Poor guy had 6 transfusions. So he weighs less than me and is 6’4”. I need to feed that boy now.

I weighed myself this morning and was 196.5. Not bad after a week or so like we just had. I think I will still take an excused this week as I am trying to regroup. I will post a starting weight for May though. Does that make sense @jugar? I’ll have to check the spreadsheet because I honestly don’t remember what my last weigh in was. 🤪 Don’t want to mess up your green.

Speaking of green and success, you all had a great week last week! So proud of you all. I’m looking forward to joining that success.

I am going to lose some weight in May and get back to my exercise habit. I so so so miss not doing a Pilates workout these last few weeks. Well, I sort of did one with the little one, but it’s not quite like the video. @jugar Juliet does like to do Pilates with Robin on the beach. 😂 🏖

Today, I am focusing on drinking my water and logging my food. Will still probably be busy because I want to help my daughter with preparing meals. She’s exhausted too. And my garden (or lack thereof) needs attention.

Welcome to our new members!! This is a great group. 😀💪🏼

Thanks to everyone for the care, concern and prayers!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Xoxo Michele
This discussion has been closed.