WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    This is an awesome Friday! Great work everyone! After weeks of seeing the same number it moved and in a great way. Think it was swelling from my pulmonary edema and now that it's down the scale is moving again.
    PW:219
    CW: 211

• healthygirlintransit
    healthygirlintransit Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My healthy intention is to enjoy nature. I would love to walk my local trail and see if I can find some butterflies along the way and just reconnect with myself.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My healthy intention this weekend is to do a long forest walk tomorrow with my backpack in preparation for my 25K Thames Bridges Trek this September. Looking forward to it! I shall also log everything. And I'm doing an online course on Sunday, so I will need to prepare my healthy snacks and water to save myself from "dangerous" nibbles.

Happy weekend, everyone!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,228 Member
    Options
    @jugar I need a weigh in redo!
    Yesterday 228.8
    Today 226.8!!!

Will you please change my weigh in for this week? Also, can I change my weigh in day to Friday from now on? Thanks 😊

Wow! Yes and yes!
  • jugar
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Friday
    Lorib642
    PW: 161.0
    CW: 161.1

I will be out of town next Fri, may I weigh-in early next week? @jugar

Any day you like. Or late if you want to put it in any time up to 8:00 am Sunday (Eastern Time)
  • jugar
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    Happy Friday everyone! What's everyone's healthy intention for this weekend?
    This weekend will be cold and wet here, but I still intend to get out for my walks as much as reasonably possible. I will also be doing yoga to fill in the gaps if required (and maybe on top of walking - we shall see!)
    Got lots of healthy meals planned and looking forward to the mental break from work. Enjoy the weekend all.

My healthy intention this weekend is to do some “bridge work” both days. We’re walking back and forth across our local bridge to help us get ready for our hikes in Alaska this summer. In Florida the bridges are the closest things we have to mountains!

This is a good demonstration of ingenuity! Hills and mountains are quite a challenge, so you are smart to get ready. Going down is the toughest! Lace those boots tight :smiley:

This weekend I will be getting ready for my first horse ride since my injury last year. Monday I'm going to take a lesson with my favourite coach to see where things are, as far as being out of shape for riding goes. So this weekend? A squat challenge, hip flexibility extra work, and no break from Pilates - core, core, core! It is the best thing for riding. Can't wait to get back to it!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My healthy intentions for the weekend are stay in my calories and get some regular ballet workouts going again because it makes my hips feel better!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Friday
    Lorib642
    PW: 161.0
    CW: 161.1

I will be out of town next Fri, may I weigh-in early next week? @jugar

Any day you like. Or late if you want to put it in any time up to 8:00 am Sunday (Eastern Time)
    jugar wrote: »

Thank you! I will log in on sat
  • jugar
    Options
    This is an awesome Friday! Great work everyone! After weeks of seeing the same number it moved and in a great way. Think it was swelling from my pulmonary edema and now that it's down the scale is moving again.
    PW:219
    CW: 211

Holy moly! That is some whoosh! Swelling and inflammation are a huge contributor to weight not moving - WTG! I am sure you'll be our top loser this week!
  • jugar
    Options
    Only 3 people coming up for a Saturday weigh-in, and one scale-less person catching up!

@Micki48
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @EvMakesChanges

There have been some beautiful breakthroughs this month, some steady losses, and very few gains for the month. Great work! I know some people were worried with working from home, family difficulties, and other problems, and you have made things work anyhow. What a team. One more week to go - keep doing whatever it is that is working, and our April will be something to brag about.
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Cw 161.6

I dont remember my last weight, i know I was pretty disappointed with it though.

I had a rough week in regards to exercise and walking, but the food was mostly good, and judging by the scale that's what matters.. now if I can just keep it up...

Have a good day!
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    My healthy intentions for this weekend are to soak up some sun. Its beautiful sunny here (just sorta chilly compared to Florida) and I want to be outside. It helps with my fitness and my mood. :blush:
  • sunny9847
    sunny9847 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    PW: 113.1
    CW: 113
    Sorry I didn’t track any steps this week. I got a severe UTI. Almost and to go to ER for IV. But just felt awful. Still on meds till middle of next week. Hope to be back on track after that. Just not right yet.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I didn't check in at all Friday because I started my weekend early on Thursday night. The municipal boat launch opened so we were second in line to get our boat in the water for the season. I didn't have many healthy intentions for the weekend, as my hip is still recovering, but the weather turned gorgeous and of course, more rocks needed to be moved! Every neighbour on our block was out lakeside this morning doing yard work, it was really nice to see everyone at a distance after hibernating all winter.
    I'm going to buckle down now that I've checked in and make sure my last weigh in for April is green! I haven't made it to goal yet, the slacking and celebration needs to wait a bit longer!
  • jugar
    Options
    Cw 161.6

I dont remember my last weight, i know I was pretty disappointed with it though.

I had a rough week in regards to exercise and walking, but the food was mostly good, and judging by the scale that's what matters.. now if I can just keep it up...

Have a good day!

The memory is playing tricks on you, Vikki! Last week you lost 2.4 pounds. This week another 1 pound. You are on a roll!
  • jugar
    Options
    @sunny9847 - I hope you feel better fast! Your steps are always so consistent (as you are with everything!) - let's hope you're back at it really soon. :heart:

I had a rather demented day. After running errands in the morning, I met up with a friend for a 5 mile walk with her two silly dogs. It was a beautiful day - reward for living through the 2 days of snow squalls Wednesday and Thursday, I figure. After my walk I was going to go and lunge my horse and let him enjoy the lovely day too. Well, 25 minutes or so into our walk, my son called me. He was in a small town over an hour away and had been stopped for speeding. The cop decided he needed a week without his license to think about his rather dramatic speed (on an empty road far out in the country). As a result, my son needed a ride home and a driver for his car. My friend and I put on the speed and made it back to her house in 20 minutes, but then I had to go home to pick up my husband as second driver. He was WAY off in the woods with his pet chainsaw, and I put in a personal best hiking many of our trails hither and yon until I found him. We finally had a lovely drive, picked up the miscreant, and I got to drive his Nissan Z car all the way home from there! Spiffy little number, but I drove it like the old lady that I am. He coached me on my shifting technique. We had a good talk. After all that, dinner was at 8:30 pm and now I'm feeling stuffed. Good thing I got in so many steps at such speed... and no fitbit to record it! The band broke yesterday and I'll get the replacement in a few days.

So, folks - only one more week for us to polish up our April stats - and it has been a very good month for us. Keep the roll going! Last weigh-ins due for the week:

@mbakhtiaruz
    @graceojo999
    @EvMakesChanges
    @Micki48 (I know you are going through a tough time with your son in hospital, so if you cannot update, no problem)

Tallies begin at 8 am Sunday morning Eastern time. Thanks!
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in

PW - 188.4
    CW - 188.7

I really wanted to record a loss today - so sorry!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    nvs623ldlpwm.gif

:star:WEEK FIVE CHALLENGE is up! This week you will give up something that has been causing you to struggle and replace it with something that will help you move closer to your goals. Let's finish April strong!! B)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831241/week-five-challenge-do-this-not-that#latest
This discussion has been closed.