WaistAways - April 2021 Team Chat

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,194 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215
    This is amazing news! Stressful, but wonderful. It will feel so good once you are finally in your new house - even if there is a ton of work to do. If you need some excused weeks from weighing in, just let me know. But holding steady is GOOD!

hugs to you ---
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    gak71 wrote: »
    PW - 224.4 lbs
    CW - 223.7 lbs

Ughh not even a pound but at least I am no longer obese anymore, just overweight according to my BMI. :)

Congratulations, that’s my next goal but still about 20 pounds away!

Thanks! You'll be joining me soon I'm sure
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 congrats on getting into your new house! Hopefully that will make it easier for you to control your kitchen and cooking situation compared to when you had to share that space with people who weren't on the same page as you.

@happimess01 "rolls model" 😂😂😂🤣 good job!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 congrats on getting into your new house! Hopefully that will make it easier for you to control your kitchen and cooking situation compared to when you had to share that space with people who weren't on the same page as you.

@happimess01 "rolls model" 😂😂😂🤣 good job!

😂 I was hoping someone would catch that
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    PW: 211
    CW: 209
    @jugar thanks yeah usually I give up but I really want to get my health under control and this team is extremely motivating and pushes me to keep going.

It shows! Last week you were our number 1 loser. Way too often, the #1 person has a rebound and gains the following week. Look at you, though! You are having a great ROLL! OK, too many roll, role, rolls jokes :wink:
  • jugar
    Options
    I am super inspired tonight.

For many years, I have found the information on gmb.io (a website set up by some physiotherapist/trainers) extremely useful. I enrolled in one of their programs several years ago, but only found parts of it really worked for me at that time. I still use the site often, and this week one of the founders posted a message about the daily use of the front and back scale - basically a leg lift to the front with straight legs and straight back, moving through to a back leg lift with the torso on a straight line with the leg. I decided to see if I could do it as well as that guy, and the back scale a piece of cake, but the front one was quite shockingly bad. Stiff hip and back. Quad cramping. I was quite peeved, even though my balance was good. Hmmph. So I went back on their site to get info on how to figure out what was the problem and how to improve. This got me back into the program I had already started ages ago. They have updated it, and it is all about the hip mobility and other areas I am having troubles with since my surgery and through my recovery. Now I am totally committed to re-doing that program and seeing if it helps. I'll still do Pilates as well, I think they complement each other well. I really see how that hip and lower back are in need of their kind of approach. I hope it works!

As always, you all are an inspiration and lots of fun. We're just about to finish up this amazing month, and there are only a few more weigh-ins to go. Here you are - please get these in by 8 am tomorrow eastern time! Thanks -

@conleywoods
    @sunny9847
    @Gidgitgoescrazy

new people! Please be ready to roll with your first weigh-ins!
    @ob1msu - due Sunday
    @renewal_2021 - due Sunday
    @texasruby354 - due Friday (you have plenty of time!)

I need a starting weight and weigh-in day from you @MoStacy !
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    PW: 226.8
    CW: 228.6

Bummer but not surprised. I had a busy week at work with some stressful moments. We are getting ready to make a big change at work and there are still more unknowns than known at this point. My family was trying to be helpful and got take out more than once this week. I also didn't log my full days or couldn't remember and gave up. Restarting ASAP! My son's b day is tomorrow. Wow, he will be 10!!! We are making pizza and I have a vegetable tray and a berry salad. Should be fine for calories.

I am definitely feeling frustrated with my weight. I have had a lot of fluctuations throughout the month. Some definitely my fault and others are more a mystery. Need to just refocus. Exercise has improved a lot this month.

@SMcFall0215 So exciting for your family to be moving out of the basement!!! Moving is a lot of work but it's going to be worth it.

@jugar I have looked at that program before but haven't taken the plunge to purchase it. I definitely have lots of hip stuff from sitting in tiny chairs and squatting down so much at work. I would love to hear more about your progress.

@PlaneMonkey So sorry you can't go shopping. That happened to me last spring. This year I have been doing a lot of shopping online. There are a lot of returns and the post office probably thinks there is something wrong with me! But I have found some keepers. Good luck
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Saturday!

It is freezing today :/ and sometimes little white things are floating through the air. I have decided they are optical illusions. I have to get to work right away - time to open up the May team chat threads. Prepare your (re)introductions!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 636 Member
    Options

Ugh... Its been a rough week, I am having some trouble with my lower back and my ear... BUT my health insurance starts today, so I have an appt set up with my ear doc already, but I will need to see my primary to get an mri on my back to send to the orthopedic before I see him. Unfortunately I eat when I don't feel well...
  • jugar
    Options

Ugh... Its been a rough week, I am having some trouble with my lower back and my ear... BUT my health insurance starts today, so I have an appt set up with my ear doc already, but I will need to see my primary to get an mri on my back to send to the orthopedic before I see him. Unfortunately I eat when I don't feel well...

Ugh indeed. Make yourself a batch of ginger tea (fresh ginger, grated fine, all the juice squeezed out - pour hot water over the juice, add honey or maple syrup in small amounts, or a few drops of tamari or soy sauce if you want it more like broth). It really helps with the inflammation AND the urge to eat all the things!
  • jugar
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Our new Team Chat for May is open!

Please continue to post this week's stats (weigh and steps/exercise) here.

Head over to the new chat for introductions, goal setting, and getting all ready for a new week and a new month!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10831817/waistaways-may-2021-team-chat/p1?new=1
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    CW 196.6
  • jugar
    Options
    This chat is now CLOSED! Go to May - link just above. It was a wonderful April!
This discussion has been closed.