• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    bwm3z8cambfb.png
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @rwood566
    Congratulations Roger on exceeding 10,000 steps 👏🏻👏🏻 I just love all of the new holidays 😄 That's awesome that you enjoyed the mini coconut cream pie and still under by MFP (plus you had the 10,425 steps and arm workout calories in the bank, sitting there untouched- amazing, I need every one of my banked calories 😆

You definitely should join the ladies. They would love that too!

Oh my goodness! You're daughter is a GENIUS! That's a fantastic tradition. I may have to steal that one from you for a Christmas gift for next year.

I know I said this yesterday, that cherry syrup sounds addicting. That's a great plan for the day. Enjoy celebrating Mother's Day!
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,956

Happy Mother’s Day!!

Yesterday was what I would call an active day for me, I had over 5k steps just from doing stuff and I added an intentional walk on top of that so I ended up with over 10k steps for the day. That is a LOT for me!

I just want to say how happy I am to have stumbled upon this challenge and be a part of this group. Seeing everyone’s challenges and successes is incredibly motivating to me. It keeps me pushing forward no matter what is going on in life around me.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

brcou9tm6nu5.png
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    Great loss! I googled tikka masala and pinned it.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Exciting that your son is coming to visit.

@Beautyofdreams
    I hope you find an outlet for that anxiety. Good luck with your grafts next week.

@TheresaM787
    That’s impressive that you still continued to get your 8 miles. You made a great plan to prevent over eating and stuck to it. Well done!

@rwood566
    I bought different types of mini desserts to bring to our backyard visit yesterday. I was shocked at the calories in a mini cheesecake. Love the national day celebrations especially doing them with your daughter.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 6,623

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms!!!

Went to an early cold baseball game for my son and laid low the rest of the day. My daughter passed along her cold to my son and I. I am now down to just my big toe being numb. Wish I know what did it because I am a little nervous to work out or walk far.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @rwood566 Do you know what causes the numbness in your toes? I am pretty healthy other than that pesky varicose vein in the legs that seems to be reeling it’s ugly head in that leg again.
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

5/7 10,781
    5/8 12,100
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    Glad it's only your big toe now. Hope that numbness goes away completely.

@TheresaM787
    So glad you filled in for the motivator role. Love your encouragement!

@Beautyofdreams
    Anxiety is so tough to deal with. I haven't read the blog yet, but I will. Hope your next skin graft goes well.

@rwood566
    Love the national day celebrations with your daughter! Look at all of those steps!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    That's wonderful that you will see your son!

@lmf1012
    Great steps!

@Poobah1972
    Love your sense of humor. Knee pain is just awful when exercising:( You're doing great! Glad to hear that you have no ill effects from your shot.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Crazy day! I hope your knee is feeling better with some rest today.

@rlaskey2
    Your not diabetic right? I hope you get answers from your doctor regarding the numbness.

• red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, and Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there…and all the dads doing double-duty!!

@lindamtuck2018 anxiety is the worst! Thank you for the support. I learned some coping strategies long ago, which do help. I hope you have some, as well - they’re so, so important for our mental health.

@Tazaria87 that all sounds amazing!

@TheresaM787 yall are the best! The support is lovely, and always helpful. Anxiety is the worst, but this group is a nice comfort.

@Beautyofdreams I applaud the teachers of those with special needs. I teach high school gen Ed, and it’s already he’s enough. Adding in a pandemic, and those with special needs - omg - my hat goes off to your sister!
    I’m sorry your anxiety is up - I completely understand, and it’s really hard when you feel trapped! Good job on damage control with the core exercises. Hopefully it also helped relieve some of your anxiety.

@rwood566 thank you! That’s pretty cool that you found a friend from years ago!!

@lmf1012 10K steps is awesome! It’s always nice when you meet your step goal, AND have extra energy on top of that. I find it really exciting and motivating - my dog loves it too, cuz that usually means she gets a walk! LOL I agree this group is super motivating!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 That’s so exciting you get to see your son, and be done with your surgery! I know that must be a stress relief!

Steps for the last few days:
    5/7: 9,531
    5/8: 11,465 (WOOOO!!!)

I’m going to meet my dad and stepmom for dinner tonight for a Mother’s Day dinner. I’m going to try not to overdo it. Tomorrow, my BIL is grilling for a belated Mother’s Day thing, so I’m going over there for dinner. That shouldn’t be too bad of a calorie-hit.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:
    5/5: 4017
    5/6: 12,271
    5/7: 12,113
    5/8: 10,888

I'll post today's steps tonight😊
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    9th May
    Steps: 12,428
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    That must be an uncomfortable change going back in. Look at how well you are doing already! Plus you're putting the extra hours. Huge step count on Thursday! That's just another benefit of work, depending on what it is, you can get in those extra steps AND get paid for it 😆

Right?!? I am alright once I get to work.... right now, we need a conceirge at the front to hand out mobile and delivery orders, so I ask to sit there once in a while. To be honest, I am still standing and moving a lot, but the odd 5 min sit down here and there really helps!

I worry about burning out, but I can build myself up for sure... I have nooooooo stamina right now! haha
    @littleflutterby
    You need to ease back in to work. You were off for awhile so it will take your body a minute to get back to full speed. Are you doing your dancing again?
    No dancing yet. I did about 15-20 min once a few weeks ago but I got out of the habit of doing it! I really need to start again!
    363days wrote: »
    @littleflutterby Wow you are jumping back into the groove with all of the standing and walking. Your activity level is probably much more than reflected on steps.
    For sure. I make up for standing periods by just dancing around on the spot like an eejit haha. It's nice to see an improvement in my steps and my movement!
    @littleflutterby great job diving back into work and helping your co-worker out! How is your abdominal pain, now? I hope it has diminished and you have started dancing again.
    The pain is totally gone!! It's amazing really. Thank goodness- it was brutal!
    Just a reminder I need steps from the following people

@littleflutterby -5/7-5/8

Yes, sorry! I was going to do it last night but fell asleep haha

7/5- 11761
    8/5- 4020

Today- still working on it :D
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @roz0810
    You must be doing fantastic in those FitBit step challenges! Awesome day👏🏻👏🏻

@Bluetail6
    Look how high your steps have gotten!! Incredible few days🎉🎉

@lindamtuck2018
    Such a lovely weekend with your family! Grandkids are the best (that's what my kids tell my parents all of the time). You were able to get in a really high number of steps, especially without going for a walk. Plus you're finally catching up on all of those nights of lost sleep.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/9
    Steps 10,600
    Peloton 8.5 miles, 35 minutes, slow

I didn't sleep very well last night, I've been awake since 3AM. I still biked, but I couldn't even come close to my usual pace. My husband made a brioche French Toast with a small slice of leftover cheesecake on top (yup, it was that kind of breakfast). After breakfast, we took the kids for a 5k walk by the water. Came home, relaxed. My daughter and I made a lemon yogurt bundt cake. Relaxed some more. My husband took the remaining French Toast and turned them into mock-Monte Cristo sandwiches for dinner (sweet and salty). While family took showers, went out for a quick walk to get me to 10,000 steps. It was a fantastic Mother's Day, except it went by way too fast.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 what is in your jugs dinner? Always mean to ask but forget!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @363days
    I bet Sedona will be fun!! Also, you are very welcome and I'm glad my post helped. I agree that getting tips along the way is helpful. As long as we realize we are on our own journey, and don't compare ourselves to others. If we put in the effort, we will get there.😊

@red1185
    I'm sorry you are having a hard time at the moment. I hope your therapist can help.🧡

@Beautyofdreams
    I'm glad you will be able to get in some movement soon. It is a great thing that you don't have to wait a long time after your procedure to get movement.😊

@roz0810
    I'm not surprised you find your Fitbit motivating!! I love my Garmin, as I stated on our wall. Now that I added the chest strap... even more motivating.😁

@TheresaM787
    You are kind to appreciate my "novels." It really is fun to hear about what works and doesn't work for others. Also, even better if we find a little nugget we can incorporate into our own journey.😊

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

This discussion has been closed.