Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Grats to the team for 1st place. I have a bone to pick, though. Last Wednesday @lcfa5317 logged in with an 8 lb loss. Were they overlooked or exempt or did I misread it again?

I know this is not my department anymore but seen as I entered those weights in the spreadsheet I thought I would reply. Based on previous weeks reported weight, the 8 pounds appears to be a typo. I just rechecked the last few weeks reported weights in the chat. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,908 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Reminder if I do not have your steps by the end of today(Monday 5/10/21) I will be zeroing them out
    I still needs steps from:

@cesse47 5/2-5/9
    @my_monkey_my_circus 5/2-5/9

Thank you :)

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12,470

Relaxing day out in the sunshine. Hubby and daughter made French toast in the am for me skipped lunch and had a turkey burger for dinner.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Insight Timer, the meditation app, is having a live event tomorrow at six (I think that is pacific time) about breathing to reduce anxiety. https://insig.ht/e/jWeLjNnh9fb
    I am not sure how the whole thing works if you don't have the app? Maybe the link above?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,513 Member
    Options
    @rwood566
    I keep forgetting to answer a question you asked awhile back about veggie burgers. For some reason it popped in my head to ask my daughter the other day and I just noticed the note I jotted down. She said the ones they like best are the Hillary’s World best vegetarian burgers. My granddaughter also likes the president choice veggie burger. For a fast food one she really likes the Harvey’s veggie burger. I have had that one and it is really good. Do the have Harvey’s in the states for some reason I think it is a Canadian chain? Hope this helps and sorry it took me so long. I have a terrible memory.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just drove 20 minutes to see my GP who apparently just called in and drove another 20 minutes to come home... A phone call would of been nice ..The receptionist said oh well he just called in ...I am sooo tired of people not doing their jobs ...I go back on the 19th at 8:30am ...rant over
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I just drove 20 minutes to see my GP who apparently just called in and drove another 20 minutes to come home... A phone call would of been nice ..The receptionist said oh well he just called in ...I am sooo tired of people not doing their jobs ...I go back on the 19th at 8:30am ...rant over

That really sucks... Sorry to hear that!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »

That really sucks... Sorry to hear that!

Thanks Jonathan .... off to my surgeon soon to get the rest of my staples out and ask why it burn inside and when can I start walking with my daughter and husky... I am antsy to say the least ...
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    5/9 Steps Check-in: 7,502

A very nice Mother's Day yesterday. Had a leisurely morning and a nice early afternoon nap. Had dinner out with my 3 kids and stayed under my calories. I ate some edamame, salmon and tuna sashimi, some hibachi vegetables, a little miso soup, and my daughter's 2 appetizer shrimp. Yum!

Today is already a busy work day plus I have to watch my nephew for I don't know how long this evening. Not to mention, the weather is iffy so not sure what I am going to do to get in my 30 minutes of exercise today. Hmmm
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lmf1012
    That sounds like a lovely Mother's Day with your children (and steps). Congratulations on staying under, while eating out. Great planning! 👏🏻

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yup, I'd be frustrated too. The GP should have given more notice.
    So glad you're getting the rest of the staples out today and hopefully will get some answers. Hopefully, the surgeon will permit some walking - I know you really want to get back out there.
    Thank you for leading and managing the step challenge for us, I know it's a lot of extra work. You're awesome for taking that on! 🤗

@888Angie888
    Thank you for sharing. 🤩

@rlaskey2
    I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day with your family AND were able to get all of those steps in to boot. 🙌🏻

@lindamtuck
    Congratulations on getting 3 out of 3 ✅ 🎉 ! Oh no, I'm sorry the anxiety is so bad. Hopefully on Wednesday, you receive some helpful suggestions for sleep and anxiety management. Good plan to get those exercises done and go for a walk after your coffee! 🤗

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    10th May
    Steps 15,233

Really loving my fitbit, would never push myself this hard without it 👍
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Went to my Surgeon ...he took 3 staples out and told me to come back on Thursday or Friday to get the other 2 out ......I am tired of driving so far away ...but at least I can resume to walking Aspen :)

I am not ready to walk my dog... just tried going around the block and it hurts like hell .... I think I will take the entire month off from walking and resume when my daughter is done with school ...She is out of school June 10th that way we can go out early in the morning and not have to rush home because she has classes with her other teachers
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    Your knee sounds so painful. I hope it heals quickly. Your workout room looks like it belongs in a gym! Love all the new exercise toys that you got/getting. Great job on the steps 👏🏻👏🏻 be careful with that knee.

@Tazaria87
    That's such a fun way to celebrate Mother's Day! So glad you had a wonderful weekend. Oh wow, he's graduating preschool. Don't they grow up fast?

Congratulations to our Top 3
    @Roz0810
    @missysave0612
    @rwood566

Congratulations to the Downsizers for Coming in First Place!!
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Reminder if I do not have your steps by the end of today(Monday 5/10/21) I will be zeroing them out

@azkunk 5/3-5/9
    @cesse47 5/2-5/9

I am going to sit out the rest of the month and focus more on nutrition and rowing
  • azkunk
    Options
    Went to my Surgeon ...he took 3 staples out and told me to come back on Thursday or Friday to get the other 2 out ......I am tired of driving so far away ...but at least I can resume to walking Aspen :)

Happy for you and Aspen 🐶
  • azkunk
    Options

I am on a diet break for 2 weeks and @megan_smartiepants said she would excuse my weigh-ins. I am happy to post but it is a gain. Just let me know.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »

@azkunk 5/3-5/9
    @cesse47 5/2-5/9

I am going to sit out the rest of the month and focus more on nutrition and rowing

Do you want me to excuse you?
This discussion has been closed.