Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    @Poobah1972
    Amazing!! Look at how far you've come in such a short time! Five laps AND it didn't feel like a chore 🤩 Yes, great advice and I'm glad you took you're own. You did come back stronger, mentally and physically. So happy for you👏🏻👏🏻 Now for the mean momma part (said sternly, but with motherly love), please don't say (even in jest) that you failed. Every step counts, and you did FIVE LAPS of steps. Some days we hit our goals, other days we may not. That's why it's a goal, something to strive for. Ok, mean momma part over - go outside and play with your friends.

Your right... My fiancé would of been all over me for that one too. I should of said I failed to hit my target yesterday. I am certainly not a failure. It was a rest day after all, and I came back all the stronger for it!

Thanks Momma Bear! :smiley:

Sounds like you were able to find a good one (fiancée). Love that she helps with your mindset. 🤩
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @lcfa5317
    Nice loss and a new decade! I am glad your daughter is on the mend. It had to be scary for you.

@Bluetail6
    Happy belated birthday!

@azkunk
    Menopause is not fun. You did good having that nap. I hope the change in medication helps.

@rwood566
    I hope things work better at the gym. I am glad you decided to give it a go again despite what happened last time. Meeting with old friends is so much fun. When I meet up with the girls I grew up with when I go to Newfoundland the conversations are shocking. We must have been a nightmare for our parents. Ok, let me get this straight, I can eat whatever I want today. Yes!

@Poobah1972
    You are killing it. One thing I bought back when I was recovering from my knee replacement was a tens machine. I find it good for back pain and my shoulder.

@Z10Rtza
    Can you get a new one?

@TheresaM787
    Great tip! Just did it!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    littleflutterby
    Weigh in- Tuesdays
    PW- 299.8
    CW- 295.8
    -4lb
    LTD- 79.2

Not the whole gain off, but I will take it! My body is weird sometimes. I seem to be bouncing between weights.. I guess it's a reminder to myself not to weigh myself daily because it really doesn't help me!

I am really hungry so have to run away and eat.... I've been trying to type my update for about half an hour now but the kitten has decided lying right on me to nap, where the keyboard would go, is the place to be lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,857
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Physio 2/2

Same old things with me. One thing I did last night was take a hot shower literally minutes before bed. I had a great sleep but my hair was like a birch broom in the fits this morning. 😂 It did help with the anxiety.

I have my physio exercises done. I am adding this as a goal to make sure I keep up with them. I am trying to decide between walking for a tea or to the garden centre to get ideas for my balcony. Afternoon will be taken up with housework. My granddaughter video chats almost every day once she is finished school and gets me to play video games with her so I try to get everything done by then.

Happy Tuesday!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    Poobah1972 wrote: »
    Fantastic Tuesday Morning Everyone!

I felt amazing out there this morning. Pain was at an absolute minimum throughout my 5 laps around the compound. It didn't feel like a chore today, that I had to grind through. The handled the hill portion of each lap with gusto and definitely had more power in my step to get up that hill and still have go-go juice when I got to the top. I even slogged the entire flat section of my last lap in a bid to keep my heart rate close to the 160 mark successfully. And as an added bonus, my heart rate monitor actually worked pretty good, except near the end for a few minutes....

So, lessons learned. Listen to my body. If the pain is making it so I cringe when I'm out there, and the enjoyment seeps out of it. TAKE A BREAK. You will come back stronger then ever, and your body and you mind will thank you for it.

Also, if you experience issues, then take steps l to alleviate them... Don't just let them get worse. Such as...

Ordered Knee brace (should have it by Friday)
    Started taking Glucosamine and Chondroitin
    Massages (lynn thankyou)
    Voltaren cream... It helps.. I think.
    Ice Gel Pack - on the list for this weekend's shopping trip.

(I'm starting to hear the Getting stronger music from Rocky... Just like I did when I was reading about Beth's hard work.) lol...

Anyway, it's all good.... Now for the Blood work this morning.

Blood Ketones 2.0
    Blood Glucose 161
    GKI 4.47

Was expecting a 3 for ketones this morning and a I'm not sure what's up with my blood sugar, but that is the highest reading I have ever had I think.... GKI is alright though... So, I'm just ignoring the whole thing.

As for the weight room, I tore down the last of the boxes and vacuumed the room. Tonight, after work I pick up the Olympic bar and some Olympic weights. It's also start to pack up all the stuff on the shelving unit, so we can get it out of the room. 😄

Other than that.... I feel GREAT! Thanks for all the love and support through these last few "Darker" days. lol

Have an amazing Tuesday Everyone! 🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️❤️🤗🤗🤗🤓😆👍

ne7nojx7uuyg.png

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Steps May 10, 2021 - 3756 (I failed.... :neutral: )

You are not a failure .... You are doing amazing with everything :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    May I have your permission to whack your surgeon with a wooden spoon? Sorry, violence is not the answer - he needs a wake up. If you are having pressure and pain standing during meal prep, HOW could he tell you that you can go for a walk? Shaking my head over here. Please use YOUR best judgement, it's clearly better than his.

Lets use a baseball bat LOL... He did my 1st hernia surgery after I had my daughter (2005) he was funny back then... now he is like a wet noodle LOL .... I drive close to an hour away ...only for him to take our 3 of the 5 staples and I go back Friday to get the other 2 out UGHHHHHHHHHHH ..... I tried walking around the block epic fail ...So I decided to take the entire month of May off ...I am in extreme pain today where the incision is and apparently I slept wrong because I am limping around today due to my hip hurting
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 10,071

Uneventful day. Tried a protein shake for lunch from a place in town that my friend likes. Two different ones opened here right around the same time. I am not a huge shake person but I wish I could be so easy versus having to think about what to eat sometimes.

My son had baseball last night so thankfully it got nice out later in the day since I was there for two hours.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2 - I am not a fan of protein shakes but I did find one that I love from Fairlife. The chocolate tasted just like drinking chocolate milk and the van was the perfect base for a homemade smoothie.

@lindamtuck2018 - my hair is curly and I go to bed every night with it wet. I leave a little conditioner I. It and put it up in a bun. I wake up to slightly damp hair, scrunch a little curl cream into it and done. Easy peasy ... a lot easy then menopause 😭

@littleflutterby - so nice to have you back 😊

@TheresaM787 - that’s a great tip to round up steps. Thanks for sharing. I do get around 8 hrs of sleep per night, it’s just not enough. Usually in bed and asleep by 9:30 or earlier and then up with the sun thanks to my 2 puppies. I really can’t get to bed any earlier then that.

@Poobah1972 - you are doing such a great job and are very inspiring. Love how your gym is coming together

@Z10Rtza - can you get a second opinion? I’m sorry that you are having such a difficult time.

@rwood566 - lol ... “coming from a man”. You have no idea of how miserable it is being a woman. Consider yourself lucky.

@Beautyofdreams - you continue to inspire me. Great job finding a way to exercise despite the graft

• TheresaM787
    Options
    @roz0810
    Congratulations on your new PERSONAL RECORD of 20,338 steps!!! How'd you do it? So happy for you!! Time for a nice foot soak.

@rlaskey2
    Boom! Hits over 10,000 steps! Round of applause for you. Before starting this process/journey/lifestyle, I used to drink protein shakes- not crazy about the taste, but they sure were easy.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Can't believe he's making you come back, let me know if you need bail money (sorry, this got dark). I'm so sorry that you're limping from the pain. I wish he would have suggested something to help alleviate the pain. I'm so glad to hear that you're taking the month off. Letting your body rest and heal, will make you stronger in the long run. I know it's not easy to refrain from walking, you'll be back out there soon.

@lindamtuck2018
    Oh yeah!! Do a dance, four out of four checks! The hot shower just before bed, GENIUS - crazy hair, just a small price to pay :D Love that your granddaughter video chats you.

@littleflutterby
    Fantastic loss! FOUR pounds <<clap clap>> You're doing incredible, what an amazing week!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Peloton- 30 minutes, 8 miles 👎
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups✅
    Tracked everything ate & drank- ✅
    Under calorie budget- ✅

It took an extra five minutes to get past the eight miles, at the end of the extra five minutes, I hit almost nine miles. Slower, but the turtle finally crossed the finish line. My daughter went on another evening walk with me. I'm loving this one-on-one time with her. I'm dreading the impending heat, I don't want this to end. I'm going to cherish every walk until then. Feeling very lucky to have this time together.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    peloton- 35 minutes, 8.9 miles, slow effort
    steps- 10,800
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Can you please change my weigh-in day to Wednesday from now on? I'll weigh tomorrow:) I see all green checks in your last message. That's great! I also take walks with my daughter and cherish them greatly. She'll be off to college in August.

@lindamtuck2018
    Such sweet time with your granddaughter. Look at all of those green checks!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Good thinking with taking the rest of the month off to let your body heal. That is so frustrating that you have to drive so far again just to get the other two staples out.

@roz0810
    That's a lot of steps in one day!

@Poobah1972
    You are doing great with your walks. Glad it was better today! I use bags of frozen green peas to ice my knees down. I make sure to put the frozen pea bag into a ziploc bag in case it leaks:) They conform to the shape of your knee.

@azkunk
    You made me laugh when you said "a lot better than menopause." My daughter has curly hair, and I know that she can't go to bed with wet hair and leave it down or it will be crazy in the morning. My hair has always been straight, but after menopause it got a bit curly!

@lcfa5317
    So scary about your daughter. Glad to hear she was able to go back to college. You said that she will have to take some incompletes. Will they not let her do the work to finish out the semester and just finish late? I have a friend whose daughter had to do that.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I do dog walking then I went for an extra walk, and im doing couch to 5k app also!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    May I have your permission to whack your surgeon with a wooden spoon? Sorry, violence is not the answer - he needs a wake up. If you are having pressure and pain standing during meal prep, HOW could he tell you that you can go for a walk? Shaking my head over here. Please use YOUR best judgement, it's clearly better than his.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the walkers out there 🎉 A big round of applause to Megan for keep track of all of those steps for us 👏🏻👏🏻

@Z10Rtza
    HUGE numbers!! Well done 🙌🏻 Blah blah, I'm not a medical professional- have you entered your information into MFP and Noom (the free trial- not the paid subscription) to see what calorie maximum you should be at? My brother-in-law was doing WW and he wasn't losing any weight, it turns out that he wasn't eating at the right calorie deficit.

@Poobah1972
    Amazing!! Look at how far you've come in such a short time! Five laps AND it didn't feel like a chore 🤩 Yes, great advice and I'm glad you took you're own. You did come back stronger, mentally and physically. So happy for you👏🏻👏🏻 Now for the mean momma part (said sternly, but with motherly love), please don't say (even in jest) that you failed. Every step counts, and you did FIVE LAPS of steps. Some days we hit our goals, other days we may not. That's why it's a goal, something to strive for. Ok, mean momma part over - go outside and play with your friends.

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE😎

Im eating around 1000 calories per day from the request of this dietist. When other dietists have been telling me that I'm not losing because I don't eat enough. I usually follow the rules of the doctor I'm with 100% So the results became in their results. But is absolutely not working.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options

@Z10Rtza
    Can you get a new one?
    My girlfriend is going to come to the consult this Friday. I'm happy and afraid at the same time from what can go from there.
    I don't trust my dietist anymore. I think that what she is offering me is completely unhealthy

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza - can you get a second opinion? I’m sorry that you are having such a difficult time.
    I don't know. I posted the diet in a group in Facebook where there are a lot of dietists and nutritionists and they were telling me to throw that to the garbage.
    The problem is that the dietist is a part of the group of "Obesitas kliniek" So I don't know how can that change or if they will allow me to do something with an external dietist.

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

01/05/2021 10.853 steps
    02/05/2021 14.765 steps
    03/05/2021 12.513 steps
    04/05/2021 8.844 steps
    05/05/2021 14.205 steps
    06/05/2021 10.613 steps
    07/05/2021 5.903 steps
    08/05/2021 11.289 steps
    09/05/2021 11.506 steps
    10/05/2021 16.233 steps + 1 hour of zumba.
    11/05/2021 13 018 steps + 45 minutes of zumba

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 this is just me typing out loud but it's something i think of every time i hear of someone in a lot of pain after surgery...could they have left something inside? i truly hope the pain lessens soon.

@Z10Rtza when you first said how little you eat it brought thoughts of bariatric surgery. that's about how much they want you to eat after you get it. good luck with friday's consult and your hunt for a new dietician, if needed.

check in for 5/11:
    steps - 4518. i walked on a treadmill so i don't know if it counted those
    calories - barely under. i ate to much at lunch, just coming back from the gym. as a result i drank water at dinner and no dessert so i'd stay under. that's something new for me to work on, i guess.
    exercise - 20 min treadmill and 4 machines to work on shoulders and back. i found out i hate treadmills. when i walk i tend to wander left and right. i can't do that on a treadmill since i keep hitting the sides, so i'm having to think extra hard about walking straight. i'll still walk my neighborhood and only use the treadmills to warm up/cool down as a last resort.

my daughter said she wants to go with me tomorrow. i told her 6am. she agreed. why did i do that? now i have to get up early. crap.

have a great hump day. <3
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    A long and exhausting day!! I will check back in later.😊
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 this is just me typing out loud but it's something i think of every time i hear of someone in a lot of pain after surgery...could they have left something inside? i truly hope the pain lessens soon.

@Z10Rtza when you first said how little you eat it brought thoughts of bariatric surgery. that's about how much they want you to eat after you get it. good luck with friday's consult and your hunt for a new dietician, if needed.
    I had a bariatric surgery in 2010. Gastric Sleeve. And that's why I want answers of why am I nowadays with all the weight back

This discussion has been closed.