Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    jsducisim5i6.png

If you are part of the Great Step Challenge, please remember to send in your step counts to @Megan_smartiepants1970 Thank you 😄
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,574 Member
    Options
    @littleflutterby
    Nice loss Tanya!

@roz0810
    Awesome steps!

@TheresaM787
    I think you did pretty good even if it was slower. Keep on enjoying those walks with your daughter. It seems like I blinked my eyes and mine all grew up.

@rwood566
    With the treadmill I try to look up and I pick a spot to look at. When I went to my old gym I always picked the treadmill that I could see the pool. It will pick up your steps as long as you don’t hold on to the rails.

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Steps May 11, 2021 = 7308 :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 - it’s nice that your daughter wants to walk with you. My kinds find walking “boring” and done not see the value of the 1:1 time. But walking season is all but ver here as we will hit our first 100*F day of the year this week 🥵🌵

@iradi8 - if I leave it down and wet, it would be a hot mess. She should try leaving a little conditioner in it and putting it into a high bun

@Z10Rtza - sounds like you might need to talk to the surgeon that did your surgery

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - @rwood566 brings up a good point. I feel that your pain level is out of proportion with what is expected. Prior to this, you were a trooper and push through with a seemingly good pain tolerance. Is the pain similar to your last hernia repair? If not, make sure he addresses it on Friday

@Poobah1972 - I wouldn’t trust the Fitbit calories. All of those are just estimates and vary significantly from app to app, even MFP. I do not eat back exercise calories at all. I have turned that function off

@lindamtuck2018 - have you considered a diet break ... eating at maintenance for 2 weeks? I am only midway through and I’m not sure how it will work but I’m giving it a shot. I hope the MRI gives you some answers and you can get into the doctor for anxiety soon

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Poobah1972 - I wouldn’t trust the Fitbit calories. All of those are just estimates and vary significantly from app to app, even MFP. I do not eat back exercise calories at all. I have turned that function off

True... But given my weight my natural TDEE is already over 4000, so over 5000 isn't that much of a stretch. But yea I generally haven't been eating my calories back and if I eat maybe 200 calories more sometimes. So still in the 1600-1800 calories a day.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,714 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 this is just me typing out loud but it's something i think of every time i hear of someone in a lot of pain after surgery...could they have left something inside? i truly hope the pain lessens soon.

@Z10Rtza when you first said how little you eat it brought thoughts of bariatric surgery. that's about how much they want you to eat after you get it. good luck with friday's consult and your hunt for a new dietician, if needed.

check in for 5/11:
    steps - 4518. i walked on a treadmill so i don't know if it counted those
    calories - barely under. i ate to much at lunch, just coming back from the gym. as a result i drank water at dinner and no dessert so i'd stay under. that's something new for me to work on, i guess.
    exercise - 20 min treadmill and 4 machines to work on shoulders and back. i found out i hate treadmills. when i walk i tend to wander left and right. i can't do that on a treadmill since i keep hitting the sides, so i'm having to think extra hard about walking straight. i'll still walk my neighborhood and only use the treadmills to warm up/cool down as a last resort.

my daughter said she wants to go with me tomorrow. i told her 6am. she agreed. why did i do that? now i have to get up early. crap.

have a great hump day. <3

I am not sure to be honest .... I think the incision is bigger than he thought it would be ... Today marks 2 weeks since the surgery ... I am hoping once all the staples are out that the pain will lessen
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @TheresaM787 - it’s nice that your daughter wants to walk with you. My kinds find walking “boring” and done not see the value of the 1:1 time. But walking season is all but ver here as we will hit our first 100*F day of the year this week 🥵🌵

@iradi8 - if I leave it down and wet, it would be a hot mess. She should try leaving a little conditioner in it and putting it into a high bun

@Z10Rtza - sounds like you might need to talk to the surgeon that did your surgery

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - @rwood566 brings up a good point. I feel that your pain level is out of proportion with what is expected. Prior to this, you were a trooper and push through with a seemingly good pain tolerance. Is the pain similar to your last hernia repair? If not, make sure he addresses it on Friday

@lindamtuck2018 - have you considered a diet break ... eating at maintenance for 2 weeks? I am only midway through and I’m not sure how it will work but I’m giving it a shot. I hope the MRI gives you some answers and you can get into the doctor for anxiety soon

The 1st hernia was a tubal ligation hernia(I had my tubes tied after my daughter was born ) so it is much different than an Incisional hernia .... I can usually tolerate pain ...but something about the incision being above my belly button is very painful to sit down , stand up etc. ...after it completely heals I plan on doing some kind of strength training so my stomach muscles aren't so weak
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787

Hi Theresa. I don't know if you saw my last message about wanting to switch my weigh-in day to Wednesday from now on:) Here it is:

iradi8
    Wednesday
    PW: 195.1
    CW: 193.7 (-1.4)
    LTD: 58.9 pounds (SW 252.6)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

5/9 5,348
    5/10 13,080
    5/11 13,062
  • lmf1012
    lmf1012 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Steps

5/10 3,782
    5/11 3,129

Ugh, I really NEED it to stop storming here so I can get back to walking!!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    My son and his fiancee are on their way .... I am excited to see my son and meet his fiancee :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @Z10Rtza knowing you had the sleeve illuminates a lot. Many people who get sleeved need to revise up to the bypass later. Your dietician may be trying a reset. Taking you back down to the first stages. I'm in a Facebook group for bariatric people and I can pass along the group name in a p/m if you want.

@lindamtuck2018 thank you for sticking with us. Keep fighting. We're here for you.

Nice steps everyone.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Poobah1972
    7,308 steps!! You've been building up so quickly, you're doing incredible 👏🏻👏🏻

@lindamtuck2018
    Another four ✅ day for you!! I'm so glad you're sticking with us. Linda, you've been doing really well, hitting your goals (you have some tough goals and you're still hitting them), and dropping weight. Sending socially distanced air hugs your way. One day at a time. You will do this. 🤗

@azkunk
    My daughter walking with me surprised me as well. They both would rather sit on the couch than go for a walk. I'm glad she changed her mind, at least for now.

@iradi8
    I'm sorry, I thought I replied stating that I submitted your request - I guess I didn't do that 🤦🏻‍♀️. Congratulations on your loss!👏🏻👏🏻 You're almost at 59 pounds🎉🎉 Those are some HIGH step counts, wowwww!!

@lmf1012
    Look at how your mindset has changed! Now you look forward to walking and getting in those steps 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Hopefully the skies clear and you can head outside into the sunshine. Meanwhile, I haven't tried this yet, but I heard there were YouTube indoor walking videos for days when the weather isn't the best conditions, I did a quick search and came across this one (hoping it's decent) - https://youtu.be/l3HFw3Ok0Ic?t=60

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Woo hoo🎉🎉🎉 So excited for you, have fun!!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    q18scz329s9d.jpeg
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW 183
    PW 182.8
    Steps 18,076

Big steps day, first day back to strength workout in almost a week, I did legs. Also did a quick dog walk. a longer walker with friend and grocery shopping. I didn’t go to the more inexpensive store a ways away since I didn’t have time. I went to the market nearby and spent so much and the lady at check out commented on how much stuff I had. My cart is overflowing every week but we eat almost all meals at home these days so there is not much I can do about. Eating healthy is definitely expensive! My big toe is still numb which is annoying.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options

He was retired short after he did my surgery
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @Z10Rtza knowing you had the sleeve illuminates a lot. Many people who get sleeved need to revise up to the bypass later. Your dietician may be trying a reset. Taking you back down to the first stages. I'm in a Facebook group for bariatric people and I can pass along the group name in a p/m if you want.

But the surgery was 11 years ago
This discussion has been closed.