• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 322.O
    CW: 320.0. -2

@theresam787 I drive to pick her up but I walk around the grocery store. Outside if I'm not shopping.

Great loss Roger :)
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    The Apple Watch is supposed to track steps. However, it also counts "steps" when I'm standing still folding laundry and when I'm on the stationary bike (arms not moving)- so I take off the watch if I'm not walking 🤦🏻‍♀️. Last night however, I noticed it just stopped tracking steps. It started counting again this morning. I decided to add Pacer (free step tracker app) to my watch and it is calculating less steps using the same Apple Watch than Apple's step tracker. Hoping I get this thing figured out today or at least this weekend.

Oh yeahhhhhh FOUR ✅ for you 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 That did sound fun and relaxing walking around the garden center. I love that you already have your destination walk planned. Great idea, I need to start doing that. This may, or may not help, you can hide Happy Scale in a folder with any other apps that you don't use regularly, that way you don't see it. That sounds very interesting, let us know how the new (old) plan goes and how you like Hello Fresh. So sweet of your daughter 🤩

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Look at you with a big loss! You are so disciplined, not using this recuperation time to go off the rails. Big round of applause for your determination 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Thank you so much @TheresaM787 :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Username: piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    SW (Starting Weight): 249 lbs
    PW (Previous Weight): 209.2 lbs
    CW (Current Weight): 210 lbs

I gained again, but it's unsurprising as when I'm here (at my parent's place); it's always the toughest for me. I'm actually quite proud that it's still "just" a pound, last time I was here I gained 20+. I'm exercising, trying to not overeat and that's all I can do for now.

I can't wait to be at my home again, where I'm in total control of my food and schedule!
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.

Kind of a weird morning... I woke this morning with what feels like the beginning of a gout flare up in my right foot. And my blood sugar is just 68 (low).

Blood Ketones 2.4
    Blood Glucose 68
    GKI 1.57

It's weird cause this morning I'm going for blood work... So what are they going to see... Low blood sugar, and I'm guessing I still have high uric acid, thus I'll need a stronger dose of allopurinal. (I think). I'm a little nervous now. This is the second lowest blood number I've seen, and of course the day of the blood test. sheeesh. Not to mention actually getting a gout flare up on the same day as the Blood test.

I'm going to look at this as GOOD thing. As in I'm having issues, on a day where it matters... So Proper step may be taken to address them. Not sure on the blood sugar thing though... There is about 3.5 hours between my reading this morning and the blood test later at 9:40am this morning so hopefully my blood sugar is building in to the safe range by then?

Other then that, I can't wait to get it done, and eat. My amazing fiancé has prepared my entire breakfast so I can have a fresh bowl of keto cereal at work with all the fixings, Toast, butter, Peanut Butter and Keto Syrup mix with Keto Jam. Oh it's going to be yum. Then I can start tearing into lunch shortly after. lol Lots of calories will be input into my body between 10:15 and 1:00pm today... Oh yeah! :)

Kay enough about me... Super Friday Everyone! 🤗🤗🤗😋

P.s. It's now 11pm... I gave blood, and I may have devoured my entire breakfast and lunch within the last 40 minutes. :blush:
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 14,246.

Yesterday was a great day. Applied for some jobs online in the am then had someone come by to help with curtain selections then met my friend to walk by the water and a quick lunch. Kids had play dates so I my chest/triceps workout and make steak fajitas for dinner.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    For those who commented on my shoe challenge. Yes I have been fitted before and they had me size up but I hated them since I wear orthotics I could feel the ridge where the orthotics ended on my toe as my foot would slide forward. I hear the Brooks, ASICS and new balance are the best and need to bite the bullet. I need to get over the look I like (simple black and white) and go for comfort. I wear them so much for everyday and walking so I should just get used to wearing my more attractive pair for daily use and the others for extended walks & exercise.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    For those who commented on my shoe challenge. Yes I have been fitted before and they had me size up but I hated them since I wear orthotics I could feel the ridge where the orthotics ended on my toe as my foot would slide forward. I hear the Brooks, ASICS and new balance are the best and need to bite the bullet. I need to get over the look I like (simple black and white) and go for comfort. I wear them so much for everyday and walking so I should just get used to wearing my more attractive pair for daily use and the others for extended walks & exercise.

I was having problems when I was walking due to having a screw in my foot ....I had sketchers (I don't recommend them) I bought New Balance and I must say they are the most comfortable shoes I have ever had ...I highly recommend them
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »

My brooks are really pretty. They are black, white and pink.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Man has this week been a whirlwind of activity! I apologize for not getting in here for my daily posts. I feel like I've been on the move non stop with out of state family being here for my cousin's college graduation and it being the last week of my son's preschool and him having a graduation. I haven't seen this family in over a year so that's been fun though. My steps for the week don't really reflect how busy I felt I was. Most days was just travelling to my parent's to see family members that were gonna be there that day in between getting my son to and from school. They all came in at different times haha. Things should settle down now after this weekend. My son's last day of school was yesterday and we have 2 weeks before summer camp starts. Gonna have to find ways to keep him busy!

Steps
    5-10 6494
    5-11 3006
    5-12 2478
    5-13 6567
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lmf1012
    Yes, I just added it onto the spreadsheet for you. Congratulations on your loss👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 That was a fantastic idea, walking while they were doing an oil change. Great way to sneak in some extra steps 🎉🎉

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Yayyyy!! No more staples. So long Doc! Good idea, listening to your body and not trying to walk too soon - especially YOUR type of walking. 😆

@Tazaria87
    My goodness you've had a busy week! Sounds like it was fun though. Plus you were still able to get those steps in. Good luck keeping your son busy. It's such a fun age!

@Piqueaboo
    Oh my goodness, the same thing happens when we visit my parents or when they come here. Between my mom's amazing cooking and all of the extra "Cheers" "Salude" "Prost" "Avotre Sante"... the pounds return. You did really well though, like you said it could have been a lot more. I'm glad you're not worried, it will drop off again - especially with all of your new habits 🤗

@Poobah1972
    Your fiancé sounds incredibly supportive. That's so wonderful that she's there to help you along your weight loss journey/adventure.
  • rlaskey2
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 glad you are starting to feel and on the road to recovery. You will be kicking all out butts in steps before you know it!!
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ✅
    Tracked everything ate and drank ✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 30 minutes, 8 miles
    Steps 10,600

I was able to get in an almost 2 1/2 mile walk this morning by the water. Surprisingly, vacuuming and mopping the house gave me quite a bit of steps. When I saw the steps, I started stepping side to side while folding a big of laundry. More steps. We didn’t get to go out for our evening walk, which was ok because Fridays are Family Game Movie Night (woo hoo) and I already hit my 10,000 steps.

I’ve discovered that in order for me to hit the 10,000 steps I need to go on 4 mile walks (all at once or broken apart into two mini walks). I don’t rack up enough steps at home- unless I vacuum and mop daily (no thank you).

Whee you go for a walk. what do you listen to?
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Update to my previous post- went over my calories during family game movie night.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787
    Game night sounds wonderful. Worth the extra calories. Love all those green checks. When I fold laundry I put one piece of clothing away at a time. It adds quite a few steps. I haven’t been listening to music lately as I lost my dongle. I have the weirdest play list. I listen to a lot of 80’s, a few currents and some Newfoundland music. I also have a little country on there. Very weird. I want to buy some airpods but I have lots of wants.

@Piqueaboo
    When I go home to Newfoundland some weight gain is a given. We go for a month so lots of food. We haven’t gone for 2 years because of pandemic. My biggest killer is the homemade bread. Yum! Are you still skipping.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 @rwood566 @lmf1012
    Nice loss! You guys all are putting maximum effort and it is paying off.

@Poobah1972
    Did you take your blood sugar again before you ate? When mine go that low I have to treat them as I feel terrible. I hope your blood work gives you answers. Love that your fiancé is taking good care of you.

@Tazaria87
    I love reading your guys stories about able to see family and friends. It gives me hope that Canada will soon be in the same position. Sounds like it was an enjoyable week.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    excellent steps everyone.

check-in for 5/14:
    steps - 1766. took a day off to get my muscles to stop aching.
    calories - just over 1600. had some hot air popcorn for dessert.
    exercise - i got off the couch a few times and i actually went to the mail box, otherwise, no. i'm going to the gym with my daughter in the morning.

sorry this is short today. i'm tired.

• roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    14th May
    Steps: 10,358
This discussion has been closed.