Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    PW: 227.2
    CW: 230.6

Time to get totally back on track--apparently weekends count too😉.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

01/05/2021 10.853 steps
    02/05/2021 14.765 steps
    03/05/2021 12.513 steps
    04/05/2021 8.844 steps
    05/05/2021 14.205 steps
    06/05/2021 10.613 steps
    07/05/2021 5.903 steps
    08/05/2021 11.289 steps
    09/05/2021 11.506 steps
    10/05/2021 16.233 steps + 1 hour of zumba.
    11/05/2021 13 018 steps + 45 minutes of zumba
    12/05/2021 15.673 steps
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Oh, Linda, you have been reading my mind. I weigh in the morning and at night - quite obsessed. I have decided to focus on exercise, and not even weigh in at all for a couple of weeks. I'm going to focus on developing muscle, working to reduce inches, and not be as obsessed with what/when I was eating, except to think "how is this making my body feel". I'm like you - I'll have to hide the scale from myself.
    @Z10Rtza - I'm following your journey - so tough when you are trying so hard
    @Poobah1972 You have a great exercise regimen. I'm glad you are taking a rest day - sounds like your body is feeling the efforts you've been making.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 16,237

Did some walking in the neighborhood yesterday. Had my physical and all lab work good. She thinks the toe numbness my even just be a pinched nerve from shoes. Looking at the sneakers that are suggested for use with orthotics online and they are so expensive and not my style but I may just have to bite the bullet.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 i think not weighing every day is freeing. I find the scale to be emotional for me and the daily fluctuations don’t matter to the overall picture anyways.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    I go see my surgeon tomorrow to hopefully get the last 2 staples out ... I am hoping this will be the last long drive to see him ....the pain is still there but it is easing up .... it is still very black n blue and purple ....been laying around a lot ...I want my active life back ...I know someday it will happen
  • TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Fantastic loss Lee!!👏🏻👏🏻

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    My fingers are crossed for you. I'm glad the pain is finally starting to dissipate. Yes, you're right, you'll be back on your super long walks before you know it.🤗

@rlaskey2
    Terrific high step count Rachel! Oh no, a possible pinched nerve? I wear Brooks sneakers, they are a bit wider in the toe box. Glad to hear that the labs were all good 🤩

@Z10Rtza
    I'm so envious of your numbers! Very inspiring 😃

@888Angie888
    Wouldn't it be nice if weekends didn't count? That would be an interesting way to live. 😆
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @Z10Rtza wonderful steps. Are you trying to walk to the next town? Lol.

@rlaskey2 my feet hurt a lot and I got new balance shoes. Huge change. Still have numbness, but no pain.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 I'm glad the pain is easing a bit. Good luck tomorrow.

@lindamtuck2018 when I first started weighing myself I hated it. Lots of stress. I got a stuffed tiger from my daughter and put it over the numbers of the scale. it was a talking scale so i could still hear it. it goes back to when i was in treatment in the navy. during a discussion about which addiction was worst (alcohol, drugs, food) one of our helpers said that they all are bad but food people have to pet the tiger three times a day and hope it doesn't bite us. by putting it on the scale it let me remember the number won't hurt, no matter what it is. i had to pick up the tiger to put the scale away every day. i used it for 2 weeks. i weigh myself every day because i have to log it on another site every day. good luck with your break.

@888Angie888 WAIT!! WEEKENDS COUNT???? crap crap crap

@Bluetail6 another blue ribbon loss for our bluetail.

@Poobah1972 excellent work day in and day out. i hope you keep walking as you start using your gym more.
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I think your strategy sounds good. If the scale increases your anxiety then focus on other metrics and goals for now. I find that writing or saying things that I am grateful for or positive self talk helps me reduce my anxiety levels.

@azkunk have you ever been checked for vitamin deficiencies or low cortisol levels or a complete thyroid panel? These things have caused fatigue for me. It's great that you and your daughter talk on the way to and from dance. Cellphones certainly cut down on human interactions.

@rwoods566 your meal plan for the day sounds interesting. I hold onto the rails on the treadmill, too, because my right leg is much weaker than my left and I weave. Try placing your step tracker in your back pocket or around your ankle to monitor steps? It works for my cellphone but not certain about trackers.

@rlaskey2 great steps! Have you ever been fitted for shoes? I went to a running store and they watched my gait and standing. I purchased the first pair of shoes from them but use Amazon where it is cheaper to buy an older shoe model now.

I read everybody's posts but need to take notes so that I can reply to more people. You all are awesome and are making improvements in your health and well being whether it shows up right away on the scale or not.

Today, I had my second skin graft. The doctor said the first graft has done well but still have at least one more graft to go before I am healed. Can't get scheduled for the 3rd graft until the end of May. Grateful that it is healing but seem to get more impatient the older I get. Have been waking up early using sliders on carpet to mimic an ab roller. Can really feel it in the abdomen when I do them correctly. Not as satisfying as lifting weights to me but will try to incorporate some seated lifting exercises next week.

• TheresaM787
    Options
    Bike- 30 minutes, 8 miles ❌
    Steps- 10,000✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups✅
    Tracked everything ate and drank✅
    Under calorie budget ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Bike 35 minutes, 8.5 miles, slow effort
    Steps- 11,000

After I put the kids to bed, I noticed I still needed 700 steps to hit my goal. I walked around the house for about ten minutes, then I noticed that my Apple Watch stopped tracking my steps. I used Map My Walk to track one mile, about 2,000 steps.

Does anyone use an Apple Watch to track their steps? If so, which pedometer/step tracker do you use?
  • rwood566
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I hold on so i don't keep bumping into the rails, throwing off my steps and balance. i'm thinner front to back, but still very wide. lol

@Beautyofdreams My counter is on my fitbit. i used to have a clip on but it was horrid. on a 100 counted step it would read anywhere from 77 to 236. i took to physically counting my steps as i walked.

check-in for 5/13:
    steps - 9730. i should hit 10k when i pick up my daughter.
    calories - about 1560. i had a salad with croutons for dinner since nobody wanted to cook. that left enough room for a cherry shake. i even measured everything for a change.
    exercise - i did a 4 mile walk this morning. my muscles were very sore from yesterday but i made it. they are still sore so i might just walk again tomorrow. i'll decide when i wake up.

i went to lunch at denny's again today with my friend. had an order of fries and ice tea. only 400 cal. he's flying back home now. back to the freeze warnings tonight up in wisconsin.

we all get to have some fun for the next few days. tomorrow is "dance like a chicken day" and "decency day" aren't those incompatable? saturday is "nylon stocking day". how about some pictures of some of you in them? i'm going to eat 1 chocolate chip instead since it's chocolate chip day. sunday is "do something nice for your neighbor day". i hope everyone partakes in that one. have a wonderful time, everyone.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    @TheresaM787 TOM = time of month. and yes I also track and weigh everything because of that aha.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:
    5/13: 19,977
  • TheresaM787
    edited May 2021
    Options
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Bluetail6
    Terrific step day👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

@roz0810
    🤦🏻‍♀️😆 "TOM" showing my age

@rwood566
    Another high step day with that long four mile walk 🎉🎉🎉 Love that you walk to pick up your daughter. Isn't it wonderful when there is enough calories left for a yummy dessert? I actually plan my day around my dinner and dessert 😆 I'm glad you saw your friend again before he left. Those holidays are so funny. Today is "U" day in my kids eLearning school. USA Day, Umbrella Academy Day, Underwear on Your Head Day, Unicorn Day...

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE
    🤩
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options
    @888Angie888
    A world that weekend calories didn’t count would be so nice!

@Bluetail6
    Awesome loss! Your dedication to your journey is amazing!

@rlaskey2
    I had my brooks fitted at a running store. I paid more but I finally was able to find shoes that were comfortable to walk in. I am sad as that store closed after many years of business.

@Beautyofdreams
    I am working on the anxiety. I am finding certain things like dwelling on lockdown is setting it off. Keep reminding myself that hopefully this will be the last one. Glad the grafts are going well. Good for you finding exercises you can do while healing.

@TheresaM787
    That’s one of my favourite quotes you posted today. I am confused doesn’t tha the Apple Watch track steps or do you need another tracker. I am seriously considering getting one for my birthday next month.

@rwood566
    You will eventually not need to hold on once you get used to it. Great steps today. Now I want fries. I have been craving Newfie fries lately. Ok I would pay to see some people in nylons.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    ✅Steps 6,439
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ✅Physio 2/2

It was so relaxing walking around the garden center yesterday. I did feel a bit guilty when I came out and there was a line up to get in. I didn’t buy anything. I got some great ideas for my balcony. Today, I am walking to timmies and getting a tea. It’s a challenging walk for me so the cup of tea is a nice reward.

Thanks for all the input on the diet and weighing break. Of course, I forgot to move the scale last night and stood on it this morning out of habit. It is in the back of my closet now. The biggest thing bothering me is having the blank weights in happy scale. I am going to make my standardized eating plan today so I can get the necessary foods. I will be eating the same breakfast, lunch and snacks. My daughter gave us 6 free hello fresh meals. I ordered the 3 for next week but cancelled it for the week after. I am interested to see how they are but a little worried about calorie content. Anyways, a change is as good as a rest.

Happy FriYAY!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    PW 216.0
    CW 214.4(loss 1.6lbs) :)
    LTD 54.6
  • rwood566
    Options
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 322.O
    CW: 320.0. -2

@theresam787 I drive to pick her up but I walk around the grocery store. Outside if I'm not shopping.
This discussion has been closed.