Downsizers - May 2021 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• TheresaM787
    TheresaM787 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    @rlaskey2
    18,076 steps👏🏻👏🏻 Way to go!! One day, I'll be all the way up there with you. Seeing all of these steps is definitely inspiring.
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    Peloton- 30 minutes, 8 miles ✅
    Steps- 10,000 ✅
    Seltzer- 8 cups ✅
    Tracked everything ate/drank- ✅
    Stayed under calorie budget- ✅

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Peloton 30 minutes, 8 miles, moderate effort
    Steps 10,500

🤩So very happy, my daughter walked with me after dinner again. I love this new tradition. Still keeping my fingers crossed that it stays. They grow up so fast, it's so nice to hear her talk about whatever is on her mind, without the distraction of tv, iPads, her brother.
  • missysave0612
    missysave0612 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Username: missymarea0612
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 207.3
    CW (Current Weight): 210
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @azkunk
    I think I will take a diet break. I just have to remember it doesn’t mean eat everything in sight. I set my calories to maintenance and I will see how it goes. Maybe it will break the 212 pounds I have been stuck at for the last 3 weeks. @TheresaM787 i am still going to weigh in.

@iradi8
    Awesome loss! It must feel good to be well in to ondeeland.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Glad you enjoyed your visit.

@TheresaM787
    Do you have a peloton bike or use the program? My daughter want one so bad. She jokes that I should contribute to her future health and buy one for her. Look at those 5 ✅. You are killing it.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I hope the break helps 😊

@TheresaM787 - I get my talk time in the car while shuttling my daughter back and forth to dance. If I am giving up my free time for her, she needs to keep her face out of her phone

@rlaskey2 - nice steps

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - Your pain seems excessive and I know you can tolerate a lot. When you see the surgeon of Friday, make sure he addresses it. I hope your visit with your son and his fiancée took you mind off of it for a bit.

@Z10Rtza - can you see another surgeon to discuss what’s next. If it’s been 11 yrs, maybe there might need to be a revision.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    13th May
    Steps: 11,670
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 250.6
    CW: 252.6

2lb gain. I'm blaming TOM and some poor eating decisions. Will weigh myself everyday this week to keep an eye on it.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    rwood566 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 good luck on your break. I hope it snaps the stall.

@azkunk I'm hoping they can figure out the fatigue soon.

@TheresaM787 excellent numbers. Huge grats.

Check-in for 5/12:
    Steps - 2411. I hold onto the rails of the treadmill so it's really higher.
    Calories - under 1700. Dinner didn't thaw so had pancakes instead.
    Exercise - yes. 10 min walk as warmup then 6 machines working all parts.

Shoulders and abs are screaming tonight. Only a walk tomorrow.

Tomorrow is crouton day and fruit cocktail day. They don't go together, but having one may save you enough calories to have the other. It's also apple pie day but I'll pass on that.

What if the croutons are made of Angel food cake cake????

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/fruit-salad-with-pound-cake-croutons/
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Glad you had a wonderful time with your son!!

Steps:
    5/8: 10,888. I think you have these
    5/9: 4,392
    5/10: 11,203
    5/11: 4,331
    5/12: 21,440

Another long day. Off to bed, finally😊
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    That's so amazing! Congratulations proud momma. I'm so happy for you. 🤗

@missysave0612
    I know it can be frustrating when the scale doesn't react the way we want it to. Now is the time to look at all of the Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) that you have made, maybe you're: drinking more water, eating healthier, starting walking or some other exercise, sleeping better... We're so glad you're here, stay with it. 🤩

@lindamtuck2018
    Do you mean, you're switching to maintenance calories? I've heard that doing that can rejuvenate the weight loss process. You gain a couple hundred more calories a day (MFP will calculate that for you, based on your height, weight and activity level- I always say I'm sedentary so that I can subtract my own exercise calories). You're doing so well, I wish you could see what we see. 🤗

I'm still submitting your weigh-ins, correct? Just confirming.

Yes, we bought the Peloton as a family Christmas present in 2020. Honestly, I think any stationary bike that you feel comfortable riding is just as good. The bike itself was very expensive and then you need to pay an additional fee every month (close to $50) to use the metrics and classes on the bike (or else you have no idea how fast and hard you are peddling). The parts of the bike that we use is the metrics (how fast we are peddling, what resistance we are peddling at and the time we are peddling). If we had to do it again, I would have looked for a less expensive option that did not require a monthly subscription. With all of that said (my mini novel), I'm glad we have the bike- it has helped me tremendously (legs are more toned, and it's nice to be able to bike anytime regardless of the weather).

@azkunk
    Thank you so much! 🤗 That's a great idea (having your daughter put her phone down in the car, so you two can chat)! Love that, I'll have to use that when mine are older.

When do you find out about the blood test results?

@rwood566
    Thank you! It feels good to get ✅s. Fantastic day at the gym for you! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 It would be nice if these step counters actually just counted steps. Any inventors here, maybe you can rework the pedometer so it only tracks steps (regardless of what our arms are doing)? I love breakfast for dinner, quick and easy and always delicious. Really, today is apple pie day? Love your daughter's calendar - you two are making beautiful memories.

@roz0810
    Another fabulous step day! 🎉🎉🎉Your Fitbit is getting as much of a workout as you are! What is a TOM? Sometimes weight just naturally fluctuates. Are you tracking your food? When I started tracking, I learned some pretty disturbing things. For instance, did you know that one tablespoon of peanut butter, is different than one humungous-fit as much peanut butter onto the spoon as possible- make a tower of peanut butter on the spoon- tablespoon of peanut butter? I learned that my leaning tower of peanut butter was actually closer to a 1/4 cup of peanut butter. I wish I had a camera on my reaction, it would have looked like one of those cartoon characters with the eyes bulging 😆

@Bluetail6
    Great daily counts and then BAM! Look at yesterday 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @azkunk I did great on all of my hormone levels until I got to T4 and it was low (.7). I don't get to meet until the 21st, but online says it means you are sluggish, gain weight, etc. I compare how I feel to "walking through water" and exercising is one way to bring it up. I haven't been doing enough of that so I'm increasing. I hope you get to the bottom of your exhaustion. Is it time for a break from work?
    @TheresaM787 I love the "leaning tower of peanut butter" - I know I'm guilty of this!
    @missysave0612 You can turn this around, you've been successful and know what to do. You got this!
    @rwood566 you are doing so great on staying within your calories!
    I went overboard on the dark chocolate almonds and I'm learning my body doesn't really like nuts. I think I was overeating because I didn't want to do the house cleaning and prep for company tonight - hmmm the overeating didn't get me closer to my goal or preparation - I want to recognize this in the future BEFORE I do it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @azkunk
    I have been taking thyroid medication since just after the birth of my daughter. Now when and get extremely tired and start feeling depressed it is one of the first things they check. Quite often it turns out I need a little adjustment on my synthroid. It is worth checking out. As for the diet break, I think I am going to do it with a twist. One big thing that was focused on when I did my binge eating therapy was normalized eating. So I want to focus on getting back to a normal eating pattern. That is how I was able to start losing weight in the first place.

@rwood566
    Did it help your weaving holding on? You are really doing great at the gym. You deserve a rest day.

@TheresaM787
    I thought a lot about how to approach the diet break and I have decided to not weigh in for 2 weeks. So can you excuse me for the next 2 weeks. I am thinking of not weighing at all for the next 2 weeks which will be tough as I weigh daily. What are your thoughts on that? I will need Garry to hide the scale.

@roz0810
    It’s been awhile since I dealt with tom but I remember gaining weight every time. I think by next week your weight have settled down.

@363days
    I am like this with chocolate covered nuts, any type. I just forget how I felt the next time I decide to buy them.
  • Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm a little late this morning... I'm feeling a little old today to be quite honest. Nothing Serious though, my feet are pretty good, my knees are getting a little sorer. And the final lap was definitely a difficult push. But I was determined out there, and continue to increase my tempo as best I can, maintaining speed through the downhill and flat sections in the last 4 laps (the 1st lap is warm up, so my bones stop hurting. lol)

Unfortunately, the heart rate monitor decided to go all wacko in the final 2 laps or so. So fair to say I was likely well over the 600 cal burn but I'm not going to sweat it. Well actually I sweated a whole lot, and that's a good thing. 👍😅. I've noticed over the years, it takes time for the body to adjust to learning to sweat again once becoming more active.

My muscles in my chest and rear shoulders are also feeling old today, from fooling around with the weights 2 days ago. Just a set of lat pulldowns and Bench presses, and who would have thought 0 reps at 95 pounds, would be enough to do that? Last I lifted , I could handle at least 250 pounds for 3 sets of 10. Baby Steps?

Tomorrow I have an appointment to get my blood work tomorrow morning at 9:40am and it's a fasting type.... So, I've decided since I'm feeling old today... I'm just going to take tomorrow morning off and Sunday... That still gives me 5 solid days of cardio this week. And I think the recovery time is important. So generally, I suspect going forward I will get 5-6 days a week cardio.

Going forward i also want to be able to eat shortly after either Cardio in the morning or weight training in the evening. I don't mind doing cardio in the morning in a fasted state, however I want to reward my muscles with food immediately thereafter to offer them the best chance to grow and recover.

So, for now, no cardio or weight training Sundays.

NO elliptical at home yet... Couldn't get any guys to help out yesterday... Today is now the day.

I also suspect my titan Dumbbell stand to arrive today, as well as another set of adjustable Dumbbells which will open up some more options for me.

1ujz1df1zilp.png

Have a Redonkerous Thursday Everyone! 😋😎🤗

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - Steps May 12, 2021 - 5263
  • TheresaM787
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'll submit the request to excuse you for the next two weeks. I really think that you need to do what makes you most comfortable. If weighing yourself adds to anxiety, I would say not to do it for now. If not weighing yourself, makes you continuously wonder what the scale says, I'd say to do it. It's really what is best for you. We know the scale isn't the only measurement of success. Walking, eating as well as you can, sleep, video chatting your precious granddaughter, spending lovely time with Garry... you are doing so much. You've come so far already. We are here for you. 🤗
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    ✅Steps 5,912
    ✅Sleep
    ✅Walk
    ❌Physio 1/2

I was just too tired to do my second round of physio. I did a very short walk yesterday. I set the timer and walked around the apartment for 10 minutes. Surprisingly, I met my step goal. I am going to get off my butt and get ready for my walk. It was too cold to walk to the garden center the other day so I think that is where I will head today.

I am going to use my diet break in away that is not typically done. I am going to try to get back to normalized eating. This is what got me started on losing weight over 2 years ago. I will plan out all meals and snacks. I will designate a time to eat them and I will stay as close to the schedule as possible. It might seem regimental to some but it worked in the past. I am thinking of not weighing at all for two weeks. I have been weighing daily for a long while so that will be the toughest part. What’s your guys thoughts on this especially the not weighing part?

Have a great Thursday!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - I hope the break helps 😊

@Z10Rtza - can you see another surgeon to discuss what’s next. If it’s been 11 yrs, maybe there might need to be a revision.
    They did an endoscopy not so long ago and they did not say a thing

This discussion has been closed.