Chat

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    Home sweet home. I slept in my own bed last night. It's good to be back if only for a long weekend. I leave on Monday for Dallas (the 3rd leg of a 5 city program - I'm only working on the 1st and 3rd cities).
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    Connie, your printer sounds like ours. It will do double-sided, it is also not a cartridge printer. We have and HL-H2380DW from Brother. OOOLD printer. When I was connecting my computer up to the wi-fi for the printer it didn't have it on their list! Wade had to figure it out. It works great, so we will keep plugging along with it until it goes down. I hope your mess wasn't too bad though!

Wade is painting our cabinets. It's a brownish-grey color to match the countertops. We'll paint the walls in a very light beige color. It had black hardware but we are putting chrome ones on this time. Woohoo, can't wait to see it all done. We are painting the living room a pale tealish color to go with my lighthouses, pirates, sea captain and shells! I have those on the country cabinet I keep in there. I need to take a picture of my mantle wall. We have a lighthouse print from Thomas Kincade up there and then the seashore stuff and some lanterns on there - it's really pretty! My grandfather made us a clock for our wedding and it has our names on it where the numbers go - it's beautiful, it's up there too. We need to get new works for it though.

Hope y'all are doing well. Love you
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    Well, I did a ton of printing last night and this morning and all is fine. I put a piece of a disposable bed pad under it...and it is still white, so who knows. If it leaks, it should show against the white and it has a plastic backing to protect the wood. Sure am glad it is behind doors in a cabinet...looks like my printer has a diaper. :smiley:
  • Restfinder
    That's so funny! Those things sure do come in handy!

We are keeping some of the things that we needed for Mom - we are getting up in age too and may need them some day!

Wade is working on the painting in the kitchen and in the living room. So far it is really pretty. It will be nice when it's all done. We went through and culled more stuff when we emptied the cabinets. It's just the two of us and we had at least 12 or 16 dinner plates in the cabinet. We pared down to six. If we have folks over for dinner we use Chinette! LOL! Wade and I have started using the paper plates, plastic forks and spoons almost all the time now. We even have these little red checkered snack bowls like you see at fast food restaurants so we don't have to wash something when we have a snack! I can go several days before I have to do the dishes! Yeehaw!

My back is doing better, thank you so much for your prayers!

Love y'all.

• connierandel
    I used to use a lot of paper goods, but the dishwasher is easy and better with soupy stuff. I have a huge supply of plastic flatware...some left from the camper, some from takeout. I need to donate to the church or something.
  • cmsienk
    Well I'm off to Dallas tomorrow. My suitcase is mostly packed - just need to add my refrigerated food and my toiletries and hair dryer after I get ready in the morning. Hope you all had a great weekend
  • Restfinder
    Dallas was pretty close to where I lived in Texas - Alvarado. We shopped a lot in Cleburne and went to Fort Worth more than Dallas, but we did get there a few times. Lovely place. There was another town that we liked to shop at, Burleson, they had a nice Mexican Grocery that had cheaper prices! Have a great time!

Connie, we started using paper when my dishwasher sprung a leak. Wade thinks he's figured it out, but it never really cleaned very well, so we still aren't using it. My new sink makes doing the dishes so much easier!

Dilly of a headache this morning, so feeling punky right now from the headache and the meds. Sigh. God is so very good and the headache was gone within an hour. Rather feel punky than have that pain!

Hope y'all had a good weekend. Our services were such a blessing yesterday. Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Cindy - hope you have a good trip to Dallas. I used to travel to Dallas about 5 or 6 times a year. Sometimes we stayed right at the airport, sometimes at other hotels. It was a lot more fun to stay at the airport, where the shuttle trams would get you from the airport to the hotel....that way we could leave the hotel and shop at the airport stores if we got bored between meetings or in the evenings.

Bill has still been having a lot of pain in his left hand and can't put pressure on it. I got a notice in the mail the other day about in-home urgent care. I called them and they came to the house yesterday. It was wonderful! It is just too difficult to get Bill downstairs, into the car, out of the car, into the doctors office, back into the car, out of the car and up the stairs. The chair lift is great, but a bit hard to load going up the steps. We need practice, I think. Anyway they were great. They ordered x-rays and they came back with a lot of arthritis. They couldn't get the x-ray equipment in the house (up the stairs), but they could get it in the garage, so we took Bill down the stairs and they got it done fairly easily. MUCH better than taking to the Dr. office.
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    Connie, I'm glad that worked out. It sounds so much easier.

I'm dealing with a little hand pain of my own. I joined a group of co-workers for dinner last night and walked to a place called Velvet Taco. On the walk back i brushed up against a cactus! I immediately felt sharp needles in my leg and reached down to pull them out but it was dark and I couldn't see and I ended up getting a couple of those needle-like cactus slivers in my hand! 😖 I got the one in my finger out pretty easily, but the one on my thumb was harder to extract. I worked on it again in my room (after pulling out 5 needle slivers that were stuck in my leg - they went through my jeans!)

I actually don't think I got it all. I don't see anything, but I have a tender spot and it's pretty red in that area. I'll have to try again when I get home tonight.
  • Restfinder
    Oh my, Cindy! I hated trying to find those nearly translucent needles. I hope you are successful in getting those last couple of stubborn ones!

I'm so sorry Bill is going through that on top of everything else. How awesome that you have a service that will come right to your home! Between willow bark and hemp pain cream, the pain in my hands isn't as noticeable.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. love you

• cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    I'm currently researching ways to get out a leftover piece of cactus sliver. I've tried gently cutting back some of the skin, I think I've gotten it out and then hours later I'll brush that part of my hand (near the base of my thumb) against something and ouch(!) feel a stabbing pain there. I tried tape and even putting Elmer's glue on the area, letting it dry and pulling it off. Nothing is working. I can see a faint red line where I know a little piece must still be. I've read it can take 9 months for it to work its way out! 😭
    ETA: I ordered some drawing salve from Amazon. My grandma gave me some that she'd made a long time ago, but I can't put my hands on it anymore.
  • connierandel
    edited September 2023
    Hope the salve works! That would be handy to keep.
  • cmsienk
    Cactus sliver update: I used the salve last night... put it on the bandaid, affixed that to the spot under my thumb around 8 o'clock last night and slept with it on last night. I took the bandaid off this morning and cleaned the black residue off my thumb and so far I haven't felt like the sliver is still there. 🤞🏻

My washer is officially on the fritz, so I started doing research. I'm looking at a Speed Queen. They're expensive, but I'm thinking Delta Airlines is buying it for me. (I mentioned that I gave up my seat last June for nice compensation, right?) I'm hoping it's the last washer I'll have to buy
  • connierandel
    Well, at least Delta Airlines is paying! Sorry about the washer. It is so hard without being able to wash clothes...I don't even know of a decent laundromat anymore.
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    Well, at least Delta Airlines is paying! Sorry about the washer. It is so hard without being able to wash clothes...I don't even know of a decent laundromat anymore.
    I know, right? Thank goodness, my sons live not too far away. My oldest son and his family live about 25 minutes south of me and my youngest son and his family live about 15 minutes north. When the washer finally died on Saturday (my spin cycle had been occasionally refusing to work) there was a small puddle in front of it. I reached out to my closer son and went over there late yesterday and spun out that load. Came back here to dry it though.
  • cmsienk
    edited September 2023
    Bought my washer today. 😁 The soonest I can have it delivered is Monday morning. I'm thankful I got pretty much all my laundry done before the last one gave out on me.
  • connierandel
    When we had to replace our dishwasher it took a month to get it delivered and installed. That wasn't handy, but hand washing dishes is definitely better than hand washing clothes!
  • cmsienk
    I remember replacing my dryer last November. It finally quit a couple of days before Black Friday, so we went to Best Buy that Friday and I told the salesman I wanted a gas dryer made in America with a drop down door and in stock. He showed me 3 or 4. The Maytag I ended up getting was delivered the next week I think.
  • connierandel
    Our dishwasher happened during the Covid mess...when deliveries were terribly backed up. We had to have one that was a little shorter than normal, so we took the one that would arrive soonest. Most at that point were 3 months out and no one had one in stock.
  • Restfinder
    I’m glad you had a way to get what you wanted, Cindy, and didn’t have to settle.

Our Outer Banks vacation was so nice. I have a sun burn, but everything else was really nice. We drove home Friday since the tropical storm stopped the ferries. The patches I got for motion sickness worked great on the trip to OBX. We left a little after six and were home by noon! Waiting now for power to be restored. Praise the Lord, just puddles in our yard! No flooding for us - our neighbors are a bit lower and have lakes in their yards, but no damage! God is good!