Chat

Replies

• connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,809 Member
    e8br8jtsofxm.png
    hwkhi0yo611z.png
    Wow, I cut about 6 inches off my hair yesterday. It got most of the blonde off, and it doesn't all fall in my face when I bend down.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,756 Member
    I like your new hairstyle. It looks great on you! 🥰
  • connierandel
    Does anyone have luck posting pictures here from their phone? I can post to facebook with no issues. I have tried different photo programs, files, copy and paste and all kinds of different ways and cannot get a picture to post except through my computer.
  • connierandel
    k970ifvc2n6q.png
    Oh wow...looks like gallery pictures will copy and work.
  • cmsienk
    I can't post any pictures from my phone - neither on the app nor the website. I can only post through my computer.
  • cmsienk
    Woo hoo! My washer was delivered yesterday. I washed 3 loads last night after I got home from my job. Two of the loads were medium-soil level and one was heavy. I am happy to have an agitator again... with my old high efficiency Samsung washer, I had to run each load twice in order to get clean clothes: first on Rinse-and-Spin and then as a Wash load. This was to get the clothes wet, so the load would be heavier and more water would be added. Before I started doing that, some of my clothes in each load would come out with dry areas!
  • Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,551 Member
    Oh boy, Cindy! Laundry should go much faster with the new washer. We started out with the washer that came with the house - old! Mom had gotten one without the agitator, but it seems to do a really good job, especially compared to the old one. The dryer that came with the house is still working fine, we gave the one we moved from our house in Hickory to a friend who needed one, so, Lord willing this one will keep working for a good long while. Although losing a dryer isn't as critical as losing a washer - there is still the clothesline outside if the dryer goes down! LOL!

Connie, love the new do!

I download pictures from my phone to my computer. I have MFP on my phone, but I don't usually go to the site on there - takes too long to write a post! LOL! Here's a vacation photo, so the latest one for me!

eybfor8j61i9.jpg
  • connierandel
    Looking good, Kim - and love the ocean in the background.
  • connierandel
    edited September 2023
    Well, I guess I'm not the only one with the pictures from phone issue. The copy and paste from Gallery works on pulling out a picture from meme, but not an actual picture.
  • connierandel
    Testing3tpms0nip3w0.jpg
  • connierandel
    Well...that worked.
  • Restfinder
    How beautiful. Wade has some good sunrise and sunset ocean pictures on his phone. He is the picture-taker in the family! LOL!

Wow, I slept for about two hours last night. I got sleepy and tried to go to sleep, then got awake. I kept having to use the restroom too! Ugh! I think I got a couple of hours here and there. Nap-time!

Down a pound this morning, from 238 to 237. Don't know if that will happen for tomorrow since I can't see myself getting my steps in today, but I can eat wisely!
  • connierandel
    I got Bill in bed last night, but he couldn't get scooted away from the edge. Usually I can move his legs and he can move his rear. That didn't work last night. He was kind of panicking and wanted me to get his brother to help him. It was too late to get Kip and he couldn't lift Bill to help. I got him up and he slept in the recliner. Restless night for both of us. I got a transfer sheet that should arrive tomorrow , it is supposed to make moving a patient in the bed easier. Hopefully it works.
  • Restfinder
    Oh wow, Connie, I'm glad you didn't try because that could have done a job on your back. It's amazing the equipment you can accumulate trying to take care of a loved one comfortably at home! We held onto quite a bit of what we had for Mom because we aren't spring chickens anymore! ;)

Wade is working on getting the vanity in the bathroom. The sink that is there is built in and tiled on top. He has the sink out, he needs to strong-arm the top out now and then we should be able to just slip the vanity in - but we know nothing is that easy! LOL!

I struggle to get into our tub/shower, even with the handle on the side of the tub. Wade bought a kit to cut out the front of the tub, but we are going to try a step first, so I can get just a little bit higher and get my leg over the edge. I've been using bath wipes since we moved in here and they work really well, but my skin is getting so dry that I really need to be able to take a shower and use a loofa sponge. We used the wipes on Mom since getting her into the tub just wouldn't work at all. Two of us gave her her baths and they went very quickly and without any stress to her.

Not much else going on with me. Have a very blessed day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
  • connierandel
    Kim, have you tried one of the shower chairs that sits part way out of the tub, and partly in the tub and then use a shower sprayer that is handheld? That is what my Mom does. Our tub doesn't have a shower, but I found an adapter that just screws into the faucet and attaches to the wall at whatever level that you wish. I looked at one of those tub adapters, but I love a bath, and we have a jacuzzi tub, so I don't think it would work for us. The other bathroom has a shower only, but I can't get Bill into it anymore. He has to step up further than he can step...last time we tried, he cut is foot on what used to be the track for shower doors (had to take them down for Bill). I use a regular wash cloth with no rinse soap. I tried the wipes, but really like this foam soap and a cloth better. I do use a lot of cheap baby wipes, though! I use them for everything....wiping him, wiping the toilet seat, wiping the sink, wiping him down if he get sweaty before bed, washing his hands, etc, etc, etc.
  • Restfinder
    I think I have about 50 packs of the baby wipes that we'd gotten for Mom. We'd gotten some for her and then found her stash! Eek! They did make cleaning her up so much easier and gentler on her. I hadn't seen the foam soap that doesn't need to be rinsed. I love using the foam soap for washing my hands, but I do have to rinse the version that we have. Wow, his step height is really low, poor thing! We do have one of those slide benches, but it wouldn't fit in our bathroom. I have a chair that fits in the tub and will use that once I get in there! LOL! We also got some of those strips you put on the bottom of the tub to keep you from slipping. I'd gotten a rubber mat, but Wade didn't like it. The vanity is in, Wade is hooking up the pipes now so hopefully by this evening we will have it going. Praise the Lord we have a sink in the laundry room, otherwise I would have had to brush my teeth in a cup or in the kitchen sink - ewww!

Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    edited October 2023
    I'm in California this week - in the Beverly Hills area. When I checked in to the hotel last night their system was down so I had to hand write out name, address, credit card information, etc. for them. I'm not thrilled with my credit card number, expiration date and CVV being written down all in one place, but there wasn't much I could do about it. Also, there are hotel workers picketing outside the hotel where I'm working (different from where I'm staying)... banging drums and making a lot of noise. I'm not sure what they think people are going to do... "Oh yes, I made these reservations days/weeks/months ago, but I'll leave here to support your picketing and maybe find a place to stay somewhere else."?
  • Restfinder
    The world has gone mad! What the auto workers are asking for is nuts - it's the me generation where they think that they are to be given everything rather than working hard for it. 40% increase and 8 hours less a week - :s Cars are way too expensive now, they will be out of reach of most Americans soon - but then, that is what they are trying to do to America, make us totally dependent on and obedient to government. Just as the Apostles said, "We must obey God rather than men." As long as it's according to God's Word, I will obey.

Not much going on with me, just hanging out mostly. Still working on the vanity. There is a minor leak in one of the connections so Wade is trying to figure out how to get that stopped before he closes everything up.
  • connierandel
    edited October 2023
    I am pulling my hair out trying to get a doctors appointment for Bill. I really need help from an OT or PT teaching me to handle Bill. He is getting much weaker and I need to learn new tricks. I can't get him into a car right now, so can't take him to the doctor, and the doctor can't write the orders without an in-person visit.

There is a well respected "House Call" doctor in the area, but I can't seem to get them to answer a call or email. I have filled out all of the paperwork, but no calls. Please pray with me that we can get him to take Bill.

We called in-home Urgent Care the other day and they tried to order the PT/OT, but Medicare wouldn't allow it. The NP from Palliative Care tried to partner with the Primary Care Doctor and Medicare wouldn't allow. It is really weird that we can't get home health without going to the doctor....if he could get to the doctor, we wouldn't need it.
  • cmsienk
    I had a busy couple of days so I'm sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I'm agreeing with you in prayer that Bill would be able to be seen by the "House Call" doctor you need. It's frustrating how many hoops you have to jump through just to get quality care. Hugs and prayers to you. 💗