Chat

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Oh Wow! You, Bill, Kip and his family are in my prayers. How quickly things can turn!

Still don't have biopsy results!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    The family and doctors got together and made the plans to move Kip. His daughter is paying for the ambulance to move him to Oklahoma. Hospice has already been to their house and set the equipment up. They are leaving at 10am tomorrow. They have been going through everything in the apartment since they know for sure that he is going to Oklahoma. Oh the dust and cobwebs found!!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I hope that he is able to be with them for a little while - God is merciful and is giving him more time to turn his heart to Jesus! Will keep praying for him. Does Bill understand at all what is happening to Kip? I'm praying for y'all as well.

Still no news on the biopsy.
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,369 Member
    Options
    I went to visit my daughter, son-in-law, my grandson and new granddaughter again this afternoon. Got to hold the baby for a couple of hours, then took my 2 1/2 year old grandson outside to play. Stayed a couple of hours, then came home to eat dinner with Dave... bbq spare ribs that I'd put in the crock pot before I left
    s5qywmqvsj2b.jpg
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,708 Member
    Options
    Oh. Sweet baby feet!!

I just now got a message that Kip made the trip well. Tonight when we ate dinner Bill prayed for Kip and that he would feel better. This morning he didn't remember anything. It comes and goes.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh my, that warms my heart! Those remembering times are very special. Praise the Lord that Kip made it. I am praying for him and for y'all.

Cindy, too cute. I like to do a zerbert on the bottom of their feet or on their bellies and then get those little infant giggles!

I re-started by second diuretic a few days ago. The single one just wasn't keeping the puffiness away. Boy howdy. I'm up four times during the night to get rid of extra fluid. I've lost four pounds! I'm finally back into the 230's! Praise the Lord. Feeling poorly today. I did outside walking Thursday and Friday and I think I just took in too many allergins. I'm hoping that that is all it is!

Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    Headed to Orlando this morning for work. Dave is joining me Tuesday night and I'm hoping we'll have a little time to enjoy the warm weather. We're planning on seeing my Dad while we're there. Dave on the 6th and for sure the two of us on the 8th.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    OOO, send some warmth a couple of states north! Although it is in the low 60's today, but rainy. Have fun with Dad!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Lots of rain last night and now we are under a flood watch. Lots of thunder out there too, so I'm going to wrap it up here lest whatever lightening is causing the thunder comes close!
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Connie, so glad that Kip made the trip safely. Hospice teams can be a great blessing and I pray that works well for him.

Cindy, enjoy Orlando and visiting your Dad! Hoping the weather is nice.

Fingers crossed that I'm through with taxes! For three days, I've done nothing else but pour through records and come up with a list of deductions, for I'm pretty sure we have enough to itemize. I would love to go for a walk now, but it's raining. Hope your storm passes soon, Kim. Do you have much flooding where you live?
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Carole, we do. We live not far from the water, the neighbor across the street has it not far from his backyard. If he cut down his trees we could see it, but then he would be taxed for waterfront property - LOL! We have deep ditches in front of our houses and when the tide is high they fill up. The neighbor across the street almost always has water in his yard, and our Pastor next door gets quite a bit of water in his yard (when it rains or there is a King tide). We get some large puddles in our yard, usually out front, but this time we had a big one in the back yard, and I've never seen the ditch between ourselves and our next-door neighbor, with the chickens, fill up, but it was after this rain! Phew. A friend from Church lives on a canal, and when there is a high tide she has to park up the street because part of her yard and driveway get flooded! It is beautiful heading into town; there are marshes and rivers and we can see the ocean from one of the bigger bridges near the Beaufort Port! I can't believe I get to live here!

Praise the Lord, no bad headaches for a couple of weeks. I have very mild headaches often, but they are just niggling and I can forget about them. Mostly they are from my allergies going nuts right now. I just have to stay in the house! I continue to have pain in my hands and my right SI joint is not happy. Can't wait until Sept 1 when Medicare will kick in and I can get all of these things looked into. Gonna have to do it slowly though, still have to pay those deductibles! Just my new normal!

Praying for y'all.
  • cmsienk
    Options
    We went to one of the Town Squares in The Villages tonight. Dave and I took my dad out for dinner; it was a nice evening. I had no idea how hopping it was here. There was a band playing in the center and scads of people brought their folding chairs and just sat down to listen.

We head home tomorrow. Back to cold weather. 😑 And maybe some snow on Sunday night
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh wow! I'm so glad we are in a gradual warm-up. Lots of rain, but in the 60's!

Still no news on Wade's biopsy!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I came back from Florida weighing the same. I guess that's not too bad, considering I didn't do much exercising while I was there. Still - I'd really like to lose a few pounds
  • pianolady831
    Options
    Cindy - Glad you're home safely and that you got to spend time with your Dad. That band playing in the village sounds like fun. I live close to the refurbished "downtown" section of Johnson City and suspect they have some outside entertainment in the summertime. That might be something I get to explore in the months ahead.

Beth wanted to do some kind of outing yesterday on what would have been Dwight's 81st birthday and it turned into a wonderful day. We sat together in church, then Daniel cooked omelets at our house for lunch. In the afternoon, we drove over the mountains to a free botanical garden in Asheville, one that features only native plants and is maintained by a university there. Not much was blooming yet, but there were lots of buds. It was a sweet, peaceful afternoon.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    What a great day, Carole! Right now I can't handle all the budding things. I spend just a little time outside and my allergies go into overdrive! When we lived in TN, I think it was Knoxville that did the outdoor concerts during the summer. I loved it in TN when they had Booms Day, a Labor Day, huge fireworks display. Thousands of people would come and eventually we had to stop going it got so crowded! I looked it up and it looks like it stopped for awhile, but is going to start up again this Sept. The "waterfall" off of the Henley bridge was also a huge attraction. Then there was always the Volunteer's games. I had to stop going to the games, I got a migraine every time I went to one, no matter whether it was basketball or football, I got a migraine! Ugh! Praise the Lord, with this new medication I am not getting severe migraines any more. If my headaches are "strong" I take three extra strength Tylenol and within minutes the headache is gone! Praise to our gracious and loving God!

Did some shopping today - I think my shopping days are over. I only went into Walmart and didn't even walk as much as Wade did, I just stayed in the grocery section, but my right hip and upper thigh were just hurting. I bent down to get something on a lower shelf and my hip almost went out and a sharp pain shot through it and my upper leg. Ugh! Going up the ramp to the house it did the same thing. Lord willing, some time in September I will be able to do an MRI and see what is going on.

Connie, any new news on Kip?
  • cmsienk
    edited March 13
    Options
    My neighbor, Marcia (and her husband, Bob) is in need of prayer. She went in for surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in her palate and came home a few weeks ago to recuperate. (This was right after discovering another patch on her skin that was removed - I can't remember where - AND having an emergency appendectomy.) They took a skin graft from her inner upper arm for her palate, and I know from talking to her that that hurt.

Anyway, she was on a feeding tube for a while, but when that came out, she couldn't eat anything - it hurt too much. She finally went back in and they discovered more rumors in her throat that they tell her they can't do anything about. She's back home now with hospice care. It all just happened so quickly.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Cindy. Will be praying for Marcia and her family.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I'm so sorry, Cindy. Will be praying for Marcia and her family.
  • pianolady831
    Options
    Praying for Marcia and Bob, Cindy. It's rough when it happens so quickly. Do they have family close by?

Kim, I haven't had a problem with spring allergies here in Tennessee like back in Georgia. Dwight always said it was because a certain type of pine tree, one that made the air yellow. That doesn't seem to be a problem here and I am very thankful.

I have a friend in the church whose husband is having a similar experience to Dwight - ER, hospital stay, and now rehab - so I'm getting to relive it all again. I went with with a few friends to take her out to lunch yesterday for her birthday and it was a healing experience for us both. We went to a local bistro and I had the most delicious quiche and tomato basil soup.