Chat

Options

Replies

• Restfinder
    Restfinder Posts: 2,336 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so beautiful. I love the windows and the base of that tower almost looks like mother-of-pearl. Oh my, that staircase. You'd feel like Cinderella going to the ball every time you walked down it! Glad you have time to go looking about!

Had a strong headache this morning. I've had about three in the past two weeks which is a lot better than three a week! They go away quickly once I get my Tylenol and Venlafaxine in me! Praise the Lord!

My Medicare stuff came yesterday. Information on the choices I have. Wade has been watching YouTube stuff to see what the best add-ons would be that will help take care of the stuff we'd have to pay. Who knows how long they are going to even make this available to seniors!

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 18,358 Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    I also toured La Sagrada Familia. Beautiful architecture and an interesting story behind the designer/architect.
    8phs6zo8krnp.jpg
    11icx8uhk7zm.jpg
    1r660skuso58.jpg
    am8x6x8i34ao.jpg
    jxgb7uexepf7.jpg
    zm8frbn8cy55.jpg
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I just kept saying, WOW! Amazing!

I think the biggest building calling itself a Church was the Duke Chapel, very beautiful!
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I hope y'all are doing well. Are you home yet, Cindy?

Another gorgeous day here in NC, 72 now and going up to just 75! So happy it's warm again! Now to find my summer clothes. I found a few things up in the closet!

Not much going on with me. Looking forward to Bible Study tonight! Love y'all.
  • cmsienk
    edited April 17
    Options
    Oh I'm home and out again. 😁 I got home the night of the 14th and was on a 10 am flight to Charlotte for an event at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. That event is tonight and I head home tomorrow morning at 6. 😲BUT... I have the next week off, work on Saturday the 27th and then another week off, so I'll be enjoying a little sleeping in and catching up with my hubby. 🥰

Have a blessed day!
  • connierandel
    connierandel Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Wow! Gorgeous pictures. Hope you get some rest and relaxation.

I've been trying to get a bunch of banking business completed to get Bill off as my beneficiary on my IRAs. He couldn't handle that! Also have forms coming for life insurance. Need to get TOD on house. I think my step daughter can help with that. Also, trying to get a new local banking account set up for mom. This is all just a mess. I've got the girl at the bank trying to get this all together...and it is all complicated with having to use POAs on both.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    It made such a huge difference because Mom had done pretty much all of that stuff beforehand. Her son Allen was named on her accounts, but when he passed away she quickly put Wade on those accounts - several years before she passed. I can't imagine having to do that stuff for two people. Again, you amaze me!
  • cmsienk
    edited April 19
    Options
    I'm back home from 18 straight days on the road. And of course I had gum surgery scheduled for 10 this morning. 😐
    It went pretty quick - I'm back home already. Took 600 mg of ibuprofen and I'm sitting with a frozen bag of rice on my lip and a plastic palate bandaid on the roof of my mouth. I'm not in too much pain but I'm feeling a little blue
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh dear, I'm so sorry! Here's a hug for you: glctif5nt9xp.jpg
  • cmsienk
    edited April 19
    Options
    Thank you, Kim. My husband went to the store to get soft foods for me - no chewing for a week. I had a yogurt earlier and some applesauce with my second round of ibuprofen. If I'm feeling better, I'll make some chicken and rice soup. Soft food diet... no chewing for a week.

I hate this plastic mouth guard palate "bandaid". My gag reflex is really strong and it's constantly rearing its ugly head.

I'm praying that this healing process goes quickly and I can get rid of the palate thing
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh man, I feel for you Cindy. I couldn't stand to have those guards on my teeth to keep me from grinding my teeth at night! The palate would be far worse! Praying you do well and everything comes out right in the end!

I hope y'all did well during the storms. It came through here late last night and early this morning - what a gusher, lightning and thunder! It didn't last long after I got up around 7:30 though, I don't like lightning!

Have a great weekend! Love you
  • connierandel
    Options
    Cindy you are in my prayers. That gag reflex thing would really bother me. Hope you get through it okay. I have to take mom to the dentist in May for 6 fillings! I'm sure she's going to be needing some serious soft food for a while, too! At least it isn't surgery.
  • pianolady831
    pianolady831 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hope you're beginning to feel better by now, Cindy. I would also have a problem with the gag reflex.

I've taken a break for a few days because so much medical needs and paperwork hit at the same time. My son, Drew, got a bacterial infection in his good eye. He's on several kinds of drops and goes for rechecks every couple of days. Then last Monday, he had surgery in his bad eye, the one that diabetes affected the worst. His vision is still blurry and we won't know for a while if it helped or not. This is actually his second surgery, so the first one obviously accomplished very little. I just hope he won't lose his sight. I've also been dealing with paperwork that keeps appearing, this one that has to do with me getting a small lump sum payment from Dwight's retirement. It involved picking up court documents, signing and getting notarized, then recorded. If everything works out, it will be worth it.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to play for an ordination service, something I always enjoy. At the end, a Milligan college student and I are doing a clarinet/piano duet, a beautiful Celtic folk song.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    Oh, that sounds beautiful, Carole! My dad used to play clarinet, well, he could play a lot of things, he was a middle school band teacher; mom played violin and piano; my brother played piano and bass guitar; I played guitar; my sister played the coronet; my other sister played the flute! Funny thing, I have no memory of us playing together. I did sing while my brother played the piano though, but rarely at home, just for Church and a contest once - we came in 2nd.

Connie, Hope Mom handles getting all of those fillings in. Wade has trouble with cavities. I've had a couple last year, and I think three in about 20 years; but my mouth is full of caps and implants! LOL! I have one molar that isn't covered or removed, and my front teeth are all mine!

Brrr, the weather cooled down on me - thermals and sweats for a few days.

We had a good time yesterday. We had our morning Bible Class and then Worship Service and then we had a meal together. So much fun! Wade made a Corn Hole game and several of the guys and youth played that! I can play it when we play in our long hallway, but I don't think I would ever reach the hole at the 27' regulation length! Eek!

Love y'all. Have a great rest of your day!
  • pianolady831
    Options
    The folk song was called "Lough Erin Shore" and it was indeed beautiful. When she told me the title, I pulled it up on Spotify and fell in love with the instrumental arrangement. Now I want to go back and listen to the whole album. Who knows what new Celtic songs I'll learn! The college student is only a sophomore and is so talented on clarinet that I think she should be studying music instead of electrical engineering! She did a beautiful job. We had a meal after the ordination, but I was too tired to stay. Our fellowship meals are called "agape meals," a description which seems to fit perfectly.

I had the air conditioning on last week and now back to heat for a few days. Very nice here in east Tennessee, though. I love how Beth and Daniel have started coming over every Tuesday night and we eat together. Shopped today and plan to cook a beef roast and veggies in the crockpot.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    We did the same thing here. Air then heat. I have one Dr Heater in the house now, in the living room, my office one is put up so it's a bit nippy in here! How nice to have Daniel and Beth coming over regularly. I watch a lady on YouTube - Meme's Recipes - she has a couple of recipe books and the first one is full of Sunday Lunch recipes because she has her whole family over for lunch on Sunday's. She ends her show with - "Remember - shine for Jesus!" We make the chicken casserole with the corn bread stuffing topping quite often! It's so cute, her daughter - KayKay - does her video and you can hear her giggling in the back sometimes.

Love y'all.
  • connierandel
    Options
    Mom had a good birthday and we all enjoyed the visit. Tomorrow is the day that we are supposed to close on Mom's house. We have had so much paperwork! Now I am starting on trying to get the beneficiary changed on my insurance, new POA, new medical directives, new disposition of body (funeral plan), etc. I know that I have to get Bill off of all of this. It isn't probable that I will go before Bill, but you never know. My brain is spinning.
  • Restfinder
    Options
    I keep you in my prayers, Connie, I can't imagine having to figure all of that out. Hope everything ran smoothly at the closing!

I think we are supposed to get a bit warmer today! We were able to sit out on the front porch yesterday, it was so nice. The sun was on us and we stayed warm and it's fun to watch the traffic go by. I feel like those old folks you see on their porches, just a whiling away an afternoon!

Have a great day. Hope you get a chance to be in Bible Study or Prayer Meeting tonight!
  • cmsienk
    Options
    My husband is watching the Supreme Court arguments right now. I listened in for a little, but it just makes me sad - what this country has come to - going after a man in this way. Praying for justice to prevail!
  • pianolady831
    Options
    Kim, could you share that chicken casserole recipe with me? It sounds similar to one that my grandmother used to make and I've never been able to find her recipe.

Connie, I pray for you during all this. I had a lot to go through and Beth has been an incredible help to me. Three months later, things still pop up that I never would have expected. It's good that you're preparing things ahead of time, which is something we never did.

Cindy, we think alike! I have to keep reminding myself that God is in control, because I never thought things could go so wrong in these few years.