Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Replies

• shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 893 Member
    Good to hear about good Thanksgiving visit Paula and that Buster was such a good guest! A more exciting day than one of simply working! I did get a lot done which was good.

It was good to hear about all of the dog news DW. I hope all goes well for you and the dogs this weekend.

We are going to a Bible study this evening and then I think we start our flooring on Saturday. I have lunch out with a friend. I am excited to meet up with her, but I am not excited about having to eat out. I am just simply stuck at my highest weight ever and it's getting discouraging. There does not seem to be any wiggle room. I will enjoy our visit, and focus on the joy of friendship. That should help my mindset and bring down stress levels. I will try to choose wisely from the menu.
  • Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 1,046 Member
    DW, congrats on your gal's success and the dog show, and God bless you for your role in the rescue. Reading about stories like that just warms my heart beyond belief! Good luck at your upcoming scentwork trials. Enjoy your daughter, SIL, and the carbs. It's kind of a carb time of year!

I am pleased with today's accomplishments. My food intake was pretty good, mostly because I was quite busy yet managed to eat at times that kept me from getting too hungry. My family will be here on Saturday for a visit. I am thinking we will get something from Panera because I know they like that a lot I almost got Panera for John and myself a little while ago and saw that they have a Greek bowl that looks really good. So maybe we will have that tomorrow. I will be curious about the nutritional content.
  • shariletts
    So thankful it's Friday and for the day off so we can work on our family room. I need to fit in some time to go shopping, maybe that can be a part of our Sunday. I love shopping, so it isn't work for me.

I hope you enjoy family time Paula. I have never eaten at Panera. We don't have those in Canada, but I have seen them around when we have travelled to the States. We never stopped to eat at one because we were not familiar with what they served. I have a better idea now.

No weight loss for me yet.
  • Paulawilldo
    I used to enjoy shopping (even grocery shopping) when I was able to walk well. Hope all goes well as you continue your family room project Shari.

We had a great day with our family. The boys (ages 5 and 3) are so much fun. The 5 year old is John's Godson. Buster did so well with the boys and the boys with him. This was the first time we have seen Buster interact with children. He was excellent. Not sure if that is his natural personality (probably) or if he had experience with children in his past, or both. The kids live with 3 Boxers, so they are quite used to pets, pets much bigger than Buster. The food from Panera was delicious! We got Mediterranean bowls (I thought they were called Greek bowls but they are Mediterranean bowls) which were only 590 calories. The kids had Panera pizza which looked so good John and I decided to try that sometime. We made plans to get together with again maybe on Dec. 26.

Looking forward to blessed Sunday. So happy that I don't have to do the charity stuff on Sunday as we rearranged the schedule. I will do the rest of my part on Monday.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 331 Member
    Hello! Shari, I hope you were able to work on your home and enjoy some shopping! Paula, I’m glad the visit went well ! It seems that Buster quite the social butterfly!! So nice to have a dog who enjoys going places and enjoys company at home!
    My eating has been not so great again this weekend and my weight has been up since Thanksgiving. Last night I had a large molar come out. It must have been a crown because I don’t have pain. It happened out of nowhere while I was eating turkey noodle soup. I am very frustrated with all the health issues I’ve been having! There will be another call to the dentist tomorrow and also the veterinarian because my youngest has an ear infection. I plan to get back on track tomorrow-I think some weight loss would help with some health concerns! Here’s to a great week for us all!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Oh DW, so sorry about your tooth and your dog's ear infection. Always tough when our pets aren't feeeling well. Glad you don't have any pain from the tooth and hope it is taken care of soon for you. Thing can happen so easily. I am right there with you connecting health issues and weight.

I did ok again today but still not as well as I know I can do. I haven't really done any serious meal planning lately with so much going on and of course Thanksgiving. I do so much better when my meals are planned. I hope to get back to that soon. Some things here are back up in the air as my cousin was readmitted to the hospital here. She fell at home, hit her head, and had a brain bleed. Because of her head injury, she had to be transferred to this hospital because she required a trauma center. The local hospitals "up home" don't qualify as trauma centers. She seems to be doing ok, but this is her 2nd night in the hospital. So far her son hasn't stayed overnight with us, but I think if she is hospitalized much longer we will have him as a house guest again. It isn't good for him to be driving back and forth from home to the hospital here for any extended time.
  • shariletts
    We didn't manage to get out shopping. We were both so sore and tired from putting in the flooring lol. We didn't even make it out to church on Saturday night because I was so tired. It was nice to watch the service from our living room with our feet up. The floor turned out well. I will send a new photo once the baseboard go in.

All that exercise on Saturday did not translate to the scale.

So sorry to hear about your tooth and your puppy's ear infection DW. And I really hope that your cousin recovers well after her fall. That doesn't sound very good at all Paula. So kind of you to open your home so her son can be there for her and not spend so much time on the roads.

Our temperatures took a drop and it is snowing this morning. I am thankful for the treadmill in the basement for days like today. I do need to make sure I get outside at least for a few minutes each day. That is another habit that seems to be slipping away along with drinking enough water.

• Paulawilldo
    Shari, so good that you do your treadmill! And I agree with you about getting outside. Even though I am not outside a lot, when I take Buster out, I am grateful for the fresh air and the opportunity to be outside a little bit.

Today I completed my role with the food drive for the rescue mission. It all went very well. It was nice to see a few folks from my old church today. If I wasn't doing the food drive, I wouldn't have gotten to see them. I am glad that I was able to help, and now I am glad that it is taken care of and over. Now I should have a little more time for myself. My cousin's bleed has gotten smaller which is good news. There is a chance she could be discharged soon. She still has so many other medical issues going on...it could take quite a while before she is close to being ok.

I had an up and down day...too many carbs again I think. I really didn't track my food for the past few days. I did mentally track my food however.
  • shariletts
    I managed to get outside yesterday. I had to get all dressed up to walk down to the shop to feed the cat. I found an electric warming pad in the garage so I took it down for the cat. DH doesn't want to keep the shop as warm as we did last year. It was pretty costly. I think the heating pad will be great for the cat. I am sure she find somewhere warm-ish to sleep, but the heating pad should be wonderful it is working. We will keep the shop at 32 degrees/0 Celsius.

Glad your contribution for the food drive went well Paula. I can imagine how grateful they are for your help. And it would have been nice to see old friends.

I didn't track the last two days either, but I have been pretty faithful at it. I won't let a third day go by. I had noticed my calcium intake has been terrible. I will do better with that nutrient for the rest of this week. No weight loss to report yet.
  • Paulawilldo
    Bad news about my cousin. She was slated to be discharged today. This morning as her sister arrived at the hospital to take her home, something happened and she was unresponsive. The rapid response team was immediately at her bedside. They had to intubate her and do a cat scan. Apparently more blood from the bleed in her brain. Long story but as of now she is in intensive care and on a ventilator. Not much can be done at the moment, except prayers and trying to keep her comfortable. Very high stress for all of us of course, but especially her sister and her son. Not sure what Wednesday will bring.

Shari, did I hear that there was an earthquake in your province? Was it anywhere near your area? Hope all is well!
  • shariletts
    That is very disheartening news about your cousin. I am so glad that this happened at the hospital and not on the way home. Prayers going up.

Paula- I must live under a rock! Until I just looked up the earthquake, I had no idea. We are about 6 hours away from where the quake happened. We used to live in Grande Prairie and heard it was felt there. I didn't think we lived that close to any fault lines. I will have to do some research on that.

I had a full day yesterday. Working that extra hour shortens my evening but in some ways I don't mind. I am more of a morning person now. Maybe that will change up when I retire. Today is my long day, but I do get to check in with my friend over the dinner hour. I look forward so much to do that each week. That make Wednesday a good day even if it is a longer one in regards to working.
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari, Glad no problems from the earthquake in your area. So nice to check in with a friend. Our support systems in various forms are important for sure.

They withdrew care from my cousin early this afternoon. All tubes, etc. are removed. Her breathing is labored, but she is still alive and expected to live at least through the night into Thursday. So very hard for her as well as for her loving family, especially her son and sister. Our far away family are praying and supporting as well from Texas and California.

My eating was off pretty much today. Just to have something easy I made grilled cheese sandwiches for supper. We seldom eat grilled cheese, but I opted for easy today and we do enjoy them. I added pickles (a vegetable???) but didn't serve potato chips or fries or anything. Still not tracking my food.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 331 Member
    Hello! Paula, I am so sorry-praying for your cousin and your family! Shari, I can’t wait to see photos of your remodeled room! We’ve had some unexpected happenings since about 5pm Tuesday. My SIL was admitted to the hospital and has been undergoing testing. No results at this point. My daughter has been sleeping here and spending long days at the hospital. We’ve been helping and supporting as much as possible. Sending prayer hugs to both of you!!
  • shariletts
    There is seems to be a lot of people struggling with their health right now. We have been having a number of funerals at the church and the sad part a lot of people haven't reached their senior years by any stretch. I am praying for both of these situations.

I didn't eat very well yesterday, but I am thankful I can work from home today and make that needed course correction.
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari and DW, Thank you for your prayers! My cousin is pretty much the same, hanging on and still unconscious. They plan is to transport her either to a facility or to home. They are leaning toward home with hospice care and home health services. She is breathing on her own and is comfortable. Such a sad and difficult situation for all.

DW, Prayers for your SIL. If you are comfortable sharing name or initials, please do so. I pray for people by name whenever possible. Please keep us posted on how things go. Good that you can help and have your daughter stay with you. Family support is so important.

I did better with my food choices today so I am pleased a bit about that. Still my motivation could be a lot stronger than it is these days. I am trying to focus on healthy habits again but struggling.

• shariletts
    We have a Christmas Staff Party at work today. I am thankful that it is not a sit down dinner, but appetizers. Much easier to choose the foods and the quantity that I want- as long as I stay strong!

I have a full day as I have to drive in to the office this morning to help set up for the party tonight, get back home to change and get some make up on, then we agreed to drive one of our kids to his staff party as he would like to have a few drinks and won't drive. Then off to our party. I have a tight timeline, but I will enjoy time in the car with Tyler. He lives the closest, but we don't see him too often.

I don't expect any weight loss, but it would be wonderful!!!
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari, how nice that you have a strategy for your Christmas party. Hoping your stayed strong too! Not easy when goodies abound at this time of year.

My cousin will be moved to her home tomorrow if all goes as planned. She will have in-home hospice care and other support in place. She remains unconscious.

I had a relatively good eating day today. It could have been better, but for the most part my choices were healthy and low in carbs. I also accomplished several "to do" list items in between communicating with my cousins here and in Texas. I also spoke with a chaplain who works with the hospice care being provided to my cousin. This man is an old friend of mine for over 40 years. He gave me some really good insights into the hospice services. At one point I put him on speaker and he prayed over the phone with me and John. It meant a lot to us. He will likely be in touch with my cousin's son and sister over the weekend. What a blessing to know this wonderful man on a personal level and now to have him helping my family.
  • shariletts
    I didn't do too badly at the Christmas party. It went quite well, but I did end up working through the night. Which was okay, that means I can take some hours off in the coming weeks. That works as I have counselling as well a blood work appt. Those are both on Thursday during work hours. Now I won't have to make up that time.

Paula- that sounds so crazy that your cousin will be sent home while she is still unconscious. That seems frightening! I am glad there is a personal support for you and your family. It will be quite an adjustment and responsibility. (Unless you meant a care home.)
  • Paulawilldo
    Shari, Woo hoo for earning some time off from work. When I worked, earning "comp time" was a big deal. I used to love it, but it was not easy to get approved for comp time after a while. I used to love it because I found it priceless to have extra time off. But our administration preferred to pay us extra money rather than allow comp time for the most part.

There was a glitch with the transport arrangements for my cousin today so she is still in the hospital, still unconscious, and still comfortable. I spoke with her sister for about an hour tonight as her sister sat by her side. She will be taken to her home where there is already a hospital bed set up for her from prior to to fall last Saturday. They got a hospital bed for her when she was discharged following the kidney procedures. It was one week today that she fell and hit her head.

I had a good diet day today....no temptations and no cravings. Aiming for the same for Sunday!
  • shariletts
    Yesterday I made cabbage rolls for Christmas dinner. I plan to take some over to my mom's tonight since she doesn't make them anymore. She hasn't seen me in a long time and I know she will notice that I put on weight. I don't think she will say anything to me. I just can't seem to lose weight anymore. I won't give up, if I give up, I will keep putting more and more weight on. It is getting very frustrating.

I hope today will be a good day mentally and physically.