Daily Check In: Are You On Track Today?

Options

Replies

• DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello! I don't know where this week has gone! My work schedule changed this week but will change back next week. I received a questionnaire for jury duty and needed to go online to complete it. I will be "on call" for the month of April.
    Paula, that is quite a coincidence with the sisters and Craig! I'm glad that you are feeling better!
    Shari, I hope your day working from home has turned out well!! Fridays off sound wonderful!!
    Last Sunday when I had the communion prayer, a funny thing happened...I got dressed for church and wore a dark purple sweater that I've only worn anywhere once or twice. When I got to church, the church was decorated in purple for Lent and the minister was wearing a white robe with a purple stole (I don't know if that's what it is called). It was very strange to be color-coordinated and blend in with the background-LOL!!
    I am entered in Rally Trials on March 2nd and 3rd with my younger dog..we haven't had much time to practice or get many classes in but I was feeling confidant at the time I entered her... at the worst, it will be a learning experience!
    I continue trying to make good food choices! Have a great weekend!!
  • shariletts
    shariletts Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I made it to Friday!!!!! So happy it was a short week.

I had a good diet day and I managed to motivate myself to walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes. After sitting all day, that was good.

I wonder how long this president will be in her role. It would be so nice if she could self reflect and could be more considerate. You do so well to handle her Paula.

• Paulawilldo
    Paulawilldo Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    DW, I bet you looked lovely in the purple sweater at church. Sounds like it was meant be. Nice to have something like the rally trials to look forward to. Hoping your girl does well.

Shari, the prez will probably be in that position as long as our group exists, mostly because no one else will step up to take it (including me). Most of the group is seniors who all have their share of health concerns and such (again including me). I have suggested to the prez that it would be ok with me if the group disbanded, but she doesn't want that to happen. And I suspect if we do disband, she will blame me for the group going inactive.

I did well with food choices today, but my energy level was lower than I hoped and my pain level was much higher than I expected. I ended up resting more than I anticipated, but as the day wore on I was stronger and less tired. So later in the day I was able to accomplish a good amount of my to do list.
  • shariletts
    Options
    DW- I missed your last post somehow. Usually MFP prompts me to the last unread post, but maybe I imagining that and need to scroll up to check. I will keep an eye on that. Purple is a beautiful color! Glad wearing it made your day more memorable.

Paula- I hope you enjoy the rest of the church group and your role in it. You are a very loyal person and that is so wonderful.

I don't have plans for today. I do want to drop things off for a second hand store today. I have a couple of boxes of things that I want to move out of the house. After that, I am hoping to buy a pair of new running shoes. I will be on to reading for an hour and then get a start on laundry. So much fun lol!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, It always feels good to move some things out of the house, especially if it is going to a place where it can be used by others. Hope you find a good pair of running shoes.

I planned to do some reading today but didn't get much of it accomplished. I hope I can read more tomorrow. I made another big pot of beef stew this afternoon. We will have a few days of meals with it again, and John really enjoys it. It also reminds me of my childhood because my mother used to make beef stew quite a bit in the winter. I wish I would have accomplished more today than I did, but I gave myself a break because it is the weekend (funny really since every day is very much the same for me being retired). I enjoyed taking it easy and resting again. Tomorrow will also be mostly a day of rest, at least that is the plan for after our online church service.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I found a pair of running shoes. I was looking for an off white pair to go with some cream colored pants that I got near Christmas time. I didn't love the look wearing them with my white runners. The new shoes are very comfortable which is wonderful.

I will be cooking a roast today. DH tends to buy them when they are on sale but then since there are only two of us, I rarely cook them. I have a rule on right now that we are not buy anything that needs to be frozen. We have to much food in the freezer once again. It will take forever to get through it all!!!

We will enjoy a day of rest up until I have a mission meeting at 6pm. I am not looking forward to going to the church for it, but I need to. Sunday evening meetings are not my optimal time, but I guess it is for young adults.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Congrats on the running shoes Shari. I know some folks have quite a difficult time finding a pair that suits them well. Enjoy them. Like you, I have a full freezer, but mine is simply one side of my side by side refrigerator. I keep it far too well stocked and often wish I had a second freezer chest or otherwise. Many years ago I had a second fridge in the basement and used that for extra storage of cold and frozen items. When that fridge died I never replaced it. Since I can no longer access our basement, it wouldn't do me much good now anyway I guess.

I had a fairly restful day. But I grazed way too much and stopped tracking my food early in the afternoon. Must get back on track tomorrow and resume tracking my food.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I did much better tracking yesterday. I didn't add a few foods, but it's a move in the right direction. I was far too high in fats and that offset the protein. It's going to help to see where I can make some improvements if I can keep up with the tracking. I have added a reminder note to my fridge and hope that will help me to do it.

We got a snowstorm yesterday that lasted through the night. I had to drive home in it and it was a bit stressful but I made it. I am a little excited that I will be able to do some cross country skiing again. But that is the only thing that I am happy about with this snowfall. Thankful I get to work from home today and avoid what I think would be a terrible drive into the city. Hopefully there aren't too many collisions.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Brave lady Shari driving home in a snow storm. My anxiety would have been extreme enough to keep me wherever I was rather than driving I think. Congrats on tracking!

It was a good day for me all around. I had some energy and was able to tolerate my pain fairly well. I tracked all of my food and used all of today's points with one point remaining. I spent a good part of today texting and emailing relatives because one of my mother's first cousins passed away at age 86. John and I remained in touch with this cousin until her dementia set in and she moved to a special care facility. My mother had many many first cousins covering a great age range as her mother was second oldest of 11 children. Some of my mom's first cousins are my age or younger while others are much much older. I have enjoyed being in touch with so many of these cousins today thru group emails and texts. We have been reminiscing about many family related stories, etc.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I had some anxious moments driving home. I am a bit nervous to have to drive in to work today. I hope it's worth the travel. I think I might message my supervisor to make sure he will be at the office. If he isn't, it's not worth me having to be there. We shall see.

I tracked yesterday and I was over my calorie goal and far too high with the fat macro. I guess that explains why I can't lose any weight. I will need to work on reducing the amount of fat I am eating and add more fruits and veggies to my diet.

Sorry to hear about the passing of your family member. I trust that she has received her healing from the dementia and is enjoying the newness of eternity. I am sure there is great comfort in having family to connect with and share about the good memories.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, Have you determined what foods are contributing to your fat numbers? Just curious. I don't get a break down with WW the way your macros are broken down, but I do know that the higher the fat content in the food, the higher the point value.

I had a really good day today all around. I tracked all of my food....one pt over my range, but I have plenty of "weeklies" which are extra points allotted for each week. I didn't have a huge to do list today so it was an easy day in that sense. My pain level was really tolerable again today which I think contributes to having a bit more energy. My 2nd online church class (the 7:30 one) was cancelled at the last minute. That made the evening easier with having to sit in my wheelchair for only one class.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I haven't taken a good look, but I think it's the eggs, milk, butter and meat. Those are the better types of fats and there is the extra ones from chocolate. I know I could balance things out better by adding more fruit and veggies into my diet. I haven't had a good variety on hand lately.

It's super cold here again and I was thankful to be given the day to work from home. I do need to go in to day and I hope the roads are in better shape than they were the last couple of days. We had a lot of snow and the clearing took some time.

I got my walking in last night while I visited with a friend on the phone. We used to check in more frequently so we had a lot to talk about.

I weighed in today and I am at 0 pounds gained or lost. I have been making little changes and one day they should add up to tip the scale to a lower number. It is hard to have the patience to see the progress and not give up.
  • DW2022
    DW2022 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello! Paula, I am so sorry about the passing of your Mother's cousin. Shari, I hope you have had safe travels today!! Our temperature was in the 60s this morning and has dropped to the 20s with a great deal of wind. There was a tornado near my sister's home-about a mile away from her. She lost power but no damage. Answered prayers!! When I got up this morning and turned on the news, I saw that her county was under a tornado warning. My 1st thought was to call her but my 2nd thought was much better-to pray!! And so I did. A while later she was texting me to say that they were OK.
    My weight has been up and down this week but I am hoping to end on a good note...time will tell! I am still tracking my meals and weight on NOOM. Today I learned that the state offers a healthy living program that I can access through my employer. I plan to sign up tomorrow. Gift cards can be awarded for participation and accomplishing specific things...I will explore it more thoroughly! That's all the news here. Have a great Thursday!
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Nothing compares to the power of prayer DW. So glad your sister is ok. Your state's healthy living plan sounds interesting. Programs with incentives such as gift cards are said to be effective from what I've heard.

Shari, you are so right about how hard it is to keep going when the scale doesn't seem to recognize all of our efforts. I commend you for getting in your walking with the bonus of enjoying a conversation with a good friend. That can be an excellent incentive.

I am pleased with my day today. My project for Sunday's meeting took almost no time at all. I called the prez and told her my info and added that John and I would not be attending the meeting. She tried to talk me into coming but did so in a pretty nice way. Eventually she accepted my decision and did so nicely. Woo Hoo!! Perhaps she is finally beginning to understand my situation.

I did very well with food choices today. I made a low point WW soup using ground turkey, Rotel, chicken broth, beans, and corn as well as some seasonings. John just loved it and we have enough for tomorrow. I enjoyed it too and especially because it is so low in points.
  • shariletts
    Options
    It's so good to hear that everyone is doing well and walking with faith.

Not much to report on my end. I am enjoying a book called Atomic Habits and I am hopeful that I incorporate some of strategies into my life to help with weight loss. So far it's been very insightful and an easy read.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, I looked up your book, and it sure looks interesting. Please keep us posted on what you gather from it as you read.

It was another good day for me with eating and taking care of my to do list. I am so happy that my pain remains tolerable, and I just hope and pray I stay at this level or maybe even get a little better if that isn't too much to ask. We finished the soup I made yesterday so it was an easy supper. I am pleased that my hunger level is manageable which helps me so much with portion control.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I don't think it will take me long to complete the book. The first lesson in it is about making a 1% improvement every day towards a goal. There will come a time where you can tip the scales (so to speak) and you will see the impact the changes made. The theory being that it is easier to manage small changes that last rather than making one big change that you will give up on in the long run because it's too hard.

I am starting to make small changes that will impact my weight loss goal. The first one that I have implemented is reducing the sugar that I put in my coffee. The second thing I did was switch out the cream to milk. I have started a list and I will add these little habits up and I really hope that by the end of the year, I will have made some progress in my weight loss goal. There will be other pointers from the book. That was one of the first tips.

We are back in the deep freeze and I don't like it! I am not a winter person at all. We got the snow, but now it is far too cold to be outside. No cross country skiing yet.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Shari, your comments about your book have already given me some good things to think about. I appreciate your sharing very much. Thank you.

I did not do well with food choices today. I went over my points and then stopped tracking. Ugh!!! I will get back on track tomorrow. I realized that when I stray as far as I did today, I don't feel well, not RA related, just not myself because of my poor choices. Onward to a better day tomorrow.
  • shariletts
    Options
    I was having a good eating day, but then messed up at night! I will have a better day today. I always feel bad after having a day like that too!

We are working on our back entrance and I am hoping I can, and have the energy, to remove some wall paper boarder. Not sure what else I will get done, but that is my goal. I had my second Shingrex vaccine, so I may not last the whole day if I end up feeling like I did the last time.
  • Paulawilldo
    Options
    Hoping you did ok following your most recent vaccine. Removing wallpaper boarder sounds tricky to me, especially as I have zero home improvement skills.

Today was a much better day for me with food choices and getting some things done, but I really still don't feel like myself. I felt a little anxious today which happens now and then but hasn't been happening lately. I am expecting this will pass. My friend from college, retired nurse practitioner, is coming to visit tomorrow. She lives about 90 miles away so we don't see each other as often as we'd like. She wants to treat John to a special lunch (delivery from a local restaurant) in advance of his birthday which coming up in 2 weeks. I am planning to make a healthy choice for this lunch.